2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

well yesterday I received 12 skeins of yarn from my sister. So that puts me at -24 so far for the week.

I wish I had a sister. That must be great to have one, and one that brings you yarn, too. She's a keeper!

:manyheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I had a sister. That must be great to have one, and one that brings you yarn, too. She's a keeper!

Unfortunately, my sister would bring me skiens and skiens of yarn just to see me get the Shoot the moon each week. She would want to see my score in the negative as much as possible.

Like that would really hurt my feelings. Other than not being able to get around in my house.

I think I found a way to loose a little more stash. A friend just found out she's pregnant and I think I'm going to make her a neutral colored blanket.

Should use up a skien or two.

I finished two skeins on my son's afghan and a ball went into a dish cloth. I'm working on three afghans at once and the other two use 2 and 3 colors and bigger skeins so they are going slowly.

I resisted Joann's 30% off sale with free shipping, so maybe I can make it this week without buying anything. I still have to go by Wal-Mart sometime.

Used up 2 more balls making a cute turtle! +10 for the week!

I have to behave since in a couple weeks Jana and I are shopping, that will put me negative no problem! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Used up one ball into my 3sub last night during The Biggest Loser. Gave two more balls to my daughter and twelve-year-old cousin which they used to make bracelets and tie up their 51-year-old uncle/cousin. :lol

Brings my wtd to a +3 for this week so far. :D

Yeah she's a keeper now for her to just stop sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. Realized today I used 3 skeins of yarn so a +6

Gave two more balls to my daughter and twelve-year-old cousin which they used to make bracelets and tie up their 51-year-old uncle/cousin. :lol

:D

Love it ~~ :rofl

I blew it with my stop by Wal-Mart. I intended to just get 2-3 bright colors of RHSS for HAP rectangles. I needed a color change to get motivated again. Got 4 skeins.

Then I stumbled on the fact that some yarns were just starting to be marked down. Luckily it was just a limited few.

P&C daisy ombre for $1. Only color marked down.

Bernat Softee Baby 5 oz for $2.50. Not much selection in it--got some white, mint and one pink.

Bernat Baby Jacquards easter basket for $1. I hope I don't regret the jacquards since I think it's probably better knitted than crocheted.

I haven't counted yet, but it's two (reusable) bags.

I finished another skein in an afghan last night, but that's a drop in the bucket!

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: +12

I used up one ball (+1) of gray on the charity blanket. Ran out and started another similarly colored ball, but didn finish that.

post-19794-135897639616_thumb.jpg

Then I used a ball (+1) of blue/pink/white varigated on an 8" square and four yo-yos.

post-19794-135897639623_thumb.jpg

I should really block my squares before photographing, but I'm just too lazy.

I have another ball of that that I plan to use to make a preemie/baby hat. And then I have yet another of the same stuff, but paler. Not sure what I will do with that.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +12 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Score! :clap:clap:clap:clap

After a month of searching and not finding anywhere but online (where the price is just a bit more than I want to pay) and after finally deciding I'll have to frog everything I have done so I can change the one color to something else and start completely over.....:frog:frog:frog

I found FIVE skeins of Caron Simply Soft in PINE! :cheer:D:c9

Hobby Lobby had it. Since I was over that direction for the neurologist today, I decided to pop in and check. It's the only Hobby Lobby close by but it's still close to an hour drive so it wasn't worth driving there to find out they didn't have it any other day. But since I was over that way...

WOOOOOOTTTT

Now to finish up the small bit of the current skein of L&T I was working on in the waiting room so I can add that +2 to my current, um, -8 i think (have to check my chart)

AND the :sun is out!!! 66 degrees today!

I have failed horribly at busting. Think I may just lurk and visit. DOn't wanna be the permanent moon shooter!

Don't throw in the towel~~~ stay with us~~~pretty please????:yes

Score! :clap:clap:clap:clap

After a month of searching and not finding anywhere but online (where the price is just a bit more than I want to pay) and after finally deciding I'll have to frog everything I have done so I can change the one color to something else and start completely over.....:frog:frog:frog

I found FIVE skeins of Caron Simply Soft in PINE! :cheer:D:c9

Hobby Lobby had it. Since I was over that direction for the neurologist today, I decided to pop in and check. It's the only Hobby Lobby close by but it's still close to an hour drive so it wasn't worth driving there to find out they didn't have it any other day. But since I was over that way...

WOOOOOOTTTT

Now to finish up the small bit of the current skein of L&T I was working on in the waiting room so I can add that +2 to my current, um, -8 i think (have to check my chart)

AND the :sun is out!!! 66 degrees today!

I have so been there before! Not only is it more to order online, but if you only need a skein or two, the shipping can be as much or more than the yarn! I have done it though. Glad you were able to find the yarn you needed!

I have failed horribly at busting. Think I may just lurk and visit. DOn't wanna be the permanent moon shooter!

Hang in there! Some weeks you just don't make much progress--and some weeks it's in the wrong direction. Counted my Wal-Mart trip--28 skeins. I've used 4 skeins and 1 ball so far this week, so there will be something of a gap.

Awwww don't leave us! If you shoot the moon again, I'll post your numbers on Sunday :P

Archived