2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I'm really in the hole this week. My DH took my best friend and I to the annual fabric and yarn sale. I managed to get 170 various skeins of yarn and crochet thread there, of which I have used 14. I also got some fabric, odds and ends and pattern books, I'm sure glad they don't count. My grand total is :eekWTD-312

SHOPPING TRIP!!!!

:rofl

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really in the hole this week. My DH took my best friend and I to the annual fabric and yarn sale. I managed to get 170 various skeins of yarn and crochet thread there, of which I have used 14. I also got some fabric, odds and ends and pattern books, I'm sure glad they don't count. My grand total is :eekWTD-312

Man, why couldn't I have seen this before I left work and came home? I decided "oh, I can just go yarn shopping after work tomorrow" when I left the shop. Now I wish I would have gone today!!

Kind of a crazy week. Used up 6 points, but then my yarn came from Knitpicks. But only one skein of my 4 came. Don't know why the others didn't come.

So I'm at a +4 for the week

WTD=+4 Ytd=-2

:manyheart

well not a bad week. Just have to quit buying yarn so I can get ahead :lol

WTD -7

A trip to Michaels and Joann's kinda got in the way.

Agree with what someone said..prices at Michaels weren't very good, nothing on sale.

No changes for me this week...my left arm is killing me and I haven't done any crocheting or shopping all week.

All the area yarn shops around Asheville sponsored a yarn crawl today (and tomorrow), but I didn't do too badly. I bought 5 skeins, but then gave 4 skeins from my stash to another crocheter.

WTD -2

YTD +41

Scores for W/E May 14:

Gold Medal Winner:

walker1021 +5

greyhoundgrandma +5

Silver Medal Winner:

CLLinda +4

Bronze Medal Winner:

cris +3

fc1123 +3

Making Progress:

Ellie 13 +2

cshort +2

dragonpuck +2

Holding Steady:

Marzee 0

pineknott 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

saffronangel 0

Braxxi 0

Having fun with new yarn:

MouseCLP -2

TurtleLvr -6

FrLopLady -7

yarngeek -48

Shoot the Moon Winner:

Ihasaapsolady -312

Hopefully I'm not too late getting these in...

This was a slightly better week, in that I used up one skein, and I was able to give away 7 balls to a friend for her knitting class, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +9 YTD -9

:c9 :cheer:yay

A silver medal for a +4? Ok. I'll take it.

Let's all do some serious stashbusting this week. I know we can do it.

Started on baby aghan #1 using baby clouds (kinda like a softer homespun - uck!!) It's going pretty fast, so hopefully this week's score will be good like last week's.

I'm also planning on going thru my thread to scale it down some. What I won't use in the near future will be heading to Goodwill this weekend. Time to really scale down and use up the stash on hand. My 6 drawer dresser looks like it has yarn growths spilling out the drawers and onto the floor. lol Happy stashbusting!!

I thought I was going to be doing really well this week, but now I've ended up with two more boxes of yarn from my sister's house. Good news is I now have a variety of colors for those bookmarks I'm always intending to make.

Working on two knitted bibs. Same pattern. Different colors and yarns.

So hopefully, I will get them done, and be up some points this week.

Archived