Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Just started the first gold border row and I can already tell this was a good idea. So 5 and most of the 6th row of colored border rows to go before pictures. Won't be more than a day or two now. :hook

John just left work a little bit ago to go hunting for another deer for the freezer.

I've already spent my yarn money for this month so will have to pass on the craftsetc deal.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. :manyheart I know I don't pop in often but ya know.......life kinda tires me out these days. I did get talked into making a scarf which led to a hat. Jaden saw a snake scarf on CPC (he was sitting next to me when I was surfing just for fun) & just had to have it. Well, I couldn't leave him with an unmatched hat so......I made him the set this afternoon, evening & just finished. :cheer

The scarf is a pattern at CPC & the hat is a variation of one found right here on the ville. I had to change it a bit but it still worked.

th_100_1186.jpg

th_100_1192.jpg

I need some help. I know this thread is mostly for the "quilt" afghans (which I am still working on my first one). I need some ideas on a different project. I am doing a tunisian graph blanket of a cross. (white cross, gray shadow and pink background). I am planning on hand stitching vines on it and then make crochet flowers and sew them on seperatly, giving it a 3d effect. Or at least this is my plan.. But I am stuck on a nice border about the blanket. Maybe 3 to 5 inches wide. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a little lacy? Or can you point me to which thread other thread I should post this to. I know I don't post much here but I do come by and read every day. You always put a smile on my face and make me feel welcome when I do post.

Thanks Ladies,

Michele

Hi Ladies. :manyheart I know I don't pop in often but ya know.......life kinda tires me out these days. I did get talked into making a scarf which led to a hat. Jaden saw a snake scarf on CPC (he was sitting next to me when I was surfing just for fun) & just had to have it. Well, I couldn't leave him with an unmatched hat so......I made him the set this afternoon, evening & just finished. :cheer

The scarf is a pattern at CPC & the hat is a variation of one found right here on the ville. I had to change it a bit but it still worked.

th_100_1186.jpg

th_100_1192.jpg

Oh Tab that is just TOO cute! And Jaden's adorable as always :manyheart

I need some help. I know this thread is mostly for the "quilt" afghans (which I am still working on my first one). I need some ideas on a different project. I am doing a tunisian graph blanket of a cross. (white cross, gray shadow and pink background). I am planning on hand stitching vines on it and then make crochet flowers and sew them on seperatly, giving it a 3d effect. Or at least this is my plan.. But I am stuck on a nice border about the blanket. Maybe 3 to 5 inches wide. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a little lacy? Or can you point me to which thread other thread I should post this to. I know I don't post much here but I do come by and read every day. You always put a smile on my face and make me feel welcome when I do post.

Thanks Ladies,

Michele

Okay I know absolutely zero about tunisian :lol BUT you can post in the Crochet Help section and I'm sure you'll find lots of folks who can help :D

Tabby, that's a wonderful hat and scarf set! So cute!

Michele, I use a row of half double crochet alternating with a row of double crochet for a lot of my borders. I always (almost always) start and end with the half double crochet row. 5 rows is about 3 inches wide. I put 3 hdcs in each corner stitch and 5 dcs. Hope that helps.

Thanks Ladies,

Michele

:hi OOOH, Oooh, ME, ME!!! I know a good one!

It's the shell border - http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o196/krochetkrystal/122007daisy.jpg

It's simple to do and you can go on and on and on as wide as you want with the border. :yes

th_100_1186.jpg

th_100_1192.jpg

Tabby, that is sooooooo cute. :yes And Jaden looks very impressed with his new set, too. :D Very cute.

th_100_1186.jpg

th_100_1192.jpg

Tabby its great to see ya. The hat and scarf set are very cute. :clap

Hey Tab :manyheart

Long time, no see ! Jaden is so cute in the snake scarf -- it sounds like something Cam would like.

What is it with boys and snakes ? They always like the scarey stuff ! :lol

Anyhow, hope you are doing ok . I'm sorta semi-back ,part-time, every other Thursday, an occasional Leap Year Sunday and odd moments when I don't remember where I am....

You can see that I am just as mentally balanced as usual .:D

Long time, no see ! Jaden is so cute in the snake scarf -- it sounds like something Cam would like.

