Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Cathy I think it would be fine as appliques. I have to figure out a flag ghan too. DH wants me to make a Finland flag ghan for his family reunion next year. They do an auction every year and he wants me to enter that. I was thinking of doing it as a graph but maybe a quilt would be nice too. :scrachin I'll have to give it some thought.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cathy I think it would be fine as appliques. I have to figure out a flag ghan too. DH wants me to make a Finland flag ghan for his family reunion next year. They do an auction every year and he wants me to enter that. I was thinking of doing it as a graph but maybe a quilt would be nice too. :scrachin I'll have to give it some thought.

I'm going to town and get some grid paper, so I can figure this out.

My friends friend, is having a baby and the room is camo and rebel stuff, so I wouldnt have to make it that big, maybe crib size? 36X50? I'm gonna play around with it.

I think I am a square maker... i see results faster than going row after row. I guess I am just not fast enough.... LOL saltines are good for me!!!!!!!! :clap

Cathy

Okay count me in too! So far I have made and joined 354 solid and 66 bi-colors. :)

I finally got to move to my new apartment last Wed and then went Muskie fishing over the long weekend. So I'm just finally getting settled in. But in the meantime I decided to start a new project. :lol Yup I have project ADD too! I started the GT and have 13 squares done so far.

My son started school yesterday and my girlfriend and I always celebrate with a bottle of champagne. :lol (guess I'll never make mother of the year)

I can't wait to see everyones Irish Chain Ghans they are all gonna look so pretty ladies.

Please add me to the list .. I have made 28 saltines... so far.

:hug

Hi and Welcome! Feel free to report squares anytime...all I need to know is whether they are solids, bicolor, etc. :hook

Okay count me in too! So far I have made and joined 354 solid and 66 bi-colors. :)

I finally got to move to my new apartment last Wed and then went Muskie fishing over the long weekend. So I'm just finally getting settled in. But in the meantime I decided to start a new project. :lol Yup I have project ADD too! I started the GT and have 13 squares done so far.

My son started school yesterday and my girlfriend and I always celebrate with a bottle of champagne. :lol (guess I'll never make mother of the year)

I can't wait to see everyones Irish Chain Ghans they are all gonna look so pretty ladies.

Glad you're here, Laura Lee! That's great that you're all moved in and I think the champagne is a perfect idea. :D

Mary,

I dont have another project started... not yet. Gonna do a rebel flag I believe.

736 solids and 56 Bi-Color.

How are your parents? I hope all is well with them..

Cathy

Squares added! My parents are okay at the moment. Thanks for asking. :manyheart

Hello! I am not setting a deadline for these that I plan to make, but here goes (after I finish up my UFOs) . . .

Pretty Gingham Baby Quilt - Rose, Pink & White & Larger - For Me!

Just Ducky Cuddle Quilt - As Described - For New Grandson, Robby!

Penguin Cuddle Quilt - As Described - For Eldest Granddaughter, Violet!

****I would LOVE an elephant pattern for my youngest granddaughter, Ella, if you guys know of one?!****

Hello everybody, I got back from a long weekend of Labor Day vacation. It was a trip! :lol

One thing I did on the vacation is visiting a favorite LYS that I was able to check out once per year. I got two quilt patterns for 50 cents each! Ok, they are knit patterns but still. :) I have some ideas where it is possible to translate them into crochet versions.

I will try to experiment with them when I feel ready. It's great to be back home. :yes

16 Solid Saltines.

Please help me choose. I designed these this afternoon.. (first try so i am very proud)

Autumn Leaves

Novem.jpgOr

Autumn Harvest

ICNovember.jpg

Wow....I really like the Autumn Harvest one myself...makes me want to do one.

I really like the autumn harvest and it's given me some ideas for one of my own (someday)

Joyce

16 Solid Saltines.

Please help me choose. I designed these this afternoon.. (first try so i am very proud)

Autumn Leaves

Novem.jpgOr

Autumn Harvest

ICNovember.jpg

16 Solid Saltines.

Autumn Leaves

Novem.jpgOr

Autumn Harvest

ICNovember.jpg

I like the first one alot! Are you doin gthis along the lines of the IC?

Hey guys, check this out! A really good friend of mine found this! I think it could help us out on occasion :D

Yah.. not much has changed :lol And now we are coming into my season!!

