Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

:hi Besties! I've missed so much today!

Welcome C4J!! You're going to love it here!

I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to show you all my pillowcase!

I love it, it's gorgeous =0) love the color =0)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shannon, your pillow is perfect! I :manyheart it! The white against that dark background really pops.

Joanne, love the scarf and hat combo. They look so warm and comfy.

Colleen, the quilt is gorgeous. What a wonderful gift. How special, something homemade like that.

C4J, are you in Ohio? I'm from the Canton area, but live in SE Virginia where they shut down schools for a dusting of snow!:think I hope you feel better soon!!!

Scooby, I'm loving the rug. It's such fun colors. I'm partial to the rr shape any way.

LeaAnne, your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I love the price! Can't beat that. I hope you have a fantastic time.

Stacy, so glad you made it home safely. Car trouble is so depressing. By the way, my bathrooms say "Thank you!" Your post motivated me to get busy with my cleaning, and it was much needed.

Sarah, Sounds like you've had a busy, productive day. Does Keith nap well, most of the time?

Vicki, I hope you are having a good Tae Kwon Do day.

Mary, I hope you are staying warm, and not catching your :hook on fire!

Tena, I hope you are getting a bit of a break.

Hugs to all. :hug

No he doesn't, usually it's a fight to get him to take a nap but the crankiness if he doesn't get it makes it worth the fight to get him to take a nap...

LoL Beth! I'm glad I could help. :wink My bathroom got the attention it was craving, too. :yes Whomever thought a white tile counter top with very deep crevices between tiles, was a good idea- was sadly, sadly mistaken. Toothpaste, dirty water, shampoo, even the cleaner I use- all get stuck down in there and I have to end up drying everything off with a towel just to get it all. (Which, btw, I don't remember who mentioned it, but I do not use bleach, either- ya'll know me and my natural-ness :lol! I use vinegar and baking soda. :tup )

LoL Beth! I'm glad I could help. :wink My bathroom got the attention it was craving, too. :yes Whomever thought a white tile counter top with very deep crevices between tiles, was a good idea- was sadly, sadly mistaken. Toothpaste, dirty water, shampoo, even the cleaner I use- all get stuck down in there and I have to end up drying everything off with a towel just to get it all. (Which, btw, I don't remember who mentioned it, but I do not use bleach, either- ya'll know me and my natural-ness :lol! I use vinegar and baking soda. :tup )

That was me... how well does vinegar and baking soda work? is it as effective as bleach to use?

C4J, are you in Ohio? I'm from the Canton area, but live in SE Virginia where they shut down schools for a dusting of snow! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Yes, I do! :D

Thanks!

So far I've done 62 minutes of chores:cheer, and I have 32 minutes of crochet time, which I have not started using yet. I'm working on an amigurumi snake right now:crocheting, but I'll need a list of things to make soon.:yes:lol

I washed the dishes and my fingers looked like raisins! :P Right now I'm just sitting on here. My mom is on FB and my dad is doing something else. :D And, best of all, My little brothers are washing dishes!:devil:P

That was me... how well does vinegar and baking soda work? is it as effective as bleach to use?

It works quite well, if you can get used to the vinegar smell. :lol I rarely use chemical cleaners- I've read way too many things about them. Plus I think that vinegar and baking soda work just as well, if not better because if it splashes back, it's not going to bleach clothing! :wink Also, rubbing alcohol works very well if you pour a bit on a washcloth and use it to clean mirrors. I learned that one from our very own Scooby. :tup

As for what to crochet for a 2-3 year old, maybe you could make her an ami of her favorite animal? I :manyheart amis. They are quick and easy, and I think everyone should like them. :lol

Scooby- I'm so sorry I keep forgetting every time I post, but I have to tell you that your rug is gorgeous!! You're not putting it in the AP bathroom though, are you? :eek The pastels may clash with the brights, and that just wouldn't look groovy, baby! :rofl

Shannon - :drool that pillow case is so beautiful and that colour of blue is to die for! You did a wonderful job. The back is beautiful too! WTG!!!! :clap:clap You did it!

Scooby - Hey girl! Long time no chat! How are you? Your rug is so pretty! Will that be used beside a bed? It is beautiful! Enjoy the warm temps while they are with you!

