vhanna26

Beaded Jute Basket **New Basket Added**

I made another basket this morning...

jute4.jpg

This time I used glass beads of different colors and shapes, but around the same size

The basket works up really quickly. I even bought more jute and beads to make a couple more for gits. I'll use the first two I made as pot covers for plants.

Here's my version of the Beaded Jute Basket in the lastest issue of Crochet Me.

jute1.jpg

I couldn't find any 2 ply jute that the pattern called for, so I used 3 ply, and I added a couple of extra rows, so it's bigger.

I had never worked with jute before, so the first rows or so were hard on my hands, but it got easier later on.

Thanks, Donna, for a nice pattern:hook . It's fast, easy, and cute.

Great job, I love how it turned out! When I first discovered it, I ran to the mall to buy some jute, got distracted by yarn and came home without the jute. :shrug I guess that means another trip to the mall! :devil

I thought it would be nice to slip a plant in as another use. :idea

Wow, you did a great job.. but is that really Jute ? would never have thought to work with it. I'm sure your hands were sore for a bit.

Wow, you did a great job.. but is that really Jute ? would never have thought to work with it. I'm sure your hands were sore for a bit.

It was just a little hard in the early rounds, but once I adjusted my tension a bit, not a problem.

OMG!!! That is beautiful. I saw a picture of your basket a while back somewhere and thought I might be able to do that by winging it cuz I couldn't find your pattern. LOL! It looked like anything but a basket so now I am so excited to try it again.(with pattern of course.)

Also, I love the beads. I did use your bead idea on a basket here for someone elses pattern and posted it, but didn't remember where I got the idea from, so now I can give proper thanks to you. I appreciate other people's creativity. :ty