Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Sure you may!:yes

So far I have 6 minutes in crochet time!:cheer:P I'm actually gonna divide the time it takes to do each chore in half, that will force me to do more hopefully!:lol LOL

:hi, C4J!!!!

you are funny! I hope you get to cash in on those 6 minutes:devil

WTG on having fun with your chores! That was how this whole group began!

:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ooooh, Colleen! that quilt is lovely:c9... must keep DD nice and toasty!

I :heehee about your only asking for a favorite dish for Christmas. One of my sister's gifts every year is a Tourtierre Pie (or 3!) ... apparently, I am the only one left who makes them in our family:think

Sarah - :lol sounds like you have the right attitude for the pottying biz. I must say that that is probably the one thing I do not miss...

lol I don't think any parent misses potty training once they are done...

ok all that's left in the kitchen is to clean the table once Keith finishes eating and sweep (mopping done at night just before going to bed so no one slips and falls) then have to fold clothes, once fiance get's home he gets confined to the bedroom until dinner so he can clean up the mess he made in there getting ready for his family to come over for Christmas (basically every bit of clutter, paper, books, etc that was in the living room and kitchen... ended up in boxes, bags or just thrown on the floor in our bedroom)

ooooh, Colleen! that quilt is lovely:c9... must keep DD nice and toasty!

I :heehee about your only asking for a favorite dish for Christmas. One of my sister's gifts every year is a Tourtierre Pie (or 3!) ... apparently, I am the only one left who makes them in our family:think

Sarah - :lol sounds like you have the right attitude for the pottying biz. I must say that that is probably the one thing I do not miss...

I love tortierre! Now THAT is a good gift. My mom makes that for Christmas Eve. That is a Canadian dish if there is one :yes She serves it with Chili Sauce, which I think is a good Canadian farmer's garnish. Have you heard of it? We went through this thing this year where we agreed that the adults did not need gifts. My MIL pushed for it. We agreed we could get each other something thoughtful (in my mind this meant a box of chocolates or a crocheted dishcloth or a dish of cabbage rolls :lol). And then MIL kept asking me what I wanted for Christmas. :bang Personally I think a hard-to-make dish that can be brought out of the freezer for an easy supper is a FANTASTIC Christmas gift. I'm enjoying mine today! :D:think Maybe I'll ask mom for Tortierre next Christmas. :rofl

I love tortierre! Now THAT is a good gift. My mom makes that for Christmas Eve. That is a Canadian dish if there is one :yes She serves it with Chili Sauce, which I think is a good Canadian farmer's garnish. Have you heard of it? We went through this thing this year where we agreed that the adults did not need gifts. My MIL pushed for it. We agreed we could get each other something thoughtful (in my mind this meant a box of chocolates or a crocheted dishcloth or a dish of cabbage rolls :lol). And then MIL kept asking me what I wanted for Christmas. :bang Personally I think a hard-to-make dish that can be brought out of the freezer for an easy supper is a FANTASTIC Christmas gift. I'm enjoying mine today! :D:think Maybe I'll ask mom for Tortierre next Christmas. :rofl

We always had ours on Christmas Eve, too! We didn't have it with the chili sauce, though... I think it was a good Christmas Eve dish because the moms didn't have to mess the kitchen all up on that day making dinner, and because it fills you up so much, what kid would be able to stay awake?:lol Then, we got to have it again on Christmas night when we went to my godmother's house. Funny... the rest of the year it was never served.:shrug

...btw my MIL is the "gifty" one, too. My family has always been happy with a fave dish and a :crocheting something or other! They are always a little sad if it's not what they get! My sister always asks for 2 pies: 1 for her freezer, and 1 for the day we get together:clap I hope she never stops asking, because nobody in my house will eat tourtierre:(

Now I need to go ask my mom for her cabbage roll recipe.... does your MIL use ground beef in hers? I seem to remember ground beef, rice, onions, and the juice was tomato based:think

I wonder if anyone here would eat it?

LeaAnne - We only ate tortiere on Christmas Eve too. Isn't that funny? I think you are right about the reason...easy, freed mom up to get cooking for the next day, a good square meal at a time when treats rule. Great memories. As for the cabbage rolls, yes ground beef, onions, rice. My MIL just uses tomato juice from the can :shrug I suspect you could use plain tomato sauce too. She gave them to me without juice, so I just went to the store and bought a can and added it. I tried making them from scratch once and found it a big job. She told me to soak the cabbage in hot water first to get the leaves to come off easily. My DD will eat the filling part up. I just peel away the cabbage. Hopefully yours will too! I'll look and see if I have my MIL's recipe for you (she's Polish ;)) :think

:hi friends!