Joanne - I love that scarf! How fun with the team colours! What a great idea. I might have to make one of those in Green and Yellow for a certain Cheesehead I know. Great idea! Enjoy making your navy hat. One day to go :cheer

Stacy and Beth - WTG on the bathroom cleaning. Mine is feeling jealous. Stacy, I am so glad you made it home safely in your old car.

For those who asked, Tortiere is a meat pie. Full top and bottom pie crust filled with meat. I believe my mom uses a mixture of ground pork and ground beef.

The birthday dinner was a success. Our house is now done with birthdays until November :whew Now for some relaxation time. To crochet or read...tough dilemma :lol.

It works quite well, if you can get used to the vinegar smell. :lol I rarely use chemical cleaners- I've read way too many things about them. Plus I think that vinegar and baking soda work just as well, if not better because if it splashes back, it's not going to bleach clothing! :wink Also, rubbing alcohol works very well if you pour a bit on a washcloth and use it to clean mirrors. I learned that one from our very own Scooby. :tup

As for what to crochet for a 2-3 year old, maybe you could make her an ami of her favorite animal? I :manyheart amis. They are quick and easy, and I think everyone should like them. :lol

Scooby- I'm so sorry I keep forgetting every time I post, but I have to tell you that your rug is gorgeous!! You're not putting it in the AP bathroom though, are you? :eek The pastels may clash with the brights, and that just wouldn't look groovy, baby! :rofl

actually it's for a 2 familes whose house burned down in our community, we're donating a bunch of clothes that Keith has outgrown and I was thinking of doing something quick to add in for the kids... they are one girl I think between 2 and 3, and 3 boys between 1 1/2 to 3...

actually it's for a 2 familes whose house burned down in our community, we're donating a bunch of clothes that Keith has outgrown and I was thinking of doing something quick to add in for the kids... they are one girl I think between 2 and 3, and 3 boys between 1 1/2 to 3...

That is kind of you to donate something. Amis are a great idea. Little kids also love little bags that they can keep their treasures in.

TY TY all for the nice compliments on the rug. I don't really have any place for it, that was just some of that yarn I got at a really good price at the Salvation Army and I wanted to try out the pattern and use up some of this huge stash that I have.

:lol Stacy. It definitely will not be going in the AP bathroom as you're right it would be too groovy baby!!!!!! :h5 Glad you are using and like the alcohol on the mirrors cleaning tip :yes.

:wavingColleen!!! I am doing ok. Just been kinda in a slump but other than that doing ok. I guess I could use the rug beside the bed or maybe use it in the craft room, just because. :shrug what to do with it :lol.

YW C4J!!! It's always nice to see/meet new :)ing faces!!!!!

I tried a couple of times to make the ami's and just can't get it :blush. I have a snowman I started a couple of years ago, and I think he may be a little overstuffed. I always think they don't have enough stuffing so I keep adding more and more until they are a bit too plump so I haven't tried anymore. Maybe one day I will try again.

Well think I need to get busy :crocheting as I have a couple of scarves I would like to finish tonight and the longer I sit at this :compute the less :crocheting I am getting done. I am sure I will be back later on but sending out lots :hug and :manyheart to you all and have a great night to those who may not be back tonight.

think I'll do granny square blankets, since we're supposed to have some more cold weather... I have a bunch of balls of various colors that fiance's grandma gave me so will use them up... off to crochet I go...

Good luck, Sarah.

I also think little bags are a good idea. I think anything you send will be much-loved, as they lost all of their belongings. My heart breaks for them. We went through that when I was 8 and it was devastating. I do remember all of the people that helped us, though. :yes:manyheart

Scooby, if you really can't figure out what to do with it...you could always send it to me. :rofl It really is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll find somewhere nice to put it. :manyheart

Colleen, glad to hear the birthday dinner was a success. :yay

ok. I think I'm just going to have to consign this yarn back to the closet until I can figure out something that I can make w/ it as it has a tendency to break quite often... no matter which ball I picked up... grrrr but I guess it's too be expected as it all is rather old... and what didn't break was so scratchy it was actually raising welts on my hand as it rubbed...

does age does this to acrylic when it been kept in a hot attic that subject to humidity and heat during the summer and doesn't get too cold usually during the winter?

