my first Aggie May RR blanket (for baby)

mandymae

I typically post all my crochet project pictures on facebook, but the mommy I mad this blanket for is friends with me on FB and her baby shower isn't until August, so I have to do my show and tell on here. :)

I used 5 skeins of Lion Brand Cupcake yarn that I bought at JoAnn on clearance. The blanket was made for a baby boy using the colors Pistachio and Lemon Drop. It measures about 3 feet across.

post-35506-135897543933_thumb.jpg

So cute! Love the color combination.

So, are you addicted to AggieMay's RR pattern yet? I love it because it is a great "take in the car" pattern, and they always seem to turn out.

So cute! Love the color combination.

So, are you addicted to AggieMay's RR pattern yet? I love it because it is a great "take in the car" pattern, and they always seem to turn out.

Oh my goodness, I am SO hooked on her pattern! It looks so great, and it was really quick!

Very pretty blanket!! It may be your "first" Aggie May RR, BUT it won't be your last!! :lol :lol :lol I think I've already made 15 using Aggie May's RR pattern!! The funny thing about these RR's is.....I make them to fit the adult(from head to toe)........so those last few rows take................FOREVER!! :eek :eek

You did such nice work on your first RR.... And yes, like the rest of us, we're hooked!! LOL! I've made at least 15 of them in the last year.... gave them all as gifts! So thank you Aggie May for sharing this great pattern.... Your's is the second item I've seen out of "cupcake" yarn, (I love your colors)... I've never heard of it before... Guess I'll have to check it out.... GBU!:):)

Very pretty blanket!! It may be your "first" Aggie May RR, BUT it won't be your last!! :lol :lol :lol I think I've already made 15 using Aggie May's RR pattern!! The funny thing about these RR's is.....I make them to fit the adult(from head to toe)........so those last few rows take................FOREVER!! :eek :eek

:DHahahaha!! I agree! Takes forever to get around those last ones!:yes..Most of mine are around 72".. My friend did her first one and hers was 76".. My SIL made one and get this, hers was 86"... SIL said it was her first and last one! GBU!:manyheart

You did such nice work on your first RR.... And yes, like the rest of us, we're hooked!! LOL! I've made at least 15 of them in the last year.... gave them all as gifts! So thank you Aggie May for sharing this great pattern.... Your's is the second item I've seen out of "cupcake" yarn, (I love your colors)... I've never heard of it before... Guess I'll have to check it out.... GBU!:):)

I bought the Cupcake yarn on clearance at JoAnn and basically had no idea what to do with it. It is probably comparable to LB Homespun, but not quite as fluffy.

Thanks to everyone for their very kind compliments! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I think my boss and her baby will enjoy it very much!

• 1 month later...

I agree! I'm making an adult one now. I've lost track of how many times I've used Aggie May's pattern for afghans and baby blankets.

Archived