Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Good morning!!

I was able to fall asleep quite quickly despite having had a large cup of coffee in the evening, but I woke up at 4:30-I was dreaming about WIP's and yarn and in my dream I was re-organizing yarn again. Wonder what it means when you dream about yarn and unfinished projects? Mmmmm:think

I think I will start the navy hat for myself - actually the color is San Diego Navy by Lion Brand- the Hometown USA yarn- I know Shannon had raved about the yarn, so I had bought a skein on sale a few months ago. I think it will make a nice "apple pie hat'

Hope everyone has a terrific Wednesday! Cya on the flip side.:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. :morcoffee

I actually slept until the alarm went off today!!! I didn't want to get up, either. I may get a quick nap after delivering my son to work.

Joanne, you have me curious about the apple pie hat. I think I'll take a look later. Good luck with your navy one. Dreaming about yarn.... :c9 Sounds like a good thing to me.

Stacy, I'm glad your dh is getting his pay back. I hope you find a great car. How exciting! You will let us know what you end up with, please?

Shannon, we miss you when you aren't around. I hope dh has a good work week. Sounds so very busy.

Colleen, Thanks for the comment about the moroccan tile patten! Sil asked for blues, tan, and burgundy, and those are the colors of the afghan, so I think it's meant to be made! I am hoping the it isn't too challenging, since I showed my sil the pattern. I kind of have to make it now. I guess I'll get started on it today.

Wow! I just re-read and corrected my previous typing -- I think I should spare you any more rambling from a tired person here! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Happy Wednesday besties! Last night at bowling my bowling arm actually showed up! I bowled a 178, a 119 (but I still won my point!), and a 165! A great night for me! YAY ME! And all without bowling for 3 weeks! The team took 23 out of 28 points! YAY US! It was a good night!

Now today of course I am tired because I got home late! I actually slept pretty well after we got home, but I am still tired.

No baby news from our friend yet. We are still waiting to hear. I need to go find out team leader and see if she has heard anything yet. But nothing yet! Then last night at bowling one of the girls has a daughter who is having a baby in March. They are having her baby shower on Jan. 23. I have nothing done for her and really no money to go buy anything. I'll see what I can do. I really wanted to make her something, like a blanket and a sweater. I amy have to make it and give it to her later. I thought I would have more time. Things just sort of stopped in December. I know that is bad, but I really lost all momentum then. I haven't touched anything and that is really bad!

Anyway, we were above freezing this morning when I left the house! YAY! We are supposed to get rain tomorrow and Friday. It is supposed to be cold again on Sunday, but not freezing cold, just nasty, rainy cold. 40s cold. Hopefully it won't last very long!

Tae kwon do tonight. Then I need to help hubby do some stuff on the computer. I can crochet a little while I do that! I think I can! I think I can!

Beth - Your steering wheel cover is great! I need to make myself one of those!

Stacy - Sorry to hear the car part didn't work. Hopefully a new car is in the future?

Joanne - Boston is just around the corner! Stay warm up there and have fun making the hat for yourself to stay warm!

Shannon - Glad you could stop by! Sorry to hear that your hubby is working crazy hours. I hate when that happens! It totally disrupts the routine of the house! Good luck getting through it!

Have a great day girls! I will talk to you all later!

Vicki

:hi everyone!

Vicki - I totally understand how everything stopped in December. When I went through a lay off last Sept. I didn't crochet for 6 mos :eek It was one of the ways I reacted to the stress. It will come back when everything settles down. :hug WTG at bowling last night :clap

Joanne - I'm not surprised you were dreaming of crochet. You've been hooking a lot lately! Happy 2nd last day of your work week!

Shannon - Sorry we missed you last night :(

Stacy - What companies won't do these days. :ohdear At least your DH is getting back what he worked hard for.

DD is gone to school today and I have a house to tidy, laundry to do, and a another birthday cake to bake. I don't usually use cake mixes, but they had cake mixes and icing on for $1 each, so I stocked up. We'll have cherry chip with chocolate icing today. Cabbage rolls for supper. I also have to volunteer for the pizza lunch later.

It's cool here today, but not too bad. We're expecting snow flurries again. DH is getting pretty frustrated that we aren't getting big snowfalls. He wants enough snow to snowmobile, but we don't have near enough.

Beth - the shrug and steering wheel cover are really nice =0), :yay for sleeping until alarm this morning

Shannon - glad your Dad's biopsy came out good. :yay for finishing the pillowcase.

Colleen - :yay for the granny square doll blanket. I have a granny project I started in 2002 that I've yet to finish also (though the yarn was bought in 2000 for a different project)... maybe I'll finish it this year... it was my first granny square project... lol have 2 more that I"m working on, none of them finished (baby blanket and the squares I'm doing right now). Have fun making cake today.

