Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Morning everyone.

I counted up all the squares I've done this week. I've gotten 53 solids done on the two quilts this week. The garden quilt is really coming along too. I only have 8 more rows to do on it.

Alright gotta go get ready. It's time to head out the door. See you all this afternoon.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tell you, I cannot wait for that cold front to come in tonight! Although it's kind of nice to be able to air the place out. I'll be doing a lot of cleaning this afternoon, so it'll be nice to have fresh air coming in before we get socked in with super cold.

It's 19 degrees with strong winds here this morning! :wgrin

Morning everyone.

I counted up all the squares I've done this week. I've gotten 53 solids done on the two quilts this week. The garden quilt is really coming along too. I only have 8 more rows to do on it.

Alright gotta go get ready. It's time to head out the door. See you all this afternoon.

Super progress, Donna! 53 more added to the list. :hook

Howdy everyone,

I have been very busy trying to finish the butterfly ghans and the Grecian Tile Tablecloth. Im happy to say Im on the borders of all 3 ghans. Hope to have photos for you all before xmas.

Hi Wendy. Wow! You are almost there...congratulations on having it all done in time for Christmas. :cheer

Good Morning, all. :) Granny's party went fine and several of the nursing staff came, too. She's not always sure of what is going on, but seemed to enjoy the singing and balloons. :manyheart

Today is "get organized day." It's looking like at least 13 for Christmas, so I'd better be organized. :lol

Good afternoon, everyone. John is on his way home. The deer won! The hunters got skunked again this weekend.:D

I've got one more gift to get wrapped before he gets home. I think we'll decorate the tree then.

More cold is moving from my head to my chest. Yuck! :( At least John is off work now for a while, so maybe I can get rested up and kick it. The sun is out today which also is a big help to my mood if nothing else. It's quite a bit chillier and very windy here today.

I'm off to get busy. More later.

It's 19 degrees with strong winds here this morning! :wgrin

That's pretty chilly, Mary! It's 39 here, which is about as warm as it's projected to get. Tonight it's supposed to get into the upper 20s! I love this weather!

Hi everyone, I'm hopping back onto the saltine bandwagon today. In a little bit, I'm going to a knit and crochet meetup. It's at a private home, so it's a party, with a yarn exchange and food and stuff. I've been doing so much holiday crochet, today is just for me. I'm going to work on a scarf I'm making for myself (in Debbie Bliss baby Cashmerino, a nice cashmere/wool blend that's super soft!), and I'm going to work on some saltines for my Casa. For the first 60 I made, I weaved in all the ends, but thanks to Wendy, I know to leave tails for the sewing, so that's what I'll do! I might actually have that Casa made sometime before I turn 50! :lol

Mary - another 20 solids for me please. Once my little checker board is complete I'll post a picture. Then I may not be making too many new saltines for a little while. I have a bunch made that need to be put together into something (probably more baby blankies)

Morning everyone.

Your making great progress. :cheer

Hi Wendy. Wow! You are almost there...congratulations on having it all done in time for Christmas. :cheer

Good Morning, all. :) Granny's party went fine and several of the nursing staff came, too. She's not always sure of what is going on, but seemed to enjoy the singing and balloons. :manyheart

Today is "get organized day." It's looking like at least 13 for Christmas, so I'd better be organized. :lol

Im glad the party went well. Wow 13 people, thats a lot of people to feed.

Good afternoon, everyone. John is on his way home. The deer won! The hunters got skunked again this weekend.:D

I've got one more gift to get wrapped before he gets home. I think we'll decorate the tree then.

More cold is moving from my head to my chest. Yuck! :( At least John is off work now for a while, so maybe I can get rested up and kick it. The sun is out today which also is a big help to my mood if nothing else. It's quite a bit chillier and very windy here today.

Linda hope you feel better soon. :hug

Hi everyone, I'm hopping back onto the saltine bandwagon today. In a little bit, I'm going to a knit and crochet meetup. It's at a private home, so it's a party, with a yarn exchange and food and stuff. I've been doing so much holiday crochet, today is just for me. I'm going to work on a scarf I'm making for myself (in Debbie Bliss baby Cashmerino, a nice cashmere/wool blend that's super soft!), and I'm going to work on some saltines for my Casa. For the first 60 I made, I weaved in all the ends, but thanks to Wendy, I know to leave tails for the sewing, so that's what I'll do! I might actually have that Casa made sometime before I turn 50! :lol

What a great idea to have a yarn party.

Mary - another 20 solids for me please. Once my little checker board is complete I'll post a picture. Then I may not be making too many new saltines for a little while. I have a bunch made that need to be put together into something (probably more baby blankies)

Is the checkerboard a Christmas present.

Is the checkerboard a Christmas present.

It is. Hubby volunteers with Big Brothers Organization (a group that provides an adult male influence in father absent homes - also for girls too - Big Sisters) and he asked me to make a checker board for his little brother who is 7 years old. I still need to sew the squares together and finish making the rest of the checkers. He's getting together with him on Tuesday afternoon so it has to be done by then. I'll post a picture when it's done.

Mary

I hope your holiday celebration turns out wonderful. You don't sound like the type who would get frazzled,( like I do,) so I bet you'll keep calm,cool and collected and everything will go fine .

