Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Sarah. How are you feeling? How is Keith today?

Hey Sarah, how is your ripple coming along. I think you were using Light and Lofty, right?

Doing a little better. Keith is a typical 3 year old lol, cranky when he doesn't get his way (which means he was cranky cause his cartoons were over, cranky cause he needed to take a nap and cranky cause he had to go to bed before mommy and daddy :lol )

LOL I got distracted by pretty yarn and haven't been working on it lately, I'll go back to it when I finish the squares I'm working on (or run out of homespun and need to wait til hobby lobby has the 40% off coupon again to get more) The yarn I'm using right now has been driving me nuts since I bought it trying to find a use for it.

Good morning everyone!

Colleen- I love your scarf! WTG on finishing it so quickly!

Mary- You put me to shame finishing a flannelghan in one day- no wonder your hands are sore!:lol Can't wait to see the finished picture! The colors sound great together. Your hook must have been on fire!!!

LeaAnne- no worries about the bestie square! Whenever you get to mailing is fine. I don't want you freezing just to get them to the post office! Sorry to hear you had a stressful day and hope that today is a better one:hug. So you are going to the Super Bowl? Good luck on getting the bathroom done between now and then! Will MIL care that much? (I'm guessing yes:lol)

Vicki- Congrats on the new baby coming today! Did you get to :crocheting last night?

Stacy- What is up with the "terror"? Hardly seems like a punishment when she then gets to snuggle with her mom and watch a movie! I give you kudos for being able to put up with it. How was your time at school? Any word on your car part?

Beth- You sure had an early morning yesterday-did you get to take a nap?

Scooby- Hope your drama is lessening and that things are going well out in snowy Nebraska

Shannon-Thinking of you and praying for good results on Big Bob's biopsy. How's that pillow coming along?

Sarah- Glad to hear that your voice is coming back and that you got some :crocheting time in around running around after Keith. Have you gone to HL yet to apply for the job?

Judi, Frogger, Victoria, Jennifer and anyone else I may have forgotten- thinking about you and hoping all is well.

DH got a call from the VP who is now back from vacation. He is going on Thursday so we'll know then. I am guessing they will offer the job- the big ?- will the salary be what he wants? We'll know on Thursday.

I started a hat last night for DD- using black wool-ease thick and quick. This will go with the Bruins scarf! I'm using the pattern from Lion Brand- the Apple Pie hat I've made before, but this time I am doing it totally in the round- we'll see if it fits when I'm done:lol. If not, I'll put it in my box of hats for the Mitten and Hat Tree! It's bound to fit someone:yes

Off to get ready for another day! Still cold here- but they are saying temps should warm up in a few days. And so far, no snow in the forecast for Friday for anywhere from NJ to MA!!

Have a wonderful day:hug and remember your vitamins!:manyheart

Good morning :morcoffee

Excuse any stupidity here. I had another 2 a.m. wake-up call. This one was my brain. It wouldn't turn off. So i got up and finished my dd's shrug!!! I'm SO glad it's done, particularly since I received the yarn for the twin nieces' afghans. I have work to do!!!

Joanne, I find that I alter patterns to work in the round all the time. I changed my dd's shrug that way. I'd much rather connect rows with ss than sew at the end. Isn't sew a dirty word? Good luck with your hat pattern.

Sarah, it's fun to play with the pretty yarn. Did you come up with a fitting project for your yarn yet? I'm glad you are feeling better.

Colleen, :drool Your mom will LOVE that scarf. It's beautiful. You did a lovely job on it. It looks good from the back, too.

LeaAnne, please don't freeze your badorkus off to get to the post office!!! Sorry you had a stressful day. I'm hoping today will be better.

Mary, you are an incredible crocheter! I can't believe you made most of an afghan in one day!

Stacy, Here's to a terror-free day!

Shannon, I hope you and Janna are doing great.

Vicki, Has it warmed up there yet? We're still WAY too cold in VA.

Tena, is the Project Linus rush slowing down yet?

Any one I missed, I do apologize. I'm very tired. I hope you all have a wonderful day!:hug

My WIP list -

poncho

knitted scarf (about 3 years on the needles)

hats and more hats

Steering wheel cover - DONE!

My WIM list -

3 Christmas afghans

laceweight shawl

3 snugglies

flannelghan (I do have yarn for one!)

