2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

My silly husband asked me to make a blanket for a co-worker's baby that's due in March. :) So I had to go to Hobby Lobby and get some pretty green yarn. I bought some ILTY and I love HL!:)

:manyheart

:)

Hmmm I was just at Joann's earlier getting green and white for a baby afghan due in March LOL (although HL definitely has more yarn options than Joann's)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm I was just at Joann's earlier getting green and white for a baby afghan due in March LOL (although HL definitely has more yarn options than Joann's)

I've made a few blue ones for boys, and now I need a new color. The color is kind of a olive green. Just something different.

What other colors can be for boys?

managed to get through 2 skeins this week. Slow but steady.. Well, not so steady. Don't know how the next week will be. My grandmother passed away yesterday. The gal would have been 106 years old if she had of made it to her birthday in May. Long hard life, but, she was a wonderful lady.

WTD +4....YTD +31

I didn't get much done this week. I was fighting the flu and had three sick boys. I just didn't have the energy to do much crocheting. I did get all the little duck bodies done for my finger puppets. I just need to add the details and then I will be done with 100 finger puppets for Valentine's Day :clap

WTD +1/YTD +9

Well, I didn't accomplish much this week. Finished one project but didn't finish any skeins of yarn or even use enough to call it a ball. On the bright side, I avoided the stores all week so no new yarn either!

WTD = +0 YTD = +2

I've made a few blue ones for boys, and now I need a new color. The color is kind of a olive green. Just something different.

Perhaps some earth toned browns coupled with some baby yellows?

My situation is that the couple doesn't know the gender hehe so I'm going generic green and white.

Working on a boy's blankie now. The color name is Fresh Green. And the one I made for my grandson had a 3 color combo going on. Fern, Aqua and Mocha. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/crochetheaven/shell-selections

I need to buy another skein of black to finish the last square and border of the ghan I'm working on, but I'll still be in the positives. Will post later after I get some crocheting in (other than the remaining headache and slight cough, I think I've beaten the influenza)

Glad to hear you're feeling better :yes

managed to get through 2 skeins this week. Slow but steady.. Well, not so steady. Don't know how the next week will be. My grandmother passed away yesterday. The gal would have been 106 years old if she had of made it to her birthday in May. Long hard life, but, she was a wonderful lady.

WTD +4....YTD +31

Wow! 106!! Just think of all the new things she saw in her lifetime. Your family will be in my prayers :hug

I didn't get much done this week. I was fighting the flu and had three sick boys. I just didn't have the energy to do much crocheting. I did get all the little duck bodies done for my finger puppets. I just need to add the details and then I will be done with 100 finger puppets for Valentine's Day :clap

WTD +1/YTD +9

Hope you are all feeling better soon. :hug

Heeerrre we gooooo .....

GOLD MEDAL goes to..

MouseCLP +21

SILVER MEDAL is awarded to..

cris +20

BRONZE MEDAL recipient is..

pineknott +13

YARN-A-HOLICS who played with their yarn this week..:crocheting

Ellie 13 +2

dragonpuck +11

Wrennie +12

lhasaapsolady +10

yarn geek +4

braxxi +6

dilyca2006 +4

cshort +8

basjordan +2

saffronangel4 +1

MamaBear CRTE +1

PBLKNP +2

walker1021 +2

fc1123 +2

tracyleigh +12

yarn geek +4

Shell Lee +8

FrLopLady +4

No Gain, No Loss Yarnies....

kraftynkrazy 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

readstar 0

tralee 0

marzee 0

YARN-A-HOLICS who added to their stashes..

Shellb37 -2

CLLinda -5

Gshall -2

MelissaF -4

greyhoundgrandma -2

And our SHOOT THE MOON winner is....

Crafty Witch with a whopping -23!!!:yarn:yarn:yarn

and our players who are to busy crocheting to get to the computer.

Needle Arts

jura2908

YTD Totals for January, 2011

There's been a lot of stashbusting already this year. Enjoy the scores, ladies!

Gold Medal winner: Pineknott +71

Silver Medal winner: Tracyleigh +55

Bronze Medal winner: lhasaapsolady +49

Way to start the year! :cheer:manyheart:cheer:manyheart:cheer

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Getting the scores off to a positive:

Basjordan +42

PBLKNP +42

Shell Lee +42

dragonpuck +35

dilyca +31

Braxxi +20

cshort +16

Ellie 13 +15

MouseCLP +15

MelissaF +13

MamaBearCRTE +9

cris +8

gshall +8

Marzee +3

tralee +2

Kraftyncrazy +2

Walker1021 +2

fc1123 +1

Great start to the year!:cheer:clap:cheer

````````````````````````````````````````````

Holding Steady

Shellb37 0

Good Job!:cheer:):cheer

``````````````````````````````````````````

Those that have acquired yarn this month.:)

BigPinkPolkaDot -3

CLLinda -7

Saffronangel -9

FrLopLady -12

Craftywitch -42

Greyhoundgrandma -43

wrennie -51

Can we play in your yarn?:lol:lol:lol:cheer:clap:cheer

```````````````````````````````````````````````

And the "Shoot the Moon winner for the month of January is:

YarnGeek with a score of -122!:manyheart:cheer:manyheart:cheer:manyheart:cheer:manyheart:cheer

I hope I haven't missed anyone on the YTD scorekeeping. Lots of positives! What a nice way to start the year.

Archived