Thank you, Julie! But I have been known to get frazzled once in a while. ;)

Yay for the deer! I'm so sorry about your cold...feel better soon. :hug

You can do it! Glad you're back making saltines with us. :)

20 added to the list! Looking forward to seeing the checkerboard. :yes

Hi Wendy! Are you finished with the borders? Pictures, please. :D

Sounds a lot like Peyton at his 1st b-day party today :rofl I'm glad the party went well :hug

Oh dear. I'm sorry your cold in on the move :( Hopefully you can have a few days rest now with John home :hug

It is. Hubby volunteers with Big Brothers Organization (a group that provides an adult male influence in father absent homes - also for girls too - Big Sisters) and he asked me to make a checker board for his little brother who is 7 years old. I still need to sew the squares together and finish making the rest of the checkers. He's getting together with him on Tuesday afternoon so it has to be done by then. I'll post a picture when it's done.

Awww that's so sweet of you to do that for him :manyheart

The dragon is done!!! Now to find a box and wrap it! I have it posted here.

Oh that is just too cotton pickin' cute! Great job :clap

So we're home again. I'm bushed :P It was nice and small which was perfect. Got to spend lots of time with little Peyton. He's grown so much just in the past month it seems. And he's still just a little lovely doll. My sisters and I hate his mom (niece) though. Our babies, including Peyton's mother, were such demon children and he's such a good natured kid :lol

Gonna go check the other posts then I might hit the hay. That hotel we got that supposedly had this fabulous bedding was awful! Need my nice comfy bed with the permanent grooove that fits my big ol' rear end in it :rofl

And! I have saltines to report today! I went ahead and did some when I finished the dragon rather than work on my friend's afghan or the baby one. I did go buy yarn for it today. I had fun at Michael's :D

13 solids please!

And! I have saltines to report today! I went ahead and did some when I finished the dragon rather than work on my friend's afghan or the baby one. I did go buy yarn for it today. I had fun at Michael's :D

13 solids please!

We stopped at Michaels when we got back in town tonight. But the sale started at 4 and we didn't get there til 6:30 so just about everything was gone. I didn't get anything :no

The dragon is done!!! Now to find a box and wrap it! I have it posted here.

Oh he is so cute. :clap

Hi Wendy! Are you finished with the borders? Pictures, please. :D

Yep I have finished the borders on the butterfly ghans and just over half a row left on the Grecian tile Tablecloth. Will put photos in here tonight.

So we're home again. I'm bushed :P It was nice and small which was perfect. Got to spend lots of time with little Peyton. He's grown so much just in the past month it seems. And he's still just a little lovely doll. My sisters and I hate his mom (niece) though. Our babies, including Peyton's mother, were such demon children and he's such a good natured kid :lol

Gonna go check the other posts then I might hit the hay. That hotel we got that supposedly had this fabulous bedding was awful! Need my nice comfy bed with the permanent grooove that fits my big ol' rear end in it :rofl

Im glad you all had a great time. Yes there is nothing better than your own bed.

Oh wait. Has anyone heard from Erin today? Maybe she's in labor :D

Oh yes I wonder too if she has had the baby.

A few days & i'll start..... i swear!

We will hold you to that. :lol What pattern are you doing.

Here is the Grecian Tile Tablecloth.

It measures 60inches X 115inches. It took 18 skeins of green and 10 skeins of white (100grm each) to do this one.

My cats were inspecting it to make sure I had done it right.:lol

th_PC220095.jpg

th_PC220096.jpg This shows the border I did and I used the last 3 rows of the pattern as the border.

Morning everyone.

That dragon is adorable. I love how it turned out.

Gotta go feed the kids. They say they're starving :rolleyes So I am going to feed them so we can head out and run our few errands before I can decide to put it off till another day.

Good morning! Sorry I havent been around much, and even more sadly its not because of the baby!! my brain is kinda just gone at this point. We got snowed in for a little while Friday then had the rehearsal dinner/rehearsal, wedding Saturday and both me and hubby did not feel good yesterday. Im feeling better sickness wise, him not so much. He never gets sick so hes really frustrated. My nerves are really beating on me right about now! This really is the blizzard of 08. We had more than 100 cars involved in accidents on one like 40 mile stretch of highway so it was shut down for a while. Lucky for us that was more by the lakeshore and not in our town, however hubby went out yesterday and said it wasn't very nice, plus everyone trying to shop. It has been snowing steady for at LEAST a few hours now, so we will see what its like. Rural roads haven't even really been plowed in over a day now, and they cannot salt the roads because of temps being so low. At least we're up to 16 degrees today, cause yesterday was 2 with narly wind chills.

We go to the doctors in an hour to figure out if anythings happening with this whole giving birth thing lol. My moods are so grim and hes only 3 days late. I think its just cause of the holidays. They will most likely set us up with an inducing date today too....maybe that will scare my body into motion.

Here is the Grecian Tile Tablecloth.

It measures 60inches X 115inches. It took 18 skeins of green and 10 skeins of white (100grm each) to do this one.

My cats were inspecting it to make sure I had done it right.:lol

th_PC220095.jpg

th_PC220096.jpg This shows the border I did and I used the last 3 rows of the pattern as the border.

It's gorgeous!

Archived