Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Oh Cara that will be so much fun.

Worked on the angel yesterday. 26 more solids to report. I also got three rows done on it. Well I'm still finishing up the third row. But still. :D

Excellent! :h5

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Happy House Ladies. :)

Selanda ~ Yes! We'd love to see pictures. :hook

Welcome, Jess. Cara's advice about joining as you go is so true. Of course, some of us :blush don't always follow it and regret it later. :lol

Donna, you're making great progress. :cheer 26 more solids added.

Cara ~ Have fun at JoAnn's. :yarn

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Jess, welcome! I just finished putting together my first quilt-ghan. I did Karen's baby 9 patch and I just have to do the border to finish it. Have you considered Vanna's Choice or the Caron Pounds? Caron Pounds aren't as soft as CSS, but when you wash them they do get softer.

Oh I'm beat and broke :rofl :rofl I bought way too much but boy did I have fun :D Everything today was fabric related. Great sales on the fabric and on quilting notions. And believe it or not I saw a new yarn. Deborah Norville now has a yarn out. Yep, it's a sport weight. $3.49 for 3.5 oz which is pretty great for SW but I was already pushing it :lol

Jess, welcome! I just finished putting together my first quilt-ghan. I did Karen's baby 9 patch and I just have to do the border to finish it. Have you considered Vanna's Choice or the Caron Pounds? Caron Pounds aren't as soft as CSS, but when you wash them they do get softer.

I am annoyingly texture sensitive. It's not even just the softness of the finished project, it's can my fingers stand working with this yarn :yarn as I'm crocheting :crocheting.

Heh, there are far too many fun little smiles here. :):yay

I'm thinking of popping over to Woodland today just to see if the JoAnn's has any decent stock. It's so small, though, that I almost never have any luck there.

Though, I really should finish this midterm before I embark on a new project. It's not as if I don't have two afghans and a scarf all in progress right now, either.. :P

I also want to resize some pictures to post later today to show off some of what I've made. I keep forgetting to take pictures of things, which is stupid because I'm a photography addict who has around 15 gigs of pictures on her computer from the last few years alone. I got my best friend to take pictures of the blanket I made her for Christmas, and then I used my cell phone to take pictures of a scarf I finished Friday. My good camera is on camups in my lab office. I have a few other pictures on my computer, too, that I'll put up as well.

Cara, your shopping trip sounds like a success. :yes

Hi Jess~We love pictures. :D

Tammy~130 squares are added to the list. Way to go!

Tracy~Great progress on Miss Angel...I should use a snail for my avatar since I'm so slow. :lol

Hi Val! Is there a trip to JoAnn's in your future? ;)

Hi Val! Is there a trip to JoAnn's in your future? ;)

Possibly since I'm swimming in coupons again :lol I really want to do a small afghan for Sissy's 2009 Charity so I'm thinking of going to pick up some Caron Pounds. I'm leaning towards doing the Vanna's 5 1/2 hour pattern, although it tends to take me longer than 5 1/2 hours. I like the simple V stitch. Nice and quick.

Howdy doody everyone :hi

Mary I have 32 solids and 7 bicolors thanks.

I've almost finished packing and will soon be ready to go. I'm taking the turquoise and white yarn to start the snowflake quiltghan, thread for snowflakes and angels, and the yarn for one of my February scarves. Also a book, cards, and scented candles for the other gals for Valentine's Day gifts. I've got Sarge restocked on food and water and litter.

:vheart

Have a great time. :hug

Has anyone doen any saltines and projects here using variegated yarn?? I have some left over from an afghan I am making and am contemplating using it in a quilt-ghan of some sort. Starting to think about this :yes

Yes my ATW I used varigated yarn in it. You can see it in my finished items in my siggie.

:lol

:manyheart To All on this wonderful site. Haven't posted in awhile but been reading posts (or trying to ) on daily basis. It's so active here! :lol I'm still trying to finish Christmas Granny before starting on my ATW. Everyone else will be through before I can even get started!!

Since I just picked my :hook back up right before Christmas I have to just make my crochet time and now different ones are wanting stuff before I can even get through. But I must say I am learning lots just by reading all of your posts and beginning to actually feel very creative! Although I find I have so much to learn also! :( But I enjoy it here and just wanted to say thank you all! :hug

Howdy welcome back. :hi

Well, okay.. I have to admit the idea of joining a ton of little squares sounds a tad bit tedious to me since my track record with finishing square block projects isn't very good. Of course, the ones I never finished were items I intended to keep, while the few granny square projects I did finish were for gifts.

However, I am excited to see all these quilt-ghan patterns because I do love quilts.. I'm just pretty hopeless with a sewing machine. (Trust me on this one. I have many talents, so I'm not just selling myself short here or anything... Sewing just is not one of those talents. Hehe.)

So, I'm challenging myself to make one for my best friend's wedding in December of next year. She's going to look at the patterns on the website and let me know which one they both like.

I figure if I pace myself between other projects and schoolwork.. The 22 months or so I'll have by the time they pick a pattern and I go by the yarn should be enough to actually get one done.

Plus, if I do this as part of this CAL (my first since I am, obviously, new to these boards) that should be the motivation I need to *not* decide I'm sick of starting new squares or sick of stitching them together... And I'll actually finish.

Welcome to the group, you will really enjoy making these patterns.

Welcome! I warn you not to join us at the Sky CAL. Just stay here. :yes

:laughroll

:rofl

Oh I'm beat and broke :rofl :rofl I bought way too much but boy did I have fun :D Everything today was fabric related. Great sales on the fabric and on quilting notions. And believe it or not I saw a new yarn. Deborah Norville now has a yarn out. Yep, it's a sport weight. $3.49 for 3.5 oz which is pretty great for SW but I was already pushing it :lol

Sounds like you had a great time.

I am FINALLY done with the flag ghan!! :cheer Here it is.....

th_100_1197.jpg

th_100_1198.jpg

th_100_1199.jpg

Tabby its just gorgeous. Well done. :clap

I have two saltine patterns ready for when I have finished the Angel ghan, the Owen ghan and the pink/chocolate ghan. :hook

Thats fantastic Tracy :cheer

Hi everyone. :)

I have two saltine patterns ready for when I have finished the Angel ghan, the Owen ghan and the pink/chocolate ghan. :hook

You'll hit 2000 again in no time. :D

Possibly since I'm swimming in coupons again :lol I really want to do a small afghan for Sissy's 2009 Charity so I'm thinking of going to pick up some Caron Pounds. I'm leaning towards doing the Vanna's 5 1/2 hour pattern, although it tends to take me longer than 5 1/2 hours. I like the simple V stitch. Nice and quick.

I love the v stitch, too. What colors are you thinking about using?:yarn

Howdy doody everyone :hi

Mary I have 32 solids and 7 bicolors thanks.

They're added! :yes

Cara, I really like your February scarf pattern. :cheer Your site looks great and thanks for the pattern!

I'm off to the post office and store. It's a chilly, cloudy day so I think crocheting is in order for this afternoon. :hook

Archived