Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I played around with colors. I'm not sure if I'm going to do 5 squares as my longest/widest row or 7 yet. But this is a test. The lighter purple will probably be the ombre Vanna's choice. I did up two, both images are clickable.

th_Irishchaingray.jpg

th_Irishchaincream.jpg

I think I'm leaning towards the cream. I think it'll make it look warmer.

Priszm, that is going to be so pretty.

I like the cream. Like you said, it makes it a little warmer.

So far so good on my saltines. I have made 34 today and have 18 halfway sewn together. Not sure if I am sewing them together right, but it looks OK to me. Then again, what do I know.....I have never sewn squares of any size together before :lol

Priszm, that is going to be so pretty.

I like the cream. Like you said, it makes it a little warmer.

So far so good on my saltines. I have made 34 today and have 18 halfway sewn together. Not sure if I am sewing them together right, but it looks OK to me. Then again, what do I know.....I have never sewn squares of any size together before :lol

Someone had suggested sewing the back loops, then going back and sewing the front loops. That way it's secured even more. I think when eventually I do my next saltine 'ghan, I'm going to do that.

Hello ~

What a chatty bunch you were. I second Mary's assessment that you all are a great source of enjoyment and support. Thanks for letting me be a part :manyheart

That said, I hope today is an easier one for you, Mary. :hug

th_082908STIC.jpg

Judy - this is therapy for me... the only rule I use is that two touching squares can't be the same color.

Lovely, Krystal :clap I do not think I could do a scrappy-style 'ghan. It just is not in me to not have a plan. I can see where it may be considered your therapy, but I fear it would cause me MUCH anxiety. Way to go! Keep the progress pics coming.

Mel and Annie -- :welcome

:woo Denise. You are almost there, now!

I am reading these comments about a sc in the corner of our saltines... and having the tail end on the corner... Can you explain it to me a bit better? I just cannot picture how this is done :think Thanks.

Mary -- please add 14 solids for me. I was able to assemble a block, yesterday, while the girls ate breakfast, but that was the last crocheting I managed to squeeze in. Today, I think the girls would like to play outside, while I supervise them from the patio (with my skein of yarn on my lap, and my hook in hand) :devil

Have a good one!

th_082908STIC.jpg

Here it is - the top left corner of my STIC! :lol Doesn't look like much, does it?

Judy - this is therapy for me... the only rule I use is that two touching squares can't be the same color.

I LOVE the way this is looking so far. I may have to start one of these for the future by just making extra saltines of whatever color I'm using for a current ghan. What a great way to use up leftover yarn!

Dusti - it is actually more like "Aversion Therapy"!!!! :lol You know, like forcing and OCD person to sit at a skewed desk or something like that. I'm about as anal with colors as can be, so this is a real challenge for me... I keep having to tell myself to breathe and relax, just LET IT BE... :rofl (I'm NOT kidding!)

Ok I started watching this post as it just seems like so much fun.. so I have some questions...

1. Is there a pattern for a "saltine"?

2. Do you make all the squares first or do you make and attach them as you go?

3. Are there specific layouts for beginners?

I may just join you!!

:hug

Hello ~

What a chatty bunch you were. I second Mary's assessment that you all are a great source of enjoyment and support. Thanks for letting me be a part :manyheart

That said, I hope today is an easier one for you, Mary. :hug

Lovely, Krystal :clap I do not think I could do a scrappy-style 'ghan. It just is not in me to not have a plan. I can see where it may be considered your therapy, but I fear it would cause me MUCH anxiety. Way to go! Keep the progress pics coming.

Mel and Annie -- :welcome

:woo Denise. You are almost there, now!

I am reading these comments about a sc in the corner of our saltines... and having the tail end on the corner... Can you explain it to me a bit better? I just cannot picture how this is done :think Thanks.

Mary -- please add 14 solids for me. I was able to assemble a block, yesterday, while the girls ate breakfast, but that was the last crocheting I managed to squeeze in. Today, I think the girls would like to play outside, while I supervise them from the patio (with my skein of yarn on my lap, and my hook in hand) :devil

Have a good one!

Nah, go play with them! You've got time to make up for since they were busy being spoiled by the grandparents :D

Ok I started watching this post as it just seems like so much fun.. so I have some questions...

I may just join you!!

I'm doing join as you go, but wish I'd stuck with whipstitch since it's gotten a bit bulky as it's gotten bigger.

I may just join you!!

1. The basic pattern for a saltine is the first two rounds of a granny squares.

2. Don't make them all and then join, too intimidating. Follow the grids at Cara's website (http://www.happyyellowhouse.com)

3. See above web site.

Come join the fun. These are really pretty when all done.

Joyce

Dusti - it is actually more like "Aversion Therapy"!!!! :lol You know, like forcing and OCD person to sit at a skewed desk or something like that. I'm about as anal with colors as can be, so this is a real challenge for me... I keep having to tell myself to breathe and relax, just LET IT BE... :rofl (I'm NOT kidding!)

The comment about the desk....when did you meet SDR?:lol

Hi, Kathy!

Good seeing you here...I loved being your SP:manyheart

I have to get back making more saltines...but I have too many WIPs:P

Hi Judy,

I loved having you as my partner... and think of you everytime I use that beautiful tote.

I am hoping I can use up some scraps.

Hi, Kathy!

Good seeing you here...I loved being your SP:manyheart

I have to get back making more saltines...but I have too many WIPs:P

Sunnyvale ----your ghan is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It looks kingsize and I really want to know how long it took you.....It looks like at least a years work..

Fantastic...kudos to you...:cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived