Black Bottom Bag Sets - Added pattern! - added another set

Braxxi

All of them turned out very nice, but I like the ones that have the black bottoms and tops. If you keep up at this pace, every little girl in your area will be sporting one of these sets :)

Bob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black Bottom Bag Set

Size 4 yarn in black and color & G hook

1” wooden bead & 1/2” wooden bead

Black Bottom Bag

Bottom (black yarn):

R1 – Ch12, dc in 4th ch from hk and next 7, 7dc in last ch, dc in next 7 along opposite side of ch, 5dc in last, sl st to join (28dc)

R2 – Ch2 (1st dc), *dc in 10, 3dc in each of next 3**, dc in next, repeat * to **, join with sl st

R3 – Ch2 (1st dc), *dc in 10, 2dc in next, dc in next, (2dc in next 2, dc in next) 2x, 2 dc in next**, dc in next, repeat * to **, join with sl st

R4 – Ch2 (1st dc), *dc in 12, (2dc in next, dc in next) 6x**, dc in 2, repeat * to **, dc in next, join with sl st

R5 – Ch2 (1st dc), *dc in 11, (2dc in next, dc in next 3) 2x, dc in 3, (dc in 3, 2dc in next) 2x**, dc in 2, repeat * to **, dc in next, join (72dc)

R6 – sc in BLO of each dc, sl st to join (chg color)

Body (colored yarn):

R7 – (sc in next, sk2, 5dc in next, sk2) @, sl st in 1st sc

R8 – Ch2, 3dc in same, (sk2, sc in top dc, sk2, 5dc in sc) @ sk2, dc in same as beg ch2, sl st to join

R9 – sc in next dc, (5dc in next sc, sk2, sc in top dc, sk2) @, sl st in 1st sc

Repeat R8 & R9 three more times (total of 9 shell rounds)

R16-17 – using black, sc in each @

R18-33 – using color, sc in each @, sl st to next on last round

R34 – Ch3, sk1, (dc in next, ch1, sk1) @, sl st to 2nd ch of beg ch3

R35 – sc in each sp and sc @

R36 – sc in each @, join with sl st

R37 – (sk2, 5dc in next, sk2, sc in next) @ sl st in same as beg, fo.

Drawstring (black):

Ch101, sc in 2nd ch from hk and each across, fo.

Weave through R34 of bag, pull ends through hole of 1” wooden bead, tie knots in each end of string.

Strap (black):

Row1 - Ch 101, sc in back bump of 2nd ch and across to end, ch1, turn

Row2 – sc in each across, ch1, turn

Repeat to desired thickness (6 rows is good)

Sew ends to inside of sides of bag.

Change Pouch

R1 – using black, ch2, 6sc in 2nd ch from hk

R2 – 2sc in each @ (12sc)

R3 – (2sc in next, sc in 1) @ (18sc)

R4 – (2sc in next, sc in 2) @ (24sc)

R5 – (2sc in next, sc in 3) @ (30sc)

R6 – (2sc in next, sc in 4) @ (36sc) - chg to colored yarn

R7-18 – sc in each @, sl st in next on last round

R19 – ch2, (sk1, sc in next) @

R20 – sc in each sp and sc @, join with sl st

R21 – ch2, 3dc in same, (sk2, sc in next, sk2, 5dc in next, sk2) @ ending with dc in same as beg ch2, join with sl st, fo.

Drawstring – using black yarn, ch 50, fo. Cut tails to 1” long. Weave through R19 of bag. Pull ends through hole of 1/2" wooden bead, Tie knots at each end of string.

Hat

R1 – using color yarn, ch3, 11dc in 3rd ch from hk, sl st

R2 – Ch2, 2dc in each @, dc in same as beg ch2, sl st

R3 – Ch2, (2dc in next, dc in next) @ ending with 2dc in last, sl st

R4 – Ch2, (2dc in next, dc in 2) @ ending with dc in last, sl st

R5 – Ch2, (sk1, 2dc-ch1-2dc in next, sk1, dc in next) @ ending with 2dc-ch1-2dc in second to last dc, sl st to top of beg ch2

R6-8 – Ch2, (2dc-ch1-2dc in each ch1-sp, dc in each dc) @, sl st to top of beg ch2, chg to black yarn

R9 – Ch3, dc in same (beg Vst), (2dc-ch1-2dc in each ch1-sp, dc-ch1-dc (Vst) in each single dc) @ sl st in beg Vst

R10-13 – Ch3, dc in same (beg Vst), (2dc-ch1-2dc in each ch1-sp, dc-ch1-dc (Vst) in each Vst) @, sl st to in beg Vst -- fo at end of R13.

Thank you so much for the pattern Braxxi! There are two bags I want to make like right now. LOL One is the Attic24 Bag and the other is yours. I love both but I think I have to go with yours, the entire set is just too cute to pass up! Hmmm...quick trip to Hobby Lobby today to look for some cute wooden beads and I'm all set.

All the girls that got these went to the zoo together today (along with 3 moms and an older sister...lol). I had a feeling the girl I made the very first set for would want one with the black bottom once she was around the other girls...sure enough, she asked if I could remake hers or make a new one for her. :lol I told her she could look through my yarn tomorrow and see if there is a skein she likes, otherwise I'll take her to Hobby Lobby when I take them home tomorrow and let her pick a skein. :hook

I added a picture of the new set for my friends' daughter in post #1.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived