Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Yesterday I was in HL and WM buying yarn. Today I was back at both stores buying material. I found some lovely material at Good Will a couple weeks ago that is a creamy background with little red dots. Then spaced across it are Christmas mice in 10 different patterns. Today I bought a yard each of red with a little white pattern in it, yellow gold with a little white pattern, a shaded blue with a little white pattern, and a green with a darker green pattern in it. I'm going to have Rosie show me how to quilt it up when she gets back from Colorado. I'll start with a baby blanket for my neice who is expecting about Christmas time and if that works well I might do a family size one for the older girls. This is baby number 8 for Dawn :eek and so far they have only one boy versus 6 girls. The kids average about 2 years apart, give or take 6 months. And she's home schooling them all.

Someone I go to meetings with has asked me to make a baby blanket for her son. He's two today, but a baby blanket was something they didn't get. Her mom was making them one, but died before it was finished and then it disappeared. She really wants one as a keepsake for him.

What is strange is that sounds so much like my mom:think. there are six of us girls and 1 boy. we all home school and there are still plenty of us homeschooling now. wish i knew who this lady was, my mom would be best friends with her.:lol

Isaiah - 4

Joy - 5

Tiny - 13

Dessie - 17

Charel - 19

Kaye-Lani - 20

Me (Lee) - 24

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on another night of sleep! That's great.

By the way, what is your first name? I feel funny calling you Pickles all the time. We pretty much go by first names in here. It seems so much more friendly.

Thanks! The congratulations