Volunteering at Pizza day was fun. They are so cute! I've got most of the tidying done, on the 2nd load of laundry, changed DD's bed, and now I have to bake that cake. I will not be bleaching my bathroom today. Maybe a quick windex of the mirror but that will be all. I'm sure your toilets will love you all today.

I don't know if I'll get any crochet time in this afternoon as the clock is ticking away. However, I did read a bit of a magazine I bought yesterday while I ate my lunch. :c9

OK, here is a pic of the quilt my mom made for DD.

[ATTACH]15031[/ATTACH]

Thank you all for the b-day wishes for DH. I'll pass them along when he comes home from work.

Stacy - Sure, c'mon over for cabbage rolls. Here's the story. I don't make cabbage rolls, but my MIL does. They are one of DH's favourites. For Christmas I asked MIL for a pan (or three) of cabbage rolls to put in my freezer. That's ALL I want, I said. She got me a gift and no cabbage rolls :rolleyes(until I reminded her:devil). Last week she showed up with one container of cabbage rolls. So, I just have add juice and cook.

The quilt is so pretty! :manyheart Your mom is very talented. :yes Your MIL sounds like mine- she would do the same exact thing. I told her one year that all I wanted was for her to teach me a couple of her recipes (mainly enchilada sauce and sopapillas)- absolutely nothing else, no gifts, etc. Just teach me. Yet every time we were supposed to set a date, she was always too busy, the food took too much time, etc. Needless to say...I haven't learned a thing. :(

Sure you may!:yes

So far I have 6 minutes in crochet time!:cheer:P I'm actually gonna divide the time it takes to do each chore in half, that will force me to do more hopefully!:lol LOL

Welcome to our group! Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. :tup

Leanne- I can't believe you will be so close, yet soooo far away! :( Vegas is only about a 4-hour drive from here. Have a fabulous time. Congrats to dh on getting his pay back, also. Does this mean you don't have to look for a job now?

All this talk of cabbage rolls, makes me want to cook some! :lol They are such a big job, though- not hard, it just takes a long time. Actually, pierogi sounds even better than that! :drool Thank goodness payday (and grocery shopping!) is only 2 days away! :clap:lol

Well my car made it Mia's school and back. And that's about all I can say! LoL I had a bag of yarn all packed up so I could work on it while she was in class (didn't want to drive home and back again.) Then dh called to say he was on his way to volunteer. :yay So I ran to Target for a couple things, then came home. There are 2 loads of laundry on my bed, waiting to be folded. After that is done, I am going to work on the flannelghan and try to finish up the last 2 strips. I think it was Colleen who asked- the one I messed up on only has to be frogged back 1 block. :whew So that should be a quick fix.

:hiBesties!!!! Not a whole lot going on here. Yesterday I did general pick up, loaded/ran/unloaded dishwasher, cleaned out the refrigerator and then DF and I went grocery shopping when he got home from work. I even made it back in time to watch American Idol:yay:cheer:c9 and :crocheting. Today I am doing a few loads of :wash, general pick up and :crocheting, listening to an audio:book and playing on :compute. We still have :2snowthat is beginning to melt. We are having a :hotwave this week. We are actually in the high 40's and will hit 50 a couple of days this week. I think we are just being taunted and teased for the next big :snow that I am sure we will get :lol.

So sorry to hear about your car Stacy, but :yay and :cloveron purchasing your New to You car. :irk on DH's deal with his pay compensation. It seems we get nailed every turn we make but at least he qualifies for something on getting the cut in pay back.

:yayJoanne on the "Apple Pie Hats" and getting a few done for Boxing Day. I have been in a slump (maybe a little home sick for TN :shrug) and haven't felt like myself so I have spent a lot of time :crocheting hats and other misc items. Hope you get your hat done and have a great time visiting DD.

:cheerBeth, TFS your pics of your beautiful FO's and yarn!!! I :manyheart the steering wheel cover. Glad you finally slept thru the night last night. I haven't been sleeping well myself, so I know exactly how you are feeling. Last night, I kept dreaming about snakes which is my biggest fear and the night before I was dreaming about puppies and they all looked just like Saturn (my black furbaby). :think I know, I am STRANGE :lol.

:wavingShannon. Sorry to hear that your puter is down. It isn't fun, especially when you have a fun place to get lost in like here. Glad to hear everything is ok with your dad :c9!!!!! Your poor DH working those crazy hours. Hope his schedule gets back to normal soon, if there is such a thing as normal. I having been staying logged in to the Ville 24/7 and I was around off/on last night but I kept missing you too. Drats!!!!

:h5Nice bowling scores Vicki!!!! I have been thru periods where I have lost all momentum to :crocheting. It will come back to you. I think sometimes, although we love to crochet, we just need a break from it. GL figuring out and getting those baby items done.

