Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Here are the scores as of today. As always, please let me know if any changes need to be made. :hook

Cara (Misa)

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1256

Shay (Shaylen) 1166

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1119

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1033

Val (Priszm) 1008

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***932

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 834

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Judy (judianne) 512

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Dusti (rii698) *** 448

Selanda (crocrazy) 326

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Jessica (jessicagil) 167

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Donna (sewnsew) *** 164

Cherri (Cherri) 156

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Tam (teakaycee) 117

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Nicole (nicolep) 94

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Cara!

Kristy ~ Your graph ghan idea sounds adorable! Can't wait to see pictures. :hook

Hi Nicole and Judy. :waving

Linda ~ Your recipes sound delicious! Are you working on anything special?

It is 100 degrees and still climbing.:hot Gracie has her class at 3:30 and I'm sure not looking forward to taking her out in this.

Morning Mary! :hi Yep, 101* here already. I'm definitely not looking forward to getting out in it. The truck's gonna be hot. Thank goodness for the fabric upholstery and "Texas Package" a/c. :lol

Hi Ladies!!

I started my new squares project. I am making a 5' by 5' afghan for my 4yo niece's new bedroom. Her room is lavender and pink and full of butterflies. I am going to do a 30" by 30" graphghan block of a butterfly using Paton's Be Mine in lavender and pink so the butterfly will have fuzzy texture. Then I am going to add bright pink and white saltines in a checker board pattern all around it. I am hoping it will turn out how it looks in my head, lol.

Kristy, that sounds adorable. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Rosie's friend, Candy, arrived for a 5 day visit today. She was Rosie's quilting buddy until they moved down here. They are already working on a quilt in lots of different black & white material. It will be squares within squares alternating with diamonds within squares. It should be very striking when done. Cutting out the pieces it very nit-picky and time-consuming. Earlier today, Candy was cutting, Rosie was ironing, and I was kabitzing with them. Now I'm back home and crocheting on another preemie afghan done scrappy-doo style.

At one point today we had the sun shining and rain pouring down. :sun:rain Now it's just overcast.

Just wanted to share why I haven't posted like I meant to :( :

Click me!

Hopefully, after I get some sleep (a LOT of :sleep sleep), I'll be able to post an update, photos of the first two rows, and just post!

Good night :night or good morning ladies (depends on your timezone!)

~Nina

Click me!

Hopefully, after I get some sleep (a LOT of :sleep sleep), I'll be able to post an update, photos of the first two rows, and just post!

~Nina

Oh you poor thing! Yes, get lots of sleep and I sure hope you feel better real soon :hug

Click me!

~Nina

At least you know what's going on! I hope you feel stronger very soon!

:hug

We got a photo of little Miss Hailey tonight!

[ATTACH]3939[/ATTACH]

Isn't she sweet in her little pink polka dot outfit? :manyheart

Oh, she's adorable!:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, we're having cooler temps today. 99 as opposed to 101 :rofl :rofl I'll be staying in today doing laundry and working on stuff for a swap. :hook

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Click me!

~Nina

Oh, Nina, I hope you get to feeling much better very soon. That's one good thing about prednisone, it helps you feel better. Rest well.

Oh, Cara, Hailey is adorable. A beautiful baby.

I haven't done a lot today. I'm hanging pictures currently. I'm putting up some that I haven't had on display in a long time, including a wooden dragon made for me by my uncle in collaboration with my mom back in 1995. It was my Christmas present that year and one of the last wooden scroll-work items that my uncle made before he died. I've also replaced burned out light bulbs and hung a bulletin board by my sewing machine, so I can put my patterns in easy sight when I'm sewing. Not a lot of energy today so everything is being done slowly and a little at a time.

[ATTACH]3939[/ATTACH]

What a sweetie! She is gorgeoous.

Hi Cara!

Kristy ~ Your graph ghan idea sounds adorable! Can't wait to see pictures. :hook

Hi Nicole and Judy. :waving

Linda ~ Your recipes sound delicious! Are you working on anything special?

It is 100 degrees and still climbing.:hot Gracie has her class at 3:30 and I'm sure not looking forward to taking her out in this.

Hi! How was Gracie's class?

Kristy, that sounds adorable. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Rosie's friend, Candy, arrived for a 5 day visit today. She was Rosie's quilting buddy until they moved down here. They are already working on a quilt in lots of different black & white material. It will be squares within squares alternating with diamonds within squares. It should be very striking when done. Cutting out the pieces it very nit-picky and time-consuming. Earlier today, Candy was cutting, Rosie was ironing, and I was kabitzing with them. Now I'm back home and crocheting on another preemie afghan done scrappy-doo style.

At one point today we had the sun shining and rain pouring down. :sun:rain Now it's just overcast.

The quilt Rosie and Candy is working on sounds wonderful! Have fun with the preemie afghan. Post pics! :D

Click me!

~Nina

:hug Feel better soon!

