2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After three weeks visiting my mom, I'm finally home with a big fat zero in my score. Yep, I managed to not buy yarn at my mom's LYS. It helped that they were moving into a new location and didn't have everything set up yet. For Boston members, Newbury Yarns has moved.

WTD 0/YTD-70

Okay, Yarn Buddies, it's now the time you've been waiting for!

The Scores for Oct. 22, 2011:

Gold Winner! TCarra +15

Tie for Silver Medal! CLLinda +8 and lhasaapsolady +8

Tie for Bronze Medal! dragonpuck +6 and sahm2g1b +6

Crochet Fingers are Flying!

Ellie 13 +4

pineknott +4

cshort +3

cris +1

fc1123 +1

Steady does it!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Crafty Witch 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

sindrilla 0

Humming along with the yarn sirens!

Fiberfolly -2

FrLopLady -2

Kraftynkrazy -4

Mouse CLP -12

PBLKNP -16

Braxxi -40

TurtleLvr -43

walker 1021 -66

Dancing on the moon!

yarn geek -114

You guys rock! If I missed anyone or misspelled a name or got your score wrong, I'll fix it. Just let me know. Blessings!

Okay, Yarn Buddies, it's now the time you've been waiting for!

The Scores for Oct. 22, 2011:

Gold Winner! walker 1021 +66

Jana's should have been a -66. She got gifted a TON of fun fur. :)

:turtle:vheart

What did you forget Sue? Do you have more to claim on your score this week?????

Well, actually, I do have to pack my bags tonight because I am leaving on a jet plane tomorrow morning. So I will post my score now and then you all can either aim to go higher or make sure you fly just under it. :rofl Guess I'll have to wait til I return to see who tried to out do me and if anyone did. :D

WTD = 66

Is this a positive or a negative? I'm sorry if I messed up. I'll fix it when you tell me, Jana.

Great job on the scorekeeping! I'll be checking back later to see if there are any corrections.

:manyheart

Humming along with the yarn sirens!

Fiberfolly -2

FrLopLady -2

Kraftynkrazy -4

Mouse CLP -12

PBLKNP -16

Braxxi -40

TurtleLvr -43

Yes, the Yarn Sirens and "helpful" friends. I elaborated on this:

http://wildknitter.blogspot.com/2011/10/peer-pressurenot-just-for-teenagers.html

:lol

Just staying out of Hobby Lobby this week. The ILTY is on sale, $3.66 and then crochet cotton by Coats is $2.22. I just have to resist and stay out of HL this week.

:manyheart

So, I started a mile-a-minute and it needed a bag so instead of using any old bag I was inspired by the tote lovers on here and made up one for it. The tote used two big balls I had ( +2) and I've been movin along with the afghan (+3) woo hoo:) Now I think I'll make another tote....it was nice to have something useful made, quickly :)

I finished a skein and rolled one into a ball. Today was my monthly trip to take my son to the airport, so I went by JoAnn's to use my coupons. I only bought yarn for specific projects--two Christmas presents. Ended up with seven skeins, so I'm at -11.

Well, this morning I had to take my truck in to the dealership for servicing. It's only about a mile from JoAnne's. Yup... I'm at -3 for this week. Oh dear!

Well, this morning I had to take my truck in to the dealership for servicing. It's only about a mile from JoAnne's. Yup... I'm at -3 for this week. Oh dear!

BTW, with it a little cooler here I've been snuggling with my new blankie. :hug

BTW, with it a little cooler here I've been snuggling with my new blankie. :hug

I'll admit I was a bit worried :blush making yours with acrylic yarn because of where you live. That's one reason I looked for a special pretty "open" pattern. :) Clyde and I are glad you like it. :hug

P.S. Clyde's "new" thing now is digging at around 4:00 am. I'm a light sleeper so he wakes me up. :morcoffee ..... I foresee a lot of crochet time for making Christmas gifts and working down my stash if he keeps this up! ;)

Archived