Contagious Crochet

I have a blog. Apart from my online friends, very few people I know in real life know about it. My husband, my parents, my siblings and my parents' dog are the stars of my blog - and up until recently, they didn't even know. I told my mother about it in the summer and she nearly had a fit when she read what I'd written about her and her sisters (here). A nice fit: she laughed so much that she almost choked on her tea, then insisted vehemently that it WAS NOT TRUE (but it is). The next time she got together with her sisters, she read it out loud to them and there was much indignant shrieking that it WAS NOT TRUE (but it is).

Anyway, that was six months ago. Since then I've noticed the occasional visitor on my blog from an odd little town in Ireland. More odd is the fact that this person comes in via Google, by googling my name and 'Germany' and 'Gingerbread Lady'. I couldn't quite figure it out till this evening when my mother told me that she'd been to visit one of my aunties.

"I've got a bone to pick with your daughter!" said Auntie.

"Which one?" asked Mother (she does have four daughters after all).

"The German one!" said Auntie. "Her darned blog got me hooked on crochet again!"

And then, according to my mother, she produced a stack of crocheted Christmas ornaments and Christmas stockings. Apparently, my auntie used to love crocheting - then she stopped for THIRTY YEARS and now she's totally addicted again.

Haha. Wait till I get home at Christmas with all my fancy yarn and hooks and my STACKS of patterns! Wait till I introduce her to the pattern database on Ravelry! She has NO IDEA what it's like to be addicted ... Bwoahahhahhaaaa!! Batten the hatches, Auntie! :lol:lol:lol

Oh that's such a neat story. That will be so much fun sharing crochet with your Auntie. I love visiting your blog. In fact just this afternoon I sat my husband down to read a couple of your stories about Zuppy. He's a dog lover and Jack Russells have a special place in his heart. He said she has a great writing style and said she should write a book, about Zuppy of course!

Archived