Well, we're having cooler temps today. 99 as opposed to 101 :rofl :rofl I'll be staying in today doing laundry and working on stuff for a swap. :hook

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

It's cooler here today, too. The high is going to be like 84, which is substantially cooler than you all. I'm doing housework and stuff today, too. I'm not happy about it...I haven't been able to do any crocheting this weekend. :(

Oh, Nina, I hope you get to feeling much better very soon. That's one good thing about prednisone, it helps you feel better. Rest well.

Oh, Cara, Hailey is adorable. A beautiful baby.

I haven't done a lot today. I'm hanging pictures currently. I'm putting up some that I haven't had on display in a long time, including a wooden dragon made for me by my uncle in collaboration with my mom back in 1995. It was my Christmas present that year and one of the last wooden scroll-work items that my uncle made before he died. I've also replaced burned out light bulbs and hung a bulletin board by my sewing machine, so I can put my patterns in easy sight when I'm sewing. Not a lot of energy today so everything is being done slowly and a little at a time.

I don't know about you, but I could use a nap. :lol

I went to a baseball game last night. The Indianapolis Indians are a minor league team. Baseball is my first love. It was a really good game...one of the best baseball games I've seen in a while. The Indians won...if they hadn't it wouldn't have been such a good game. :devil Now I'm watching the NASCAR race and cleaning. I wish my house would clean itself... Once I'm done doing that I'm going to start working on the angel. I seriously need to get in gear.

I hope you all are doing well!

Hi Everyone. :hi

Click me!

~Nina

Oh, Nina. So very sorry you're going through so much. :hug I hope you're feeling better after some sleep. And you know we love pictures! ;)

Cara, Hailey is precious. :c9 She looks like a healthy, happy baby already!

Nicole ~ We're baseball fans, too. The Rangers are having a pretty good year. :yes But you won't find me at any games when it's 100 degrees. :lol

Linda, I need you to come get me organized. :yes You sure come from a talented family - your Uncle's woodworking sounds wonderful!

Gracie did pretty well at class yesterday...if you count playing and making everyone laugh. :lol She does much better with commands at home, but she gets so excited to be with the other puppies...I think we'll be repeating kindergarten. :D

Gracie did pretty well at class yesterday...if you count playing and making everyone laugh. :lol She does much better with commands at home, but she gets so excited to be with the other puppies...I think we'll be repeating kindergarten. :D

Oh no! Gracie's going to be left back :rofl At least it sounds like she (and you and the rest of class) is enjoying it :lol

Oh no! Gracie's going to be left back :rofl At least it sounds like she (and you and the rest of class) is enjoying it :lol

Yep! I truly think she is storing up all this knowledge and will get an A someday. :idea:D

Yay! I'm reporting 32 solids! :yay

Oohhhh, Hailey is soooo cute!!! I remember when my two used to sleep with their arms up like that, lol.

I have done 113 solid pink squares. Now to get a couple hours in on my graphghan (I can only work on it at night when the kids are sleeping). Night all!

Good morning everyone. I have gone and done it now. I was looking for zippers for a project Rosie and Candy are working on and I ran across some of my grandmother's crochet books and a project she had started a LONG time ago. Who knows when, but she hadn't worked with size 30 crochet thread for many years before she died. The pattern is from 1951 and the thread is from Woolworth's and is marked 50 cents which at a guess would put it back in the 1970's. It's a pair of pillow cases with a morning glory pattern printed on them to be embroidered (none of which is done.) One of them has been hemmed on the bottom and side. The other has not. Yeah, that's right. They came without being actually sewn into the pillow case shape, just as a flat piece of material. Which makes them older than the 1970's by quite a bit. She had started on the crocheted edging of the first one and the pattern book it's from is with it. However, the pattern is for the edging on a handkerchief and I have no idea how much of the pattern she was planning to put on the pillowcases. There are 15 rounds to the pattern. And there is no hook with the rest of the stuff so I'm not even sure what size hook she was using, but probably a size 12 to 14 steel hook. The edging is made out of knot stitches, which I am lousy at making. Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear. :ohdear What do I do with this project? :shrug What I'd like to do is finish it. :yes BUT........I don't really know where she was going with it. Any thoughts? Suggestions &/or comments requested.

Good morning everyone. I have gone and done it now. I was looking for zippers for a project Rosie and Candy are working on and I ran across some of my grandmother's crochet books and a project she had started a LONG time ago. Who knows when, but she hadn't worked with size 30 crochet thread for many years before she died. The pattern is from 1951 and the thread is from Woolworth's and is marked 50 cents which at a guess would put it back in the 1970's. It's a pair of pillow cases with a morning glory pattern printed on them to be embroidered (none of which is done.) One of them has been hemmed on the bottom and side. The other has not. Yeah, that's right. They came without being actually sewn into the pillow case shape, just as a flat piece of material. Which makes them older than the 1970's by quite a bit. She had started on the crocheted edging of the first one and the pattern book it's from is with it. However, the pattern is for the edging on a handkerchief and I have no idea how much of the pattern she was planning to put on the pillowcases. There are 15 rounds to the pattern. And there is no hook with the rest of the stuff so I'm not even sure what size hook she was using, but probably a size 12 to 14 steel hook. The edging is made out of knot stitches, which I am lousy at making. Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear. :ohdear What do I do with this project? :shrug What I'd like to do is finish it. :yes BUT........I don't really know where she was going with it. Any thoughts? Suggestions &/or comments requested.

