Fendi Bag

Mom w/a Motif

I finished this bag this morning. It only took me 4 years, and 5 months (to the day-how weird is that?) to finish it, but... :blush:hook It's done!! :clap I actually had the purse itself done in three days. It just took me another 4 years and 5 months to put in the lining, and sew on the handle. The original pattern I used is no longer available. But... someone has made up another one that is very similar. :hookThat Ruffled Pink Thing :woo

post-20-135897538248_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897538251_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897538253_thumb.jpg

lol I'm in awe of all the time you put into your purse! I like the unique style and your color choice and complementary lining turned out beautifully - Thanks for sharing!

:lol Thanks, Jeanne. :manyheart It wouldn't have taken me that long if I would have just worked on it. (Can you see how much I dislike sewing/trying to put a lining in?... :blush)

lol I'm in awe of all the time you put into your purse!

:lol that is so cute and I love the lining. Isn't it funny how something like that can be so close to completion and it is hard to make yourself do it? I have an afghan downstairs that probably needs 2 rows on it but it has been sitting there for quite a long time! you are not alone. so glad you finished it...looks great!!:cheer

You have WWWAAYYYYY more patience than I do. I would have never got the liner in. I made one bag with a liner and promised myself that I'd never do it again. I even dread putting zippers in, but I will take on that challenge from time to time. Nice job with your color choice of fabric!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I actually have the original pattern from years ago when it first came out in the crochetalong, and I am now finally working on it. Almost done, only started Sunday evening and with church every night, haven't worked on it every day. All I have to do yet is the flap and the ruffle. My question is, though, how do you put a liner in a purse? Maybe a dumb question, but this is the first purse I have ever made and the directions didn't call for one, but would love to put one in there. I am making my purse almost the same color as the original purse! I am excited to finish it!

I don't have any real simple way to explain how I do it. With this purse, I kind of just eyeballed and cut my fabric about a half inch wider/ and an inch longer than the purse. Sewed up the side seams, folded down the top seam (I like to iron it flat), then put the liner in and sew the top edge by hand.

I actually have the original pattern from years ago when it first came out in the crochetalong, and I am now finally working on it. Almost done, only started Sunday evening and with church every night, haven't worked on it every day. All I have to do yet is the flap and the ruffle. My question is, though, how do you put a liner in a purse? Maybe a dumb question, but this is the first purse I have ever made and the directions didn't call for one, but would love to put one in there. I am making my purse almost the same color as the original purse! I am excited to finish it!

• 5 months later...

I finally got mine done, not only once but twice! I am currently working on my third one. I haven't put a handle on mine, and someone wanted to use hers as a clutch purse. I think mine I am going to use it for to carry my Bible in it. One lady wants me to make her's big enough to carry her laptop in it. I altered the pattern just a bit to make my ruffle more ruffly! I hope you like them

post-2747-135897641719_thumb.jpg

post-2747-135897641731_thumb.jpg

Archived