Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Oh good grief we're all up before the sun today :lol

Judy - I tried to go to bed about 3 hours ago but sleep wasn't in the cards. Now it's almost time for Tuon's breakfast and shot. I'll go to bed after that :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, I like it when everyone is asleep and I have the house all to myself. I started that when SDR was getting up an ungodly hours to go to work - it gave me some peaceful, quiet time before DS got up for the day.

Cara, I like it when everyone is asleep and I have the house all to myself. I started that when SDR was getting up an ungodly hours to go to work - it gave me some peaceful, quiet time before DS got up for the day.

I usually do that either in the middle of the night when I can't sleep or get up early myself. BD goes back on his regular 10 a.m. start next week so I'll have some quiet before the day starts :D

Yes, it is morning here ( I am in KY) ....about 7 am. I too like getting up early and have some 'my time' Doesn't matter how late I go to bed, I nearly always wake up around 6 to 6:30 and a lot of times earlier than that. So I get up, make coffee and get on the computer.

(I just realized my location did not show so I went to CP and fixed that!)

Thanks everyone.

Cara your ATW is just as beautiful, you are still doing it arent you.

Linda M is KY Kentucky.

I dont know how you can all get up so early, I wish I could do that, I know it would be nice and peaceful for me at that time.

Yes, it is morning here ( I am in KY) ....about 7 am. I too like getting up early and have some 'my time' Doesn't matter how late I go to bed, I nearly always wake up around 6 to 6:30 and a lot of times earlier than that. So I get up, make coffee and get on the computer.

(I just realized my location did not show so I went to CP and fixed that!)

You sound like you're on the same page as I am in the morning:) This place is addictive...I'm becoming embarrashed by the number of posts I have!

SDR comes home tonight, so I'll have him for company again. My friends here are so great - I'm never alone if I don't want to be:manyheart

And thanks for the location update..I DID look at your public profile page and didn't see anything, which is why (nosy person that I am) I asked:lol

Wendy - Yup, she's in Kentucky

ANd I NEED some alone time...even when I was younger I would get up very early for work so I wouldn't have to rush......

Wendy - Yeah I'm still working on it. Just taking a break from it while I work on another project right now then I'll get back to it :yes Yes KY is Kentucky.

Judy - Don't you be embarrased by those post numbers :2nono Wear 'em with pride :D

You sound like you're on the same page as I am in the morning:) This place is addictive...I'm becoming embarrashed by the number of posts I have!

SDR comes home tonight, so I'll have him for company again. My friends here are so great - I'm never alone if I don't want to be:manyheart

And thanks for the location update..I DID look at your public profile page and didn't see anything, which is why (nosy person that I am) I asked:lol

That's fine...I was so excited to have found this place last week, that I just jumped right in without filling out anything in the profile. I just added the location part this morning and will go back later and fill out some more of it. I really feel like I have found a new home here.

That's fine...I was so excited to have found this place last week, that I just jumped right in without filling out anything in the profile. I just added the location part this morning and will go back later and fill out some more of it. I really feel like I have found a new home here.

This IS your new home!:hug

And as I;m sure you've already noticed, we are a very diverse group, bith in location, age, etc. And this CAL and the SKY Cal are the best - because you'll see pretty much the same names in both places!

CU all later....have agreat day/ night whatever.....:hug:manyheart

The 'Ville is one of the absolute best places on the web for more reasons that I can list :yes I do believe these ladies saved my sanity :manyheart

Cara - you would have had to BE SANE in order for us to have actually SAVED that SANITY. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Shhhhh. You weren't supposed to mention that part :rofl :rofl

Yeah you should be able to whip those out in, what a week maybe a week and a half :rofl :rofl

Nah, give me 2 to 3 weeks. :rofl :rofl

Linda M, this place is the best! I've found friends, encouragement, recognition, cheerleaders, and inspiration galore here. We really do cross all barriers. The love and support that flows here would heal the world's strife if our leaders felt even a small portion of it.

I have finished 9 of the 28 rows of the shawl. Sarge :cat was SUCH a BIG help last night. NOT!!! He repeatedly jumped in my lap and pushed his nose into my fingers right where they hold the crochet hook demanding that I give him scritches and stroking. The ball of yarn was on the floor and would get periodically caught on the chair, but once when I reached down to untangle it there was Sarge SITTING on it with a very smug expression on his face. Gotta love the rascal.:hug

Wendy, I'm going to sign up for the Games, but am waiting to see what the docs are going to do about the pain in my side. If I'm not in lots of pain I'll do the snowflake ghan, but if I am, then I'll do something not quite so ambitious.

I am NOT and NEVER have been an early morning person. I'll have my quiet time late at night when everyone else has gone to bed. I put on soft, soothing music and unwind from the day in the peace and quiet. That was my best time to study when I was in school, too. :D

Look what I did! All by myself!!

th_RibbonGraph.jpg

th_RibbonGraphcolored.jpg

Clickable of course :D

Sorry they don't show very well, that's how they scanned. The black and white one is the final version, I prefer it with one row of white between the ribbons. And the way I currently have it planned, there's going to be 3 rows of white on either side of the ribbons. That brings it to just over 4' wide. And if I need to, I can add another row on either side. Yay!!! I need to do 690 squares, 133 solid pink, 493 solid white and 64 bi-colored :eek

Look what I did! All by myself!!

th_RibbonGraph.jpg

th_RibbonGraphcolored.jpg

Clickable of course :D

Sorry they don't show very well, that's how they scanned. The black and white one is the final version, I prefer it with one row of white between the ribbons. And the way I currently have it planned, there's going to be 3 rows of white on either side of the ribbons. That brings it to just over 4' wide. And if I need to, I can add another row on either side. Yay!!! I need to do 690 squares, 133 solid pink, 493 solid white and 64 bi-colored :eek

Yay!!! Good for you. I've been playing with the pattern, too, and it was giving me an awful headache. It did NOT want to come out the way I wanted it to.

I'm still not entirely happy with the point where the top half and the bottom halves join (I hope that makes sense :lol ) But, I'm pretty pleased with this. And even though I used a picture, this is still technically one of my first designs.

Archived