Stacy - sorry car part didn't work.

Vicki - glad you had fun and did well at bowling.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday...

Morning. :thair:bang potty training... need not say anymore...

Finished another 3 squares so now have a total of 19 completed.

Keith is upset, I won't let him watch cartoons today (he's been being bad about them, if his favorite one goes off he gets upset and throws a tantrum and has bitten me all because his cartoon is over and he needs to learn it's not acceptable, especially biting, and that when his cartoons are over mommy just can't magically make them come back on)

had a fun start to the morning: virus protection software had blocked the windows component that allows the computer to access the internet, had fun trying to figure out what was wrong... but I did it :yay only went cross eyed going through the blocked files in the virus protection logs... LOL, this after a call to the ISP trying to get them to help but the lady who answered just wouldn't understand that I know all the things they have us try (we used to have trouble every time it rained til they came out and rewired the trailer cause the wires were bad).. and had already done them all, so waiting for the tech guy to call so I can tell him I fixed the problem... (I hate having to call tech support, cause no matter how many times I tell them I've done what they tell me I need to do already they insist on treating me like an idiot, grrrr I worked internet technical support for 2 years and granted it wasn't DSL or anything like that but I still know the basics and what areas to check/reset, though given how much trouble we had at first I also now know how to troubleshoot the DSL we have now) ok sorry just had to get that off my chest...

Morning, girls!

Not much going on here. I have some cleaning to catch up on- the bathroom really needs some love. Started a pot of beans for dinner. Straightened up the kitchen, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I have a load of laundry waiting to be folded, and another waiting for the dryer once the girls' car seat covers are done :blush I left them outside last night, and it rained this morning. I am taking Mia to school in my car this morning since I forgot to call FIL last night. Keep your :xfin that we make it!

Sarah, good luck with potty-training. We are working on it now, too, but I've heard it is harder with boys. :shrug

Vicki, WTG at bowling! You were on fire last night. :h5 Good luck with that baby sweater, and finding something for your friend's daughter's baby.

Colleen, :birthday to your dh! The cherry chip cake sounds yummy! I love cabbage rolls- can I please come over for dinner? :lol Have fun volunteering at pizza day.

Leanne, Shannon, Mary, Beth, Joanne, Scooby- happy Hump Day! :hug Make it a great one!

:hi, friends...

:welcome, crocheter4jesus!

Beth ~ :ty for sharing all that eye candy! :drool... I love your work! Are you getting any more sleep these days?

Colleen ~ Hope you get all of your tidying done quick, so you can play :crocheting! Scraps of sport and baby yarn, huh? :think ...:yes you should try some ami's! they are pretty fun!

Stacy ~ sorry the part didn't work:( ... good news about the 10% coming back! my DH's company did the same thing, and he is just now getting his back, too!

Joanne ~ maybe, if you have time, we could 'hook up' while you are up this way? :) ...the weatherman said last night that starting Friday, we will have temps in high 30's, low 40's up here... perfect for skating with DD:cheer

Shannon ~ :xfin that your computer gets fixed soon:hug

Vicki ~ WTG on the awesomeness bowling scores! :nworthy... You would NOT want me on your team... I stink!:lol ...your baby sweater sounds so pretty! I hope your hookless funk ends soon!

Sarah ~ glad you got your ISP's and anti-v's squared away... :yes it can be complicated...

Mary ~ I would have put the little :faint smiley about you making a flannelghan in a day, but I had to :heehee instead! I had a feeling that you really are THAT GOOD! :hug:hug I hope all is going ok up there in God's country

:waving to Chaya, Tena, Judy and anybody I mistakenly missed:blush

I hope that you are all well today, and that you are having the best day you can have!:hug:manyheart:hug

ok reorganized all the pots and pans and now they ALL fit under the sink... so now we don't have to have the ones we got for Christmas sitting out on a folding card table (they can't be stacked)... so all I need to do now is finish rest of the dishes and then depending on time start folding laundry (depending on time as Keith keeps yawning so know I'm going to have to put him down for a nap today, speaking of him sleeping wish I'd gotten a picture of him last night, he was sleeping w/ his head towards the foot of the bed, cuddling his pillowcase which he'd taken off his pillow and was using his pillow as a blanket, it was really cute)

*Is :dreaming of what she will make!*

I'm am sooo going to try this! My mom will be happy as well!:cheer:yay

*Advances towards dishes in sink:tryme*

Welcome. I'm Sarah =0)

*Is :dreaming of what she will make!*

I'm am sooo going to try this! My mom will be happy as well!:cheer:yay

*Advances towards dishes in sink:tryme*

Welcome to our corner of the 'Ville. May I call you C4J?