I don’t have any real words of wisdom for you. I think that it would be a wonderful project if you take it over from here going your own direction. You know, not so much figuring out what she was doing as figuring out a way to combine both of your talents. Am I making sense? Here’s what I’m trying to say :lol

Decide how you can best finish out the project without thinking too much about what she had planned. Wouldn’t it be wonderful at the end to see how the both of you contributed to making it beautiful?

Wow. That sounds like a seriously ambitious project :yes I'm no good with thread so I have no suggestions at all :no

I'm back to trying to get up earlier. Just seems like the day slips away before I know it.

I have some swap projects to finish up (or at least get farther on :lol) today and the laundry.

We might get rain today :yay It was supposed to rain last night but that didn't happen. The temps will be down to a nice 96* today too :rofl I'll be very glad when summer is over :yes

Catching up on posts that I seem to have missed:

Okay, Crystal, now you've done it. :2nono Green Tree and Big Lots do have yarn here. It's like two big bins and everything tossed in, but it's nice stuff. And it's all at $1/skein or less. Damage to my pocketbook: 12 six ounce skeins of TLC Essentials in Red Plum (about 3750 yards); 16 50 gram skeins of Phentex, Fashion Eight in Sable (about 1150 yards). All for about $30. :yay Thanks for the tip. :hug

Oooh! :drool I need to find me a place with yarn that cheap!!! :bounce

Kay, off to do more forum reading! :D

I already put up one post here, but I wanted to share the sad, sad news. :(

My G-hook is missing:thumbdown.... and that's the hook I've been using for my squares!:cry:cry:cry

I took my purse/bag and yarn with me to the hospital on Saturday, and stuck in my scissors, hook, and needle in the side pocket, like I always do. And last night, I thought I could do some crochet, and lo and behold...everything is there...except the hook! :eek

The thing that I don't get :think, is that I have other things in that side pocket other than my crochet stuff, other smaller things. So, if the purse just got turned over, than other things would have fallen out as well, but nothing else is missing. My theory, is that I might have absentmindely taken the hook out, and misplaced it. :2blush

So, no square crocheting for me, until I make it out to some craft store and replace my hook. And that may well take me a few days, as I'm not really up for driving. :drive

So, I'll be spending my day reading Crochetville and reading the book I'm on. :(

~Nina

I already put up one post here, but I wanted to share the sad, sad news. :(

My G-hook is missing:thumbdown.... and that's the hook I've been using for my squares!:cry:cry:cry

I took my purse/bag and yarn with me to the hospital on Saturday, and stuck in my scissors, hook, and needle in the side pocket, like I always do. And last night, I thought I could do some crochet, and lo and behold...everything is there...except the hook! :eek

The thing that I don't get :think, is that I have other things in that side pocket other than my crochet stuff, other smaller things. So, if the purse just got turned over, than other things would have fallen out as well, but nothing else is missing. My theory, is that I might have absentmindely taken the hook out, and misplaced it. :2blush

So, no square crocheting for me, until I make it out to some craft store and replace my hook. And that may well take me a few days, as I'm not really up for driving. :drive

So, I'll be spending my day reading Crochetville and reading the book I'm on. :(

~Nina

Oh, no!!!! I hate it when that happens. I've taken to buying lots of my favorite crooks just to prevent it from happening and so that I can leave the hook I'm using with the project when I have multiples going. That way I don't forget what hook I'm using with the project when I come back to it.

Kim is sick. Not much sleep last night, coughing up gunk last night, and spent most of the night in the recliner so she could breath, and fever this morning. I made her an appointment with the doctor for 1:00 and John came home from work and took her. He sees the same doctor, so he's going to sneak in a recheck on himself at the same time since he still feels crappy. And he's working from home the rest of the day, too. I wish we could all kick this stuff. It's nasty.

Oh, no!!!! I hate it when that happens. I've taken to buying lots of my favorite crooks just to prevent it from happening and so that I can leave the hook I'm using with the project when I have multiples going. That way I don't forget what hook I'm using with the project when I come back to it.

Kim is sick. Not much sleep last night, coughing up gunk last night, and spent most of the night in the recliner so she could breath, and fever this morning. I made her an appointment with the doctor for 1:00 and John came home from work and took her. He sees the same doctor, so he's going to sneak in a recheck on himself at the same time since he still feels crappy. And he's working from home the rest of the day, too. I wish we could all kick this stuff. It's nasty.

Linda T. - Since I'm just getting back into Crochet :crocheting, I don't yet have that many hooks. I just had two I-hooks from learning, and basic projects before. And I got 3 more a few weeks ago, for the projects I'm working on (on have one of the projects started. I guess I'll start buying doubles :hook:hook of hooks when I start crocheting more...

About Kim. Awww, I hope she feels better. Summer is the worst time to be sick with respiratory stuff, it's so hot and humid. I hope she and John feel better! :yay

~Nina

Archived