2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

While I didn't end in the positive, I'm chugging my way through the yarn for the scarf and poncho slowly. Next week should be positive, homework and workload providing.... and that I don't give into the urge to buy more yarn!

*sigh* Had to come back and edit my score. I went to Joann's. The stores here are closing and consolidating into one big store - sooooo lots of great sales. Just got a 1 pounder of bernat cotton for 3.75 and a couple other awesome sales :)

WTD -7/YTD -75

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PLEASE NOTE: I will do my best to post early tomorrow, but one of the structures on my property caught on fire this afternoon. DH & I were able to get it under control before the FD showed up. But by the time I called 911 again to let them know, they were already here with EMS. Thankfully no one was hurt. Anyway, I will most likely have to work tomorrow morning, so it may be early afternoon before I can post, but I will do my best.

Wow, I'm just glad everyone is all right. Get back to us when you can, and if you need some help posting scores, don't be afraid to hollar!

PLEASE NOTE: I will do my best to post early tomorrow, but one of the structures on my property caught on fire this afternoon. DH & I were able to get it under control before the FD showed up. But by the time I called 911 again to let them know, they were already here with EMS. Thankfully no one was hurt. Anyway, I will most likely have to work tomorrow morning, so it may be early afternoon before I can post, but I will do my best.

Glad everyone is safe. Especially Clyde. :)

:turtle:vheart

Lots of progress this week....finished off a lot of balls of yarn:clap

Total yarn used this week....12 balls of yarn and one skein turned into a ball.

WTD = +13

YTD = -147

This week I have done 5 1/2 afghan sqares for a friend's mom, Bernice's Afghan; finished 2 charity squares, started a 3rd. I have completed 2 special washcloths, and must finish another by end of day tomorrow. Still working on scrapghan. And I started a sweater vest.

Busy crochet season as I complete current small presents, and start working on Christmas gifts.

I've finally made some progress this week in using up some of my stash! :crocheting This week, I've used 5 skeins & 3 balls of yarn, and I turned 3 skeins into balls! :cheer But, I had to buy 2 skeins of one of the colors I'm currently using because I didn't have enough to finish the afghan that I'm working on. So, my totals:

WTD = +14 / YTD = +14

If I'm lucky, I'll finish off another skein or two before I call it a night!

Should've posted this last week, but didn't get to the board on time. I have a use for black cotton yarn, if I can just remember why I wanted it, so I got a skein of that, and a skein of brown for a humorous amigurumi for my mom who go out of the hospital recently. I'm going out of town for the next three weeks to help her with recovery.

-4 WTD/-72 YTD .

I'm so sorry! Seriously, the totals should be the least of your concerns! Good luck!

:hug:manyheart

WEEKLY SCORES:

Using up their stash!...

GOLD :cheer Sahm2g1b +14

SILVER :cheer Shannart +13

BRONZE :cheer TCarra +12

Dragonpuck +9

CLLinda +7

Greyhoundgrandma +6

lhasaapsolady +6

Ellie 13 +4

TurtleLvr +3

FrLopLady +2

PBLKNP +2

Pineknott +2

Holding steady!…

MouseCLP 0

Walker1021 0

Building up their stash!...

yarngeek -2

Crafty Witch -4

cris -7

fc1123 -7

SHOOT THE MOON WINNER IS: Fiberfolly -10 :)

PLEASE forgive me if I overlooked someone’s posted score! (I *HOPE* I didn't.) Just let me know and I will correct. I also hoped to make this post nice and colorful but I just couldn't accomplish it!... Thank you all for your caring & understanding!

:hug

WEEKLY SCORES:

Using up their stash!...

Dragonpuck +9

CLLinda +7

Greyhoundgrandma +6

lhasaapsolady +6

Ellie 13 +4

TurtleLvr +3

FrLopLady +2

PBLKNP +2

Pineknott +2

Holding steady!…

MouseCLP 0

Walker1021 0

cris -1

yarngeek -2

Crafty Witch -4

fc1123 -7

Fiberfolly -10

PLEASE forgive me if I overlooked someone’s posted score! (I *HOPE* I didn't.) Just let me know and I will correct. I also hoped to make this post nice and colorful but I just couldn't accomplish it!... Thank you all for your caring & understanding!

Scores look great. Is Fiberfolly the "winner"of the "Shoot the Moon" award this week?

:manyheart

Year to Date Scores

9/24/11

Dragonpuck +288! Gold Medal Winner!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

lhasaapsolady +193! Silver Medal Winner!:clap:clap:clap

Pineknott +166! Bronze Medal Winner!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Using Up Yarn!

:cheer:crocheting:cheer

Honorable Mention: Ellie 13 +143!

MouseCLP +62

TCarra +54

fc 1123 +14

Sahm2g1b +14

Building a stash:

:cheer:clap:cheer

Cllinda -4

PBLKNP -13

Fiberfolly -37

craftywitch -72

cris -75

TurtleLvr -135

Shannart -147

Walker1021 -169

KraftynKrazy -266

FrLopLady -412

Greyhoundgrandma -554

And this month's winner for the biggest stashbuilding is:

Yarn Geek with a score of -856!

Scores look great. Is Fiberfolly the "winner"of the "Shoot the Moon" award this week?

Thank you for catching me on that! (Had to know I'd botch something up!) ;) I edited the post with the scoring. Thanks again for your help, CLLinda!:hug

WEEKLY SCORES:

Using up their stash!...

Dragonpuck +9

CLLinda +7

Greyhoundgrandma +6

lhasaapsolady +6

Ellie 13 +4

TurtleLvr +3

FrLopLady +2

PBLKNP +2

Pineknott +2

Holding steady!…

MouseCLP 0

Walker1021 0

cris -1

yarngeek -2

Crafty Witch -4

fc1123 -7

:eek:yay I can't believe that I won GOLD! :yay:c9:manyheart:yay And it's my first week back! I can't wait to see how everyone does this week! Thank you for the honor!

:eek:yay I can't believe that I won GOLD! :yay:c9:manyheart:yay And it's my first week back! I can't wait to see how everyone does this week! Thank you for the honor!

Yup! Awesome job, Steph!!! :cheer

WEEKLY SCORES:

cris -1

yarngeek -2

Crafty Witch -4

fc1123 -7

One tiny change - I came in with a -7 this week. I had originally posted a -1 but bought yarn on Saturday... oops :)

One tiny change - I came in with a -7 this week. I had originally posted a -1 but bought yarn on Saturday... oops :)

Corrected! ;) As you can see I had already grabbed your 1st score (at least I got that part right!)... Saturday was a bad day for me with the fire, so sorry I didn't catch your change.:hug

Archived