:droolColleen. Cabbage Rolls and cake sound delish. Tell DH :birthday and I hope that he is a fantastic day!!!! I feel so rotten because I have been :lurk around your Christmas Carol CAL and haven't joined because I just don't know what I (:loser) want to make . I just am not feeling myself lately but when I have that aha :idea moment, I will join in. I even feel guilty because I have been lurking here, making a quick post and not posting to everyone individually. One of these days I will be my old self again. I lover the quilt on DD's bed. I have always said I would like to quilt but I don't like sewing. Now go figure that one out. I am trying to think what I have made with scraps of sport/baby yarn. Hats, ornaments, or squares. I am making a poncho right now with sport weight yarn. GL getting them used up.

:hyperLeaAnne, sounds like a fun trip and hope you have tons of fun. I don't know what Tortierre Pie is, can you please explain? How's everything else going with the job etc?

:2eekSarah. I remember the days of potty training and don't miss that a bit. I had the same problem with my oldest. He did great with the #1 but refused to do #2 in the potty. Took a while but finally got him completely trained. Then we had the issues of wetting the bed at night. We thought it was a health issue, and after Dr visits it just boiled down to not wanting to get up at night :ohdear. I had the biting issues with my youngest :lol. WTG getting your organizing done today. TFS the pics of your projects. Everything looks great!!!!!!

:hug Mary!!!! How is everything going for you? I bet you are :crocheting up a storm. I am trying to but I know I am not getting as much accomplished as you are :rofl.

:welcomeC4J!!!! Nice to have you join us and hope you have as much fun sharing your days with us, as we do. This is a fantastic group of ladies and sometimes I don't know what I would do without them here to support me or give me that swift :kick or :firelighting under the ole badorkas to get me going.

Well besties, I hope you all have a great day. It is now time for Josh to come home from school and I need to throw another load in to wash and figure out what we are having for supper. Something quick and simple I hope. :hug and :manyheart to you all.

Here is a pic of the Half RR Rug I made last night while watcing AI. This is made with the Aunt Lydia's rug yarn I bought for 50 cents a skein at the Salvation Army. It is about 3 ft wide and 19-20" tall.

post-18481-135897495852_thumb.jpg

C4J!!!! Nice to have you join us and hope you have as much fun sharing your days with us, as we do. This is a fantastic group of ladies and sometimes I don't know what I would do without them here to support me or give me that swift or lighting under the ole badorkas to get me going.

Thanks Scooby! :D I can't believe the weather you are having!!:eek:eek

It's below zero here in OH!:2snow:wbrr:wlol

Does any one else here like to sew? I just got a really cute alphabet pillow pattern from a family that is moving out of state. It looks like the Simplicity one.:):sew

I've got a bad cough right now.:(:sick Prayers would be nice.:)

BTW: nice rug ScoobyDoo!

:hi Besties! I've missed so much today!

Welcome C4J!! You're going to love it here!

I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to show you all my pillowcase!

post-27476-135897495902_thumb.jpg

post-27476-135897495906_thumb.jpg

Colleen- :birthday to your DH!! Dinner and dessert sound wonderful!

Everyone else, have an awesome day! Love you guys!:manyheart

Oh, I may be back tonight. Just so you know.

Hi everyone and welcome CFJ! I checked out your blog- and it says you are a student? Where do you go to school?

I don't have time to post to everyone right now- but thinking of all of you...

LeaAnne- I'll have to see what the plans are - I still have your phone#- will you have access to a car? I'll be in touch!

Colleen- Happy Birthday to Mr. Colleen! Enjoy the cabbage rolls and the cake!

Gotta go start dinner and then I want to crochet the hat for me. I'll try and be back later.

Here's a pic of the "Boston Bruins" scarf and the hat I made to go with it.

post-27163-135897495909_thumb.jpg

Shannon, your pillow is perfect! I :manyheart it! The white against that dark background really pops.

Joanne, love the scarf and hat combo. They look so warm and comfy.

Colleen, the quilt is gorgeous. What a wonderful gift. How special, something homemade like that.

C4J, are you in Ohio? I'm from the Canton area, but live in SE Virginia where they shut down schools for a dusting of snow!:think I hope you feel better soon!!!

Scooby, I'm loving the rug. It's such fun colors. I'm partial to the rr shape any way.

LeaAnne, your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I love the price! Can't beat that. I hope you have a fantastic time.

Stacy, so glad you made it home safely. Car trouble is so depressing. By the way, my bathrooms say "Thank you!" Your post motivated me to get busy with my cleaning, and it was much needed.

Sarah, Sounds like you've had a busy, productive day. Does Keith nap well, most of the time?

Vicki, I hope you are having a good Tae Kwon Do day.

Mary, I hope you are staying warm, and not catching your :hook on fire!

Tena, I hope you are getting a bit of a break.

Hugs to all. :hug

Archived