Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Actually no because it keeps making me want to fall asleep :lol

Yeah...I could see that...I actually almost fell asleep with a hook in my hand once. I was way to comfortable in my chair...:lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did work on my flag ghan this weekend & guess what?? Just as I finished sewing the last block together I noticed something was not right with the ghan. I didn't sew the two stripe blocks that were already sewn on the ghan the right way. I had to unsew the two blocks from the ghan & then dissect each block. It took me a whole afternoon to do this. :faint Then it took me the evening to sew it all back together & make the 2 squares I accidentally chopped. :blush

Through all that the good news is that I almost got it finished today. :cheerI did 3 rounds so far for the border & would like to do a couple more. I'll know when to stop, I hope. I was going to do a couple rounds of each color so the border would be red, white & blue but I think i'm just going to stick with the blue. :yes

Can't wait to see the finished ghan. What a bummer to have to take so much of it apart! And you only wrecked two!?! :eek I'd have had to redo way more than that. :lol :lol :lol

Cara, good luck at the doctor's and with the test. I hope everything turns out okay for you. :hug

I take Kim to the doctor's today, too, but just for a regular checkup.

Finished another baby nine block :yay This one is a scrappy nine block using the extra saltines I had from my ATW skeins.

th_HPIM2592.jpg

I am donating it to a friend to add to the silent auction they are having to raise money for Alternative Spring Break. ASB is a program where students here do volunteer stuff instead of party. They travel to neat places and help out with stuff. I support this program :yes

Also Mary - another 28 solids please - I'm back on the saltine making bandwagon (as if I could stay off for long...)

Finished another baby nine block :yay This one is a scrappy nine block using the extra saltines I had from my ATW skeins.

th_HPIM2592.jpg

I am donating it to a friend to add to the silent auction they are having to raise money for Alternative Spring Break. ASB is a program where students here do volunteer stuff instead of party. They travel to neat places and help out with stuff. I support this program :yes

Also Mary - another 28 solids please - I'm back on the saltine making bandwagon (as if I could stay off for long...)

It looks great! Did I ever ask what the finished size is? If so, I don't remember :lol

Good Morning, all. :)

Cara, how are you holding up? When do you get to go to bed? :manyheart

Hi Tabby! So sorry you had to redo part of your flag ghan, but being nearly finished is great news! :yay

Mary 23 Saltines please!

23 more added. :hook

Cara :hug I am barely functioning on 4 hours sleep, never mind completely sleepless! :eek Good luck with the test. :hug Your angel ghan might be completely finished, though. :hook

Tabby, great progress, even with the hold up. :hook Can't wait to see it.

Feel better soon, Tracy. :hug

th_HPIM2592.jpg

It's gorgeous, Karen! :clap 28 solids added.

Test is done?!?!? :woo

Yes, thank goodness. Now I just have to wait for my doctor to get off his duff and then call me telling me everything's fine. At least it'd better be. I don't want my driving privileges revoked again nor any of the other nasty things that could be going on. :tryme

Karen, your nine patch is gorgeous. It looks like it was planned that way, not at all like using up left-overs.

Glad the test is done, Cara. I'm hoping the results were A-Okay. :hug

Kim had a good doctor check-up. Then we went to Golden Corral for lunch. I also paid my car insurance, renewed my car tags, and renewed Kim's handicap sticker. Now for some relax time. :hook

th_HPIM2592.jpg

Karen this is fantastic.

Thank you Mary. :hug Feeling better now, doesn't hurt to cough anymore. :lol Been drinking a lot of the tea you sent with honey. Seems to soothe it a lot. :yes

Tracy glad to hear your starting to feel better.

Yes, thank goodness. Now I just have to wait for my doctor to get off his duff and then call me telling me everything's fine. At least it'd better be. I don't want my driving privileges revoked again nor any of the other nasty things that could be going on. :tryme

Glad the test is over. Hope they don't make you wait too long for the results. I'll keep my fingers crosssed.

Karen, your nine patch is gorgeous. It looks like it was planned that way, not at all like using up left-overs.

Glad the test is done, Cara. I'm hoping the results were A-Okay. :hug

Kim had a good doctor check-up. Then we went to Golden Corral for lunch. I also paid my car insurance, renewed my car tags, and renewed Kim's handicap sticker. Now for some relax time. :hook

:yayabout the news for Kim's check-up. Hope you get alot of crocheting done.

:hi Everyone,

I finished 10 more squares on my Grannyburst last night. So today is going to begin my adventure into saltine world.

I should be able to get some done while DD is doing her school work.

Hello all... I have to go get a coumadin check today then tomorrow (Tues) after 8 AM I can have NO Caffeine, NO Chocolate, I can't even have any caffeine free stuff... the only things I can drink are water, juice and milk.... after midnight I can have nothing to eat.... then Wed at 7:45AM I have to be at the Dr office for a Nuclear Stress Test which will take about 5 hours.... it s a lot of fun ... NOT ... Have to remember to take my saltines...

Good luck on the tests Shelly! I hope it's not too bad.

Karen I just love that nine patch! :cloud9

I'm working away on my geo shades. Had to stop to put down another idea I had for an easy one. Now back to work.

I finished 10 more squares on my Grannyburst last night. So today is going to begin my adventure into saltine world.

The fun begins, Pauline.

Hello all... I have to go get a coumadin check today then tomorrow (Tues) after 8 AM I can have NO Caffeine, NO Chocolate, I can't even have any caffeine free stuff... the only things I can drink are water, juice and milk.... after midnight I can have nothing to eat.... then Wed at 7:45AM I have to be at the Dr office for a Nuclear Stress Test which will take about 5 hours.... it s a lot of fun ... NOT ... Have to remember to take my saltines...

This does not sound like fun in any way, shape, or form. Good luck.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for good results. :hug

Mary I have 62 solids to report from this weekend.:D

Got alot of progress done on the angel. Now I need to work on sewing some of them together. I'm planning on getting the buff on Friday.

Way to go, Donna! I've added 62 solids.:yes

Can't wait to hear how you like the saltines. :D

Shelly, I hope your tests go okay. :manyheart

Linda, you and Kim had a very productive day! That's great news about her appt. :)

Tracy, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. What are you working on now?

Hi Heather. :hi

I've been all over the map on joining Angel squares. I think I have a system worked out now. Gee, it's not like this is my first quilt ghan. :blush Must be senioritis kicking in. :lol

th_HPIM2592.jpg

It is beautiful! :manyheart

Archived