Anyhow, hope you are doing ok . I'm sorta semi-back ,part-time, every other Thursday, an occasional Leap Year Sunday and odd moments when I don't remember where I am....

Maybe it has something to do with boys being made of "snakes and snails and puppy dog tails." :lol And were we supposed to be mentally balanced :think? I think someone forgot to tell me that :wink

":hi OOOH, Oooh, ME, ME!!! I know a good one!

It's the shell border"

Krystal.. where might I find the instructions for this shell border.. I am sure I have done the shell stitch before but don't remember for sure.

Thanks,

Michele

Let me surf around my blog ... I'm pretty sure it's on there soemwhere.

Tabby, that set is soooo cute....love your Jaden, too:c9

Hi, Julie....is next week the knee surgery?? ANd could you PM me with your correct email? It bounced back on me...and sometimes snail mail is too slow.

Happy Friday, ladies. :)

Tabby, Jaden is so cute in his scarf and hat! You did good, Mom. :manyheart

Linda, it sounds like the border is going to be perfect. Can't wait for pictures. :yes

Hi Michele! I hope you get the border figured out. Everyone knows how much trouble I have deciding, so I sure won't be much help. :lol

DH leaves for the airport again in about an hour, so I'll check in a little later.

And were we supposed to be mentally balanced :think? I think someone forgot to tell me that :wink

Not in this group :rofl

:hi Julie

I am not sure about the mentally part, but I am balanced. :yes I have my yarn in one hand and hook (or needles) in the other. :D

Oh! Excellent quote! :tup

Happy Friday, ladies. :)

Tabby, Jaden is so cute in his scarf and hat! You did good, Mom. :manyheart

Linda, it sounds like the border is going to be perfect. Can't wait for pictures. :yes

Hi Michele! I hope you get the border figured out. Everyone knows how much trouble I have deciding, so I sure won't be much help. :lol

DH leaves for the airport again in about an hour, so I'll check in a little later.

So a week of crocheting and easy suppers again already? :D

Oh I am up way too early. That rotten little Tuon was VERY insistent on being fed an hour early :cat Crazy cat :lol I had to make a couple of phone calls anyway so I guess it's okay....just this once :lol

Yesterday was my day out and it wore me plum out :whew Didn't get a lot done on the baby blanket but today's a new day :hook

Thanks everyone!! :manyheart

:lol I still love ya.

Maybe it has something to do with boys being made of "snakes and snails and puppy dog tails." :lol And were we supposed to be mentally balanced :think? I think someone forgot to tell me that :wink

:rofl I sure hope not otherwise i'm in trouble.

I've been rearranging my sewing room this afternoon and just realized it's Friday. :lol Here is the current scorecard - please let me know if you find mistakes. Everyone is welcome to join and the details are below my signature. :hook

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Donna (sewnsew) 1228

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 837

Wendy (Aussie) ***812

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 671

Heather (hseger) 671

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***635

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 309

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Mary (Skysmom) *** 214

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 190

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Jessica (jessicagil) 97

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

I am not sure about the mentally part, but I am balanced. :yes I have my yarn in one hand and hook (or needles) in the other. :D

:lol great quote.

Julie howdy doody :hi

Oh I am up way too early. That rotten little Tuon was VERY insistent on being fed an hour early :cat Crazy cat :lol I had to make a couple of phone calls anyway so I guess it's okay....just this once :lol

Yesterday was my day out and it wore me plum out :whew Didn't get a lot done on the baby blanket but today's a new day :hook

Yep when cats want something they want it now and will walk all over you literally to get it. :lol

Hi Tabby!

Cara ~ Would you please give us another sneak peek at your Angel pattern? I'm sorting through yarn and would love to see if I have any appropriate colors. Thanks! :manyheart

Mary that Angel ghan is gorgeous isnt it, wonder how hard it is to do.

Hi Tabby!

Cara ~ Would you please give us another sneak peek at your Angel pattern? I'm sorting through yarn and would love to see if I have any appropriate colors. Thanks! :manyheart

Sure thing :D Here's the link. I need to start making certain I have enough as well :hook

Archived