Hi LeaAnne, your weather sounds Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hope you and Joanne get together.

Stacy, I need to show my bathrooms some love, too. Let us know when you get back safely after taking your dd to school.

:birthday Mr. Colleen! I hope your day is fun. Sounds like it will be yummy! :drool

Sarah, I cheated. My oldest was potty trained at 2 by his day care teacher. LOVE that woman!!! She had a room full of potties, and taught everyone at the same time. Oldest ds basically taught younger ds what to do -- they are very close in age. My dd was the most difficult, but she did OK.

Vicki, way to bowl!!! I don't think I'd hit 178 if you added three scores together! You rock!!!

:hi to everyone else. I need to teach the children, then attack those bathrooms!!! With love, of course. (And bleach, definitely bleach!)

:clover to all who are showing their bathrooms :manyheartwith Bleach today!:heehee I did mine yesterday, as well as stripping 1/2 of the wallpaper. Today I did a little more, and Friday I will be done.

and I forgot to say :bday to Mr. Colleen, too! so, :bday, Mr. Colleen! Cabbage rolls for dinner sound sooo good! I haven't had one of those since I was a kid!

:oops... I also realized that I forgot to tell you all about the "SuperBowl" trip that I mentioned the other day...This is big scoop, too:devil

So, My Uncle Art's oldest son lives in Vegas. He and DH have been keeping in touch since he was here last fall for a visit. Anyway, DH had some miles he had to "use or lose" from when he traveled for work, so he got us airline tix to Vegas for the Superbowl, as my late :ctree gift!!!:clap It will be so much fun! BIL will be coming with us, too. DH and BIL have friends who moved out there a few years ago, so ALL of us are making plans to watch the game together! I am excited to see my cousin... He is a great kid! Best part is that the trip is costing us $0, except for food, of course:lol.

Hi LeaAnne, your weather sounds Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hope you and Joanne get together.

Stacy, I need to show my bathrooms some love, too. Let us know when you get back safely after taking your dd to school.

:birthday Mr. Colleen! I hope your day is fun. Sounds like it will be yummy! :drool

Sarah, I cheated. My oldest was potty trained at 2 by his day care teacher. LOVE that woman!!! She had a room full of potties, and taught everyone at the same time. Oldest ds basically taught younger ds what to do -- they are very close in age. My dd was the most difficult, but she did OK.

Vicki, way to bowl!!! I don't think I'd hit 178 if you added three scores together! You rock!!!

:hi to everyone else. I need to teach the children, then attack those bathrooms!!! With love, of course. (And bleach, definitely bleach!)

until I find a job, Keith can't go to daycare... we can't afford it unless I find a job that covers daycare, insurance and gas... so I get to have fun... it's just the #2's we're having issues w/ :yuck he knows, but he just doesn't want to cause he doesn't want to stop playing... though if we catch him in time and sit him w/ a couple of books he'll go :lol

sorry no showing bathroom the bleach here... that's fiance's job... I have to use bleach alternatives if I'm going to do it and we don't have any right now (just a small amount of bleach turns my face and eyes into lobster color)... so any bleaching gets done by fiance w/ all windows open and me gone for the day...

Oh, the potty training days. I remember those well. When DD was potty training she would pee but not poop. she would purposely hold it and them would go in her pants knowing that she was doing that. It would drive me nuts! But she would only do that at home. She would go potty every place else BUT home. Made me crazed!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Colleen! Hope he has a wonderful day!

Welcome crocheter4jesus! This is the best bunch of girls on the 'ville! You will love it here!

Ooh, LeaAnne, you are going to have fun on that Superbowl trip! I hope you enjoy it! Have som extra fun for us!

Stacy - Hope you made it home safely! Did the car behave for you?

Must go get some work done! Just wanted to pop back here and see what was going on!

TTFN!

Vicki

Oh, the potty training days. I remember those well. When DD was potty training she would pee but not poop. she would purposely hold it and them would go in her pants knowing that she was doing that. It would drive me nuts! But she would only do that at home. She would go potty every place else BUT home. Made me crazed!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Colleen! Hope he has a wonderful day!

Welcome crocheter4jesus! This is the best bunch of girls on the 'ville! You will love it here!

Ooh, LeaAnne, you are going to have fun on that Superbowl trip! I hope you enjoy it! Have som extra fun for us!

Stacy - Hope you made it home safely! Did the car behave for you?

Must go get some work done! Just wanted to pop back here and see what was going on!

TTFN!

Vicki

... You wanna come?!:devil

:hi friends!

