2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha Ha you are too funny :rofl But it is true. Go yarn shopping with Sue and she walks out with a little bag of stuff and you walk out with 2 giant bags of yarn. Still can't figure this one out. lol

And yet you still want to go shopping with me... :lol

Too funny!:rofl:rofl:rofl It's a good thing I'm not in Florida then! :shop

I think it was Jana and mine's second shopping trip and I almost got her to pay for mine! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

It's been too hot to do anything outside, so I've had a fair amount of crochet time. I bought 8 skeins this week. Used 3 skeins and got 2 more down to balls. So I'm still in the negatives, but not as much as it could have been!

WTD -8

What would my score be now if I bought 11 yes 11 skeins of yarn from hobby lobby and didn't make anything.

wtd:+1/ytd+6

this was last weeks score

Your score would be a -22 for the week. And your YTD would be -16

:manyheart

I've been working on a granny square poncho this week, and I'm almost finished with it. Ran into a bit of a problem with the gold yarn, so now I'm on the hunt for another ball of that, and Mary Maxim no longer has that color. WTD +14

What would my score be now if I bought 11 yes 11 skeins of yarn from hobby lobby and didn't make anything.

wtd:+1/ytd+6

this was last weeks score

only 11? I'd be happy to get out of HL with only 11 skeins! :lol:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

WTD: -7 and proud of it! :rofl I bought 6 skeins of yarn at walmart, but use up 2 skeins a 1 ball! :cheer

My first stashbusting report:

WTD: +3/YTD: +3

I used 3 yarn balls working on my stash-ghan and my red/white/blue freeform ;)

I want to make sure I understand how to count. Size of skein doesn't matter, there are 2 points/skein--so my little sugar & cream cotton skein is 2, and my 1 lb peaches 'n creme cotton cone of yarn is 2, correct??

Thanks

WTD-3/YTD-3

I used 3 yarn balls working on my stash-ghan and my red/white/blue freeform ;)

I want to make sure I understand how to count. Size of skein doesn't matter, there are 2 points/skein--so my little sugar & cream cotton skein is 2, and my 1 lb peaches 'n creme cotton cone of yarn is 2, correct??

Thanks

that is correct! same with them big caron pounders :lol

Is it my imagination, or are these skeins smaller than they used to be?

I noticed this, too. According to the labels, the newer skeins are still the same ounces and yardage, so maybe they're just wound tighter than before.

WTD: -2

Thanks

Yes, that is correct. And now next week, whatever you do gets added to the Year to date score. The YTD is like a running tally for the year of how much you use, or buy. It's fun to see at the end of the year how much you actually used, bought or received.

Welcome to the group. And always feel free to ask questions, either to the group, or to me in a PM.

I noticed this, too. According to the labels, the newer skeins are still the same ounces and yardage, so maybe they're just wound tighter than before.

That's probably it -- maybe when they first came out they were showing off the 'fluff factor.' I got these last two from a thrift shop, unlabeled. I guess someone could've used a little off the outside of the skeins before donating them.

How about an update?

Hey there! :) Yarn Geek posted yesterday about having to work today & would probably post mid-to-late afternoon. (Hope this helps.) Have a great day all!!! :cheer

.... The YTD is like a running tally for the year of how much you use, or buy. It's fun to see at the end of the year how much you actually used, bought or received.

FUN????? in a sadistic yarnie kind of way :rofl

:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn and more :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Way To Bust That Stash!!

TCarra +19 Gold Medal Winner!!!!!

lhasaapsolady +14 Silver Medal Winner!!!!

pineknott +10 Bronze Medal Winner!!!!

Mouse CLP +8

shannart +3

walker1021 +6

TurtleLvr +3

CLLinda +2

PBLKNP +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

saffronangel +1

Holding Steady!!

Crafty Witch 0

More Yarn!!

yarn_geek -2

cris -5

FrLopLady -7

greyhoundgrandma -8

krazycrocheter -22

kraftynkrazy -44 Shoot the Moon Winner!!!! -tag, you're it!:devil

If I missed anyone or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them. ;)

Way To Bust That Stash!!

TCarra +19 Gold Medal Winner!!!!!

lhasaapsolady +14 Silver Medal Winner!!!!

pineknott +10 Bronze Medal Winner!!!!

Mouse CLP +8

shannart +3

walker1021 +6

TurtleLvr +3

CLLinda +2

PBLKNP +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

saffronangel +1

Holding Steady!!

Crafty Witch 0

More Yarn!!

yarn_geek -2

cris -5

FrLopLady -7

greyhoundgrandma -8

krazycrocheter -22

kraftynkrazy -44 Shoot the Moon Winner!!!! -tag, you're it!:devil

If I missed anyone or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them. ;)

Where did you get -44 from? What does it mean to be the shoot the moon winner?

:dance Wow! What an honor! And am I surprised!:jumpyay Although I gifted a few skeins to someone, I was indeed busy-busy-busy crocheting NICU blankies at night. :crocheting

Congrats to all! :flower ... Because whether you crocheted your butt off or acquired more yarn, it's ALL GOOD! :applause

The -44 came from the person who posted their score as that. They acquired a net growth of approximately 22 skeins (probably a gift or they found yarn somewhere super cheap and loaded up).

Shoot the Moon is the person who acquired the most points from that week. The StM winner will post the scores next Sunday (gather them up from all the Saturday posts)

:thinkkraftynkrazy's score for the week is -44 (post 2275).

In a nutshell, the person who "lost" (i.e. has the lowest score/added the most yarn to her/his stash) becomes the Shoot the Moon winner and gets to post scores for the following week as "punishment".

ETA: What cris said!

It's not really losing if you are the "Shoot the Moon" Winner. You just have more yarn to play with!:lol:lol:lol

Archived