2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I made the BIG mistake of going into Michaels today! They had a bunch of yarn on sale for $2 a skein - stuff that's normally around $4.49. I had 36 skeins follow me home!!! :eek

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They mesmerized me. Most expensive 3oz skeins I've bought (to date). Never knew bamboo was so soft! Yeah it's a blend but OH MY!

Heh, bamboo yarn is a type of rayon, so think about what kind of texture rayon usually has, and there you go.

I made the BIG mistake of going into Michaels today! They had a bunch of yarn on sale for $2 a skein - stuff that's normally around $4.49. I had 36 skeins follow me home!!! :eek

They needed a good home! LOL... :lol

Midds, your projects are awesome! I love the colors!

Braxxi, I sure wish I had yarn shopping to do this week! I think you would keep me safe.:yay

Shell Lee, I love your sense of humor. You make me smile.:D

walker1021, please stay safe and guard your stash.:yes

walker1021, please stay safe and guard your stash.:yes

The stash is safe. It wasn't touched by the fire nor by Sue. Of course, Sue couldn't get to me thru all the flames and smoke, but I bet she would have rescued my stash for me if the men in red trucks would have let her thru. Not sure if she would have rescued me and my family, but she definately would have escaped with the stash. :lol

The stash is safe. It wasn't touched by the fire nor by Sue. Of course, Sue couldn't get to me thru all the flames and smoke, but I bet she would have rescued my stash for me if the men in red trucks would have let her thru. Not sure if she would have rescued me and my family, but she definately would have escaped with the stash. :lol

Let me through? I would have broken through, crochet hook in hand, beating them off with dishcloths as weapons. :D As for you and the family, I would rescue you...if there was room in the car after loading up the stash that is. :sofunny

:turtle:vheart

Those darn skeins are getting even trickier now. I left work at end of shift... and they reached out across the miles and tried to tangle my tires up and yank me to the store!

I fought and kept control of my car. But man, I think I sprained my arms doing it!

Those are great Midds!! :cheer

Midds, your projects are awesome! I love the colors!

Thank you both for the wonderful compliments! :hug

Are you all just collecting yarn!? :lol I don't see anyone else's projects! :hook

Midds, your projects are awesome! I love the colors!QUOTE]

Thank you both for the wonderful compliments! :hug

Are you all just collecting yarn!? :lol I don't see anyone else's projects! :hook

yeah, yeah, I'm collecting yarn!

I'm actually using it too! The pictures have been posted in show-n-tell areas or in other CALs that they go with. :) About to post another ghan shortly once I weave three more tails and get a good picture or two. (ETA: posted the ghan pictures in show and tell - afghans).

I just finished this guy. He gave me a +1. :) Working on a bear now that will add another +1.

post-28075-13589763474_thumb.jpg

there are some pretty good conversations going on here!! wish I had more time to come on and chat with all of you. I have managed to get through 2 skeins of yarn this week though.

Well, I'm home with the flu. :sick:fever

I'm too sick to work, but not too sick to stitch! Hoping to get through some more stash over the next few days...

:crocheting

I just finished this guy. He gave me a +1. :) Working on a bear now that will add another +1.

[ATTACH]35834[/ATTACH]

Sue, he is just too cute!! Can't wait to see the bear.

p.s. hubby says if you are coming to rescue my yarn, you better have a big car!! :rofl

So nice to be able to log on and get a good laugh! Thank you all for that. Finished up a skein last night so now only at -6 for the week.

Those darn skeins are getting even trickier now. I left work at end of shift... and they reached out across the miles and tried to tangle my tires up and yank me to the store!

I fought and kept control of my car. But man, I think I sprained my arms doing it!

:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl

I also wanted to say that so many of you impress me with the speed you go through skeins!

Don't let them fool ya ~ they are probably 1 - 2 oz skeins. :lol:lol:lol

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +6 / YTD: +10

I busted a ball (+1) by doing a round (~9ft) on the second panel of the warming shelter blanket and made yo-yo's with the leftover:

post-19794-135897634886_thumb.jpg

Then I thought I would pad my score by finishing off five tiny balls (+5):

post-19794-135897634894_thumb.jpg

(I look forward to the return of natural light:photo)

Sure have enjoyed all the posts lately! Those of you in Florida: I be glad to send you some of our rain - We are WAY above average (thank you La Niña:2rain:help)

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +6/YTD: +10

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Then I thought I would pad my score by finishing off five tiny balls (+5):

Don't you just LOVE those tiny leftover balls that earn you points?!? Mine have been going toward my scrappy ripple ghan :)

Archived