Kathy, I like the Autumn Leaves...I'm into brighter shades;) I see you still like the same colors:)

:hi Krystal. She loved it. :yes It has been making her tired, too. :lol She got 3 "stars" (R1) today. They earn them and every so many they get a reward (I am guessing book and stationery vouchers which is what the other school was using and the two schools are very similar). She got today's ones were for changing quickly after PE and 2 for excellent behaviour. Also, she didn't get lost as many times as yesterday. :lol

Got the picture loaded up this morning. Here are my two completed blocks.

th_PTC2blocks.jpg

Looking great! Love the bright colors :yes

Good morning everyone! I'm feeling whiney today, I have to be back to work. It's been a nice week of sleeping in and I wish I could still be :sleep. Thankfully my first day back is a work at home day. I didn't have to get up quite as early :lol. Ok, I'm off to log in and then go make breakfast. Oh and hunt down my version of caffiene.

Karen, have fun with your first day of classes! I remember professors doing that testing to us.

Well at least you got to ease into your day :D

Good Morning Ladies,

The Desert Star is finally done, whew..... I will take pics of it this afternoon. I didnt realize how big it actually was. DH took claim to it.. he told me it was really pretty!!! He has never said that before. My teeth almost fell out!!!!! LOL

792 total squares, 736 solids, 56 Bi-color.

I have been asked about a rebel flag....hmmmmm how do I make the stars?

Cathy

Can't wait to see it :clap I'd do stars as appliques myself :yes

Gustav- was more of a rain event. I live just north of Alexandria, LA, \our winds were 50-60 mph. Limbs and leaves. At about 11:00 p.m. lost lights unt ilthe last real gust and then it was almost over. I dont like to go through something like that at night.. cant see whats coming at me!!! :D Mama and rest live in New Iberia, LA not much different there either as far as damage goes. Lights came back on last night about 8:00 p.m. Gotta get out there and clean up the yard....

Finished the DS.. gonna take pics of it this afternoon.

Cathy

We're getting the winds here now I do believe. It is blowing up a storm out there :eek

Please add me to the list .. I have made 28 saltines... so far.

:hug

Great job Kidge! :clap

:rofl :rofl I'm with you. Always loved the new school year :devil Glad you got settled in.

Hello! I am not setting a deadline for these that I plan to make, but here goes (after I finish up my UFOs) . . .

Pretty Gingham Baby Quilt - Rose, Pink & White & Larger - For Me!

Just Ducky Cuddle Quilt - As Described - For New Grandson, Robby!

Penguin Cuddle Quilt - As Described - For Eldest Granddaughter, Violet!

****I would LOVE an elephant pattern for my youngest granddaughter, Ella, if you guys know of one?!****

Welcome to the group! :hug

Hello everybody, I got back from a long weekend of Labor Day vacation. It was a trip! :lol

One thing I did on the vacation is visiting a favorite LYS that I was able to check out once per year. I got two quilt patterns for 50 cents each! Ok, they are knit patterns but still. :) I have some ideas where it is possible to translate them into crochet versions.

I will try to experiment with them when I feel ready. It's great to be back home. :yes

Oooh new goodies! :clap Glad you had a great time and welcome home :hug

16 Solid Saltines.

Autumn Leaves

Novem.jpgOr

Autumn Harvest

ICNovember.jpg

They're both fabulous :drool But I must say I prefer the Autumn Leaves. Very striking :yes

HarvestFriends.jpg I have finally finished my Harvest of Friends. I enjoyed working on this afghan. It took a while, but I am very satisfied with the finished product.

OMG!!! That's fabulous!! :clap:cheer You did an excellent job! :h5

Kidget, great designs. :yes I am going to have to stop looking at other peoples patterns before I get tempted into wanting to make more instead of working. :devil

Sprtsbear, your Harvest of friends came out great! I can just about see Denise :drool, she has been wanting to make one since last year. :lol

We're just ruined Denise this past month haven't we? :devil:lol :lol

Ohhh I overslept today. Didn't get to sleep until after 6 this morning though. Tuon was doing the bat the blind thing. She was making me nuts. If I lock her out of our room she sits at the door and cries. I've gotta figure out something.

And she's taking after Zoe, Mary. I was making dinner last night and she picked up her toy mouse, went over to the water dish and dropped him in :lol BTW the yarn arrived today and it's perfect! Thank you again! :hug Now I can get back on track with my IC :yay

Archived