Autumn Wrap

sweater

Ummmm, we aren't supposed to finish this in one month are we???

The strangest thing just happened. I am here at work and my computer just shut down saying that Windows had encountered a problem. I've never had that here!

Anyway, the baby sweater is purple with the edging in a purple and white varigated. I did not pick it up last night. I fell asleep! Very bad of me, I know. I need to get it done! I will work on it tomorrow during tae kwon do and then I will just have to force myself to do it. Such a chore this will be.

It is warming up here during the day. Yesterday it go up into the 50s! It is still cold during the night and early morning, but I can deal with the 50s during the day. The dogs can go out and play and I don't have to bring them in right away! They like to go out and one of them really likes to be an outdoor dog. If it is too cold I can't leave them out. They are just too little!

LeaAnne - Sorry you had a stressfull day. Hopefully today will be better!

Mary - Good for you getting all that work done on the flannelghan! Can't wait to see it when it is done!

Scooby - Hope you are staying warm in all the snow!

Beth - Has the warming trend started by you yet?

Joanne - A short week! YAY for small things! Have fun in Boston this weekend! Stay warm up there! Hopefully you will get good news on Thursday!

Stacy - No more bites from the terror! Hopefully the girls will hve a great day! When does the car part arrive?

Sarah - Did you start to warm up yesterday? How are you feeling?

Shannon - Any word on the biopsy? How is little miss Janna doing?

Colleen - Are you fully recovered from the party? How was DD's return to school? Was she all excited to tell everyone about her party?

It is bowling night here. Hopefully I will bowl well. I haven't bowled in three weeks, so who knows!

Have a good day all! Talk to you later!

Vicki

Oh, Joanne- the apple pie hat was the one I meant to ask about! LoL When I looked at the cuddle up hat, I was thinking, this isn't the right one...but for the life of me, couldn't figure out what the other one was called. :blush:clap for a 4-day work week. Do we get :photo of the hat/scarf? :D:xfin that dh gets the salary he wants.

Mary- you made almost an entire flannelghan in one day!!! :eek No wonder your hands are sore. You over-achiever, you! :rofl I cannot wait to see a :photo of it. :manyheart

Vicki, that is weird about the computer. Is it a Dell? Mine has done that many times. :blush I always say "next time I will not buy a Dell" but I've gone and bought 2 more since then. Next time I really won't! :rofl Good luck on that baby sweater- it sounds pretty! :clap for the warm-up! Have fun at bowling!

Leanne, :hug to you. So sorry to hear about your stressful day. Don't even worry about the squares- we know you're good for 'em. :wink Can't have you freezing on your way to the p.o. :hug

Beth, good morning to you! I am so happy to see how many people are joining our little :crocheting party. I don't think it all has to be finished by January (I certainly hope not! :eek) WTG on finishing your dd's shrug. :photo please! :manyheart

Colleen, your scarf is gorgeous!! :c9 I'm sure your mom will love it!

Sarah, Tena, Shannon- hope you all have a fantabulous day! :hug

I was up early- FIL picked me up on his way to work so I could have the car. I :manyheart that man. Although he told me that I should be ashamed of myself for feeling cold in this weather. :rofl

The Terror bit her sister and drew blood yesterday! :eek She was rewarded with hot tea and cuddles again. :faint The mom's reasoning is that she is acting out because she is upset, so she needs to be calmed and reassured that everything is okay. :think All I can say is she better be thankful that it was not one of mine that she drew blood from. :tryme

Dh is at a managers' meeting today- please keep him in your thoughts! They are asking him to take over another area, with no type of compensation. It is rumored that they will get their pay cut back, but hasn't been confirmed. :xfin that they can work somehing out. He is already doing the jobs of an entire office staff, along with his own responsibilities, and now they want to add another area and traveling twice a month.

Well I better get going. Need to take a shower, and planning to go to Trader Joe's and Michael's after Mia goes to school. I found another project last night for my scraps. :blush I will not start until the flannelghan is done!! :xfin:lol

What a day! I finished my dd's shrug, and decided Quicksilver needs a steering wheel cover, so I grabbed some scrap yarn and a really big hook, and worked with 3 strands. I finished it and installed it which involved :yuck sewing. I'm so happy with it. The yarn isn't particularly soft, but the three strands together are quite cushy.