Volunteering at Pizza day was fun. They are so cute! I've got most of the tidying done, on the 2nd load of laundry, changed DD's bed, and now I have to bake that cake. I will not be bleaching my bathroom today. Maybe a quick windex of the mirror but that will be all. I'm sure your toilets will love you all today.

I don't know if I'll get any crochet time in this afternoon as the clock is ticking away. However, I did read a bit of a magazine I bought yesterday while I ate my lunch. :c9

OK, here is a pic of the quilt my mom made for DD.

post-12231-135897495784_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the b-day wishes for DH. I'll pass them along when he comes home from work.

Stacy - Sure, c'mon over for cabbage rolls. Here's the story. I don't make cabbage rolls, but my MIL does. They are one of DH's favourites. For Christmas I asked MIL for a pan (or three) of cabbage rolls to put in my freezer. That's ALL I want, I said. She got me a gift and no cabbage rolls :rolleyes(until I reminded her:devil). Last week she showed up with one container of cabbage rolls. So, I just have add juice and cook.

LeaAnne, you trip sounds like so much fun! You deserve a fun trip away with just the grown ups. WTG on stripping the bathroom! :yay

Sarah - Good luck with the potty training. It will come in time. Just need a LOT of patience. It sounds like he's almost there.

Welcome crocheter4jesus! Good luck with your dishes, etc.

LeaAnne - have fun on your trip... enjoy being w/ friends and family for the superbowl (lol if I have any say I'll be out at the bookstore reading since I don't like football)

:hi friends!

Volunteering at Pizza day was fun. They are so cute! I've got most of the tidying done, on the 2nd load of laundry, changed DD's bed, and now I have to bake that cake. I will not be bleaching my bathroom today. Maybe a quick windex of the mirror but that will be all. I'm sure your toilets will love you all today.

I don't know if I'll get any crochet time in this afternoon as the clock is ticking away. However, I did read a bit of a magazine I bought yesterday while I ate my lunch. :c9

OK, here is a pic of the quilt my mom made for DD.

[ATTACH]15031[/ATTACH]

Thank you all for the b-day wishes for DH. I'll pass them along when he comes home from work.

Stacy - Sure, c'mon over for cabbage rolls. Here's the story. I don't make cabbage rolls, but my MIL does. They are one of DH's favourites. For Christmas I asked MIL for a pan (or three) of cabbage rolls to put in my freezer. That's ALL I want, I said. She got me a gift and no cabbage rolls :rolleyes(until I reminded her:devil). Last week she showed up with one container of cabbage rolls. So, I just have add juice and cook.

LeaAnne, you trip sounds like so much fun! You deserve a fun trip away with just the grown ups. WTG on stripping the bathroom! :yay

Sarah - Good luck with the potty training. It will come in time. Just need a LOT of patience. It sounds like he's almost there.

Welcome crocheter4jesus! Good luck with your dishes, etc.

the quilt is lovely... I've always wanted to learn to quilt.. but well sewing machines and I just don't get along and it takes too long to do by hand...

LOL umm did you notice my quote in my signature? Yeah Keith requires LOTS of patience, he's too smart for his own good and he's already a smarty pants (especially when it comes to naming things... it's not a bench.. it's a workbench or toolbench... it's not a puzzle.. it's an ELMO puzzle...) and the funniest though annoying is when you're counting to 3 to get him to do something or come to you and you say 1 and he says 2,3, 4... or when his step-grandpa was getting onto him for something and he told his step-grandpa to use his inside voice...

I love quilts and would love to learn too. But I think I'll stick with crochet for now. I don't like sitting at a sewing machine. My mom handquilted this one.

OK, I just had the strangest experience. I just mixed and put the cake in the oven and didn't have a little person saying over and over again, "can I like the spatula! can I like the spatula!". It just wasn't the same :lol

I love quilts and would love to learn too. But I think I'll stick with crochet for now. I don't like sitting at a sewing machine. My mom handquilted this one.

OK, I just had the strangest experience. I just mixed and put the cake in the oven and didn't have a little person saying over and over again, "can I like the spatula! can I like the spatula!". It just wasn't the same :lol

lol but that's the best part of baking...

Sure you may!:yes

So far I have 6 minutes in crochet time!:cheer:P I'm actually gonna divide the time it takes to do each chore in half, that will force me to do more hopefully!:lol LOL

ooooh, Colleen! that quilt is lovely:c9... must keep DD nice and toasty!

I :heehee about your only asking for a favorite dish for Christmas. One of my sister's gifts every year is a Tourtierre Pie (or 3!) ... apparently, I am the only one left who makes them in our family:think

Sarah - :lol sounds like you have the right attitude for the pottying biz. I must say that that is probably the one thing I do not miss...

Archived