Am I the first Finn here?

AnneV

Hello everyone! Just came across this community - was looking for patterns for crocheted flowers and found so many interesting discussions I just had to join.

Originally I'm from Finland, currently living in Belgium, used to live in the tiny Luxembourg, and travel quite a lot across Europe. Knitting is my main hobby, but crocheting takes over every now and then, especially when I'm looking for a small, portable project. I also get all sorts of crazy ideas and combine different techniques. As you may have guessed by now, there's quite a stash hiding in the cupboards, under the bed, in the living room... you name it. The stash is by no means getting smaller thanks to the crazy weekend shopping trips over the border to the Netherlands, Germany or France. I'm always on the lookout for new yarns and shops - and of course new friends who share the same interest. :)

Should you be interested to see and read more, please visit my blog. Heavy knitting content, but if you look carefully, some crocheted items are lurking somewhere. Besides, this latest project - a mohair/silk shawl with crocheted flowers - is coming along rather nicely. Photos should follow soon.

http://www.nsk-knitting.blogspot.com

Greetings from Alberta, Canada!!!! :welcome to Crochetville, AnneV! We are so glad to have you join us! In fact, we have one of our members living in Belgium right now...it would be so cool if you two actually met up!!!! Anyway....we are one big happy crocheting family here and are happy to have a new member!! :ghug

Oh my! :manyheart

So many nice welcoming messages - thank you all! It's really great to see that there are members from all around the world and how they gather to welcome a newbie.

Yep, I spotted Kimberly's messages somewhere, she seems to live in Brussels as well. There are local meetings over here, and although people mainly concentrate on knitting projects, I have seen some crocheted items being created in the course of the evening. I'll bring you an update if/when we find time for a meeting in our busy schedules. Byee!

Bonjour Anne!! Welcome to Crochetville!! Wow! Another person living in Brussels joining Crochetville...i'm so excited! I saw your comment on my blog - thanks for stopping by! We really should get together at some point....crocheting is my main focus but I am occasionally spotted with some needles in my hand :)

I've been on a trip away for the long weekend- sorry about the belated welcome!! Glad to have you join us!! :hug

Archived