Here are some pics. I threw in one of the yarn for my nieces' afghans. Sorry my dd is sideways. One day I'll learn how to use this newfangled contraption....

post-16396-135897495633_thumb.jpg

post-16396-135897495637_thumb.jpg

post-16396-13589749564_thumb.jpg

Wow it was really quiet here today!. Beth- I love the shrug and the steering wheel cover!!! I don't know how you do it all (except it seems you get very little sleep:lol)

Stacy- Hope all worked out well with DH today- that seems to be the way of businesses now-a-days- keep adding more work, with no compensation for it! How's the flannelghan coming along? I can't believe Mary finished in one day :eek. I'll let you know how the hat comes out- and I'll take pics, but the lighting isn't good at night.

Vicki- have fun bowling tonight- and glad it's warming up for you. It is still cold here- 30 degrees --hey we're almost at freezing!

Everyone else- I hope you had a good day! Off to make dinner and then finish the hat.!:hug

Hi chicks!

DH got home from work at 5 am this morning, then had to go back at 11, so I haven't had a computer!

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you all about Dad's biopsy! I thought I did. He's fine, but he needs to go on a diet. Thank you all for the prayers!:hug:hug

Colleen- Your scarf is gorgeous! Can I be your mom come Christmastime??? :rofl

Stacy- Did you make Mia's book chart yet? I think that's a great idea! That Terror is scary!!

LeaAnne- I hope you're having a better day today. And really--what good would you be to us if you were to go out and freeze your badorkas off??? We don't mind waiting for our besties!!

Vicki- Good luck on the baby sweater, and to your friend! :xfin that DH hears something soon!

Joanne- You must be so excited to see your DD! Are you and LeaAnne going to try to get together?

Mary- Wowza! You put me to shame with all that :crocheting! Hope your hands feel better soon!

Beth- Your DD's shrug and steering wheel cover are very cool! And the colors for your nieces' afghans are very pretty!

Scooby- Hope you had fun at DF's brother's. Are you staying warm up there?

Sarah- Glad to hear your voice is getting better! And that it's warming up down by you.

Well, the pillowcase is done except for adding the buttons. FINALLY!! I've learned a few things from this first one. Hopefully the rest will go smoother. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I go to my mom's.

Have a great night everyone! I might be back a little later. Love ya!:manyheart

Beth - Pretty pretty yarn :drool. What are the colour combos again? Navy and cream and burgundy and pink??? Your DD's shrug and steering wheel cover came out nicely. A little treat for QuickSilver :tup

Joanne - 2 days left! :yay You must be so excited. Your hooks continue to smoke with all those hats!

Shannon - I am so happy to hear that your Dad's biopsy came out alright. Your DH is working some crazy hours, poor guy. How does he like working in those cold temps you've been having?

Stacy - I'm glad the terror bit within her own family this time. Incredible. Your FIL rocks! What's the new scrap project you have in mind?

Vicki - Your baby sweater sounds so pretty. You'll have to share pics. Do tell, any news on the baby yet? I get so excited about new babies. What colour will the blanket be? The same? I'm glad to hear it is warming up for you. It's warming up here too. We had a sunny, just below freezing day and it is supposed to be above freezing by the end of the week.

:hi to everyone else! I hope you had a great day.

Thank you all for your kind words on my scarf. I'm glad you all like it. Shannon, you can be my mom for Christmas (despite the fact that is impossible :lol), but you have to cook the veggies and make the salad. :rofl

DD and I went to the dentist today. All is well in our mouths. I bought a Bernat Camo pattern booklet today with my eye on a cute little tank top/vest thing for DD. She even said she'd wear it :wink She wants it in purple camo. Looks like I'll have to buy some more yarn when I exchange those balls at Michaels. I wonder if they sell camo at Mary's yarn store :think I'm going to work on one of my wips tonight. Either the red/navy/gray ripple or the doll blanket from my first ever granny squares.

Quiet around here tonight. :hi is anybody out there?

I just edged the grannies I made when I learned to crochet (I'm guessing it was in 2000) and joined them to make a little doll blanket. That only took me 10 years. :rofl I need to weave in the ends still. It's cute. Now I need to go search for some patterns to use up some sport and baby weight yarns.

Hey girls!

