12 inch Square of the Month CAL 2011

twinklesnow

When I did the Mum square it wanted to roll and curl up too. I just kept smoothing it out and stretching it to make it more "square" as I was working on it. It came out fine and I think when it is attached to other squares it will be wonderful!

I think it's just because it's more of a "lacey" pattern versus a heavier or more solid one...if that makes any sense? :think

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twinklesnow - the afghan is really pretty. I love bright colors.

smith - I agree with hunter green rather than med thyme. It would also be nice with a rich blue, maybe RH blue or royal, depending on how dark you want it to be.

I made the Victorian square and it turned out so pretty!

I tried the Dutch square last night even though I'm making mine just one color. I couldn't figure it out after the first few rows...or I should say I didn't think it looked right in only one color after the first few rows. I'm eager to see how everyone else's turn out :)

So instead I started the double framed lace. It is super easy (brain-dead easy, lol) just what I needed last night :) I have only a couple more rows to finish that one.

This is really fun! I'm so excited to thnk that at the end of the year I'll have an afghan and it will have been enjoyable and not feel like tons of work.

I'm debating whether to make a 12 square afghan and a pillowghan or just two afghans.

I tried the Dutch square last night even though I'm making mine just one color. I couldn't figure it out after the first few rows...or I should say I didn't think it looked right in only one color after the first few rows. I'm eager to see how everyone else's turn out :)

That one made me crazy, ripped it, tossed the pattern aside. Did a different one by Champygirl that I extended to snuggle size.

Where is the Dutch one from? Oh never mind....just figured it out....duhhhhhh! I printed it off but haven't attempted to make it. Since mine are all in one color I probably won't even mess with it. Maybe I'll do the snowflake one instead. Thanks for the heads up on it Wrennie!

I was wondering how the Dutch square would look in one color. If I finish all the other January projects, I might try one in two colors for a snuggle. I haven't actually looked at the pattern yet.

The way things are going here... I think it's going to be May before I get started on my squares! But by then I'll know what color(s) I want to use, know what stash I have left to use, and maybe have time... maybe... lol

If you guys like it, I may include it later this year as a square for our afghan! Im making a sampler afghan that I plan to put up on my Etsy shop with the grand opening later next month to earn money that I can use to buy my supplies.

Finished my squares for Dec and Jan and since I was on a roll and had the yarn out -- the bonus squares as well :hook

Those turned out so pretty! I love all the colors that you used :)

I still can't find my camera cord but I think my dh is on board with getting a new camera since ours isn't working as well as it used to and it's several years old ;)

Archived