A quick good morning to all!! I finished my navy hat and then I made a cowl. It is the Yorkshire Cowl from the Lion brand site. I only had one skein of the hometown yarn that I used on the hat. The cowl is Navy wool-ease thick and quick- the color is a little different than the hometown yarn, but close enough. After that, i went to bed and got a good night's sleep!

Today is my last day of work until Wednesday!!! YAY!!!!

Gotta run and get ready- I'll cya on the flip side ! Make it a good day!

:morcoffee

I hope you all have an awesome day! Congrats, Joanne, on making through your short week! I'll bet it seemed like nothing after 12 days in a row!!!

Sarah, let us know what you decide to make. How devastating to lose everything!

Today I take one of the cars in for inspection. I started the Moroccan Tiles afghan, and will have that with me for wait time. It's also house cleaning day here. I'll get done what gets done.

Have fun! :hug:manyheart:hug

Good morning basjordan! That almost rhymes! :P

That's horrible! :( A family we know just went through the same thing. :(

We took a whole bunch of clothes and stuff. I was thinking about making something, but there wasn't time......

It looks like I won't be able to make anything as the yarn I have either keeps breaking or is so scratchy it rubs my hands raw working w/ it. It had been sitting in an attic for at least 10 years.... if not longer... so I have nothing else that'll work. :(

Good morning all! MY. I missed a lot yesterday afternoon! I was so busy reading all the posts that I didn't have time to post this morning myself!

It is raining here this morning, so it has warmed up here a bit. I actually came to work today without a turtle neck on!

I finished one sleeve of the baby sweater last night at tae kwon do and I started the other one. Then I came home and I crashed. But I slept well. I actually slept the whole night throught!

LeaAnne - The hat and scarf ar beautiful! Love them both!

Joanne - Have a great last work day of the week! Enjoy the trip to Boston! Do you leave tomorrow?

Sarah - Hope you find some yarn to make something for the families who lost everything in the fires. That is not fun.

Stacy - Hope you have a great day and glad you made it safely in the car!

Beth - Good morning and hope you have a great day!

Scooby! How are you girl? Enjoy the warmer temps while they are around! Hope you are feeling better! WE miss you around here!

Must run down to the office! One of the counselors needs me!

TTFN!

Vicki

Good Morning all,

Life is somewhat normal today. I have managed to do some laundry and dishes.

The Disney Give a Day is starting to level out some.

But as my co-assistant keeps saying "this is a good problem to have" and she is right.

BB later on this evening.

tena:hug

Hey ladies!

Well, my car is unofficially dead. :( I say unofficially because *technically* it still works (as in turns on, and accelerates when it wants to) but on the way home from picking up Mia, it wouldn't accelerate, kept sputtering when I pressed the gas, etc. Once I got up to a good speed, I'd have to slow down and stop at a light. I was seriously afraid to make a left turn because I knew I wouldn't make it in time. Once I turned onto our street, and got up to speed, I did 50 the whole way (it's a main street, which is a 45 mph zone anyway) so I wouldn't get stopped by the lights. It is just not safe to drive. :sigh

I forgot that Mommy and Me started today, until we were on the way to Mia's school. :blush We stayed for the rest of the class (which was only an hour) then went to get lunch, and back to get Mia. Called in a prescription refill for Jorge to pick up on his way home, and now here we are. Have to pick up Isabella in a few, then walk to the grocery store for some salad dressing and french bread. Hopefully it will settle down a bit after that and I can come and address everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday! :hug(Or at least better than mine! :lol)

Tena, nice to hear from you!

C4J - I hope home ec went well for you today!

Stacy - :( Sorry to hear about your car. I am glad you got home safe. I hope you enjoyed mommy and me.

Busy day here, swimming, a play date and a quick snowman making session. It has warmed up and the snow is packing snow, so we had to take advantage of it and make a snowman. :) Just working on supper (meatballs and rice). I am reading a good book, so I may pick that over crochet. I think after finishing my scarf I could use a break for a couple days. I hope you are having a great day!

Archived