I am :(- the car part didn't work. Well, it helped a slight little bit but for the most part, it still sputters. Jorge thinks I should use FIL's for the rest of the week. :sigh

Colleen, WTG on making the doll blanket! Can't wait to see it. Glad all is well with your teeth. You just reminded me that my girls are due for a check-up.

Beth, your new yarn is so pretty! They will look wonderful together. Your photos are great, too. I love the shrug, and the the idea of the steering wheel cover. Now I'm thinking of making one. :lol

The scrap project I *had* in mind was the mended hearts afghan from Annie's Attic Never Enough Scraps book. It's super-cute but I worked up a swatch today and I don't think I like the look of carrying all the yarns. :shrug

Okie dokie, I'm off to work on that flannelghan. I finished the 4th strip last night but realized I left out one row on the 3rd one. Please tell me how that happens when I'm using stitch markers? :think

Bummer Colleen!! I was looking for someone before and just came back on. We just missed each other!

I wanted to tell you guys that I'll be back on tomorrow night. After that I don't know. DH is starting a long job on Thursday, and we don't know if he'll be coming home through it.

I'll be here for a little while tomorrow night, but I don't know what time. Have a great day tomorrow!:manyheart

I finished the black "apple pie hat" to go with the Bruins scarf and then I made another one in light gray fleck for the Boxing Day CAL- I'm going to do one in Navy blue for myself tomorrow night in case it is really cold in Boston- and DD and I do alot of walking to/from the "T" when I go up- plus she wants to go ice skating outside so I may has well have a nice warm hat for me too!

I'll try and post pics tomorrow after work- I think I need a new battery in my camera- it just doesn't seem to hold a charge anymore.

Stacy- bummer about the car part! Hang in there- tax return time is almost here. LOL about the flannelgan! Seems Mary is the only one who whips one up in no time! I just took a piece of paper and wrote out each row and crossed it off as I went along- I know, pretty old fashioned, but it worked. I have the remaining strip on the arm of my chair so every night it reminds me it needs to get finished:lol

Colleen- WTG on finishing a WIP! Can't wait to see it!

Shannon- sorry I missed you- hope to catch you tomorrow night

Have a good rest of the night

Sorry I missed you Shannon!

Stacy - :( about the car. You are missing your freedom. At least your FIL is awesome! Too bad about the missed row on your flannelghan. Is it a quick fix or a full strip frogging fix?

Joanne - I'll have to check out that hat pattern. A warm hat for your trip sounds like a great idea!

(((((Shannon))))) We will miss you! :hug Is your computer fixable or is it completely gone? I'm so glad that all is well with your Dad. :manyheart

Joanne, you are on a roll with those hats! Good idea about the flannelghan. I thought I would be fine if I put a stitch marker every 2 rows, but apparently I don't even know how to count that! :lol Yes, tax time is coming up. Dh's work usually sends out the W2's the last day of January- but we will file as soon as we have them. Dh was looking at carmax.com today. He found out that he is getting the 10% back :clap so it looks like I will be getting a new (to me) car soon. :xfin

It is shower time, then I will work on the flannelghan. I will, I WILL. LoL

Stacy- LOL- about the I will, I will I will work on the flannelghan!!! Not sure what you meant by DH is getting the 10% back- I must have missed something awhile ago..Glad you will be getting a New to You car soon!!!

Joanne, he took a pay cut way back in March of last year- 10% of his salary. He was supposed to get it back after 90 days but that never happened. Now they are saying that is his "compensation" for taking over the new area.

Joanne, he took a pay cut way back in March of last year- 10% of his salary. He was supposed to get it back after 90 days but that never happened. Now they are saying that is his "compensation" for taking over the new area.

Pretty slick! But at least he is getting the 10% back!! I'm sure that will help out.

Well, kiddo, I'm off to dreamland- or at least I hope- I had a large cup of coffee around 7PM my time

Have a good rest of your evening- and good luck on the flannelghan!!!

Pretty slick! But at least he is getting the 10% back!! I'm sure that will help out.

Well, kiddo, I'm off to dreamland- or at least I hope- I had a large cup of coffee around 7PM my time

Have a good rest of your evening- and good luck on the flannelghan!!!

Good luck getting to sleep after that coffee! :lol Yes, it is pretty slick of them to give back what he already deserved, anyway, but it WILL help a bunch. I guess I can't complain. :wink Have a wonderful Delta Force-ness day tomorrow. :hug

Archived