My craft room

I've been in a "mood" lately over some things so the last 2 days I've buried myself in my craft room. Reorganizing and adding the new wire storage shelves (well, dh did them). I got a new embroidery/sewing machine so I needed to move my sewing table out where I could use it to actually sew.

This is my storage area.

post-28075-135897566496_thumb.jpg

Mostly this is of my tortoise pen.

post-28075-1358975665_thumb.jpg

Sewing table area.

post-28075-135897566504_thumb.jpg

Bag wall!

post-28075-135897566507_thumb.jpg

My closet.

post-28075-135897566509_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so jelious... but i think my fav part is the Tortie pen ;)

I'll get hubby to bring me to visit and I'll play with the turtles so you can crochet n sew ok? lol OH no waite.. We were gonna go out on the big boat with ya hehehe. :)

so jelious... but i think my fav part is the Tortie pen ;)

I'll get hubby to bring me to visit and I'll play with the turtles so you can crochet n sew ok? lol OH no waite.. We were gonna go out on the big boat with ya hehehe. :)

DH will just have to send you to me for a week! :lol

Funny thing is one of the cats was in there "helping" me and I didn't realize he was still in there. I hear this sneeze coming from the tort pen and thought "what the?" I looked in and Monty gave me a "are you seriously thinking that was me" look! The cat was under the pen. :lol

DH will just have to send you to me for a week! :lol

Funny thing is one of the cats was in there "helping" me and I didn't realize he was still in there. I hear this sneeze coming from the tort pen and thought "what the?" I looked in and Monty gave me a "are you seriously thinking that was me" look! The cat was under the pen. :lol

:lol a sneezing turtle eh? lol. that would be funny.

Very cool room. I could just come and play for a while in this room? Can anyone say PLAY DATE???????:rofl

As long as you bring that turtle with you! :rofl

Great craft room. Mine won't be as elaborate, because hubby would never put up shelves or stack bins, so I will have to be content with my plastic bins being stacked on top of each other. At least the yarn is colorized...I got that far :lol We are planning on painting that room anyway, so having it be a "perfect" craft room, will have to wait a bit longer :sigh .

:drool:drool:drool I want a craft room so bad! My fiance promised me though that when we move to NC next year once we can get ourselves a house I get a craft room. So it's a ways down the road in my future but at least it's there :P lol.

I'm thinkin of as soon as i get some money I'm going to buy a lil paint and paint the inside of my craft closet (bedroom closet). proly a blue but rite now i'm re organizeing it.. I been collecting big plasitc milk crates to sort my yarn. (act as shelfs) and once im done Re-oragnizing I"ll paint!!! :). then I can go hide in my closet

Sue ~ I love your room and most especially the turtle pen, as I recall don't you also have an outside one too???

I am getting ideas too - you see I am pretty much at the cusp of the empty nest thing - and in a year or two dd's room will be emptied of all furniture - there really isn't much left in it - then I can repaint it from the "screaming yellow zonkers" paint color it is - back to off white.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

But the irony of it all is when I finally get my yarn/sewing room - there is a possibility we may relocate - but I will just make sure the stuff in there is real "portable" and easy to take with me - like the storage shelves and drawers.

I like your wirebox shelving and your cube drawer units much better than the plastic kind - where did you pick them up?

Sneezing turtle - that's cute and the look he must have given you sound priceless!;)

Thanks! I love it!

Great craft room. Mine won't be as elaborate, because hubby would never put up shelves or stack bins, so I will have to be content with my plastic bins being stacked on top of each other. At least the yarn is colorized...I got that far :lol We are planning on painting that room anyway, so having it be a "perfect" craft room, will have to wait a bit longer :sigh .

Those wire racks can be put on the floor too. DH just put them on the wall so I had some extra floor space. :)

Sue ~ I love your room and most especially the turtle pen, as I recall don't you also have an outside one too???

I am getting ideas too - you see I am pretty much at the cusp of the empty nest thing - and in a year or two dd's room will be emptied of all furniture - there really isn't much left in it - then I can repaint it from the "screaming yellow zonkers" paint color it is - back to off white.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

But the irony of it all is when I finally get my yarn/sewing room - there is a possibility we may relocate - but I will just make sure the stuff in there is real "portable" and easy to take with me - like the storage shelves and drawers.

I like your wirebox shelving and your cube drawer units much better than the plastic kind - where did you pick them up?

Sneezing turtle - that's cute and the look he must have given you sound priceless!;)

Dh is still working on the outside one. Just needs a few more tweeks and it will be ready to go. :cheer

We got the wire racks at Target (on sale for $14.99 each and I have 3 up there). Really easy to put together. They go on sale all the time.

WOW SUE! Great room!

P.S. Of all the things I managed to notice in your photos, I see a Kasey Kahne hat...are you/your dh fans?!?

I love how you have your yarn and then the bins underneath. I just throw my fabric and yarn into various rubbermaid style bins. I like your way better. I never know what colors I have of anything ugh! I'll save this open so he can see it later, that'd make my crafty area much nicer.

We call it the craft room but it also has a bed and the extra blue chair in it, since we got an exercise bike.. the chair had to move somewhere else .. and that's where it went hehe! So I need shelves since the floor is occupied haha

Wow!!! I'm jealous of your organization. :P I have to work on cleaning and organizing my craft room this weekend. I had some stuff stored in the spare room but had to move everything to my craft room when my cousin moved in. Fall semester at the community college starts soon and we're going to need the space for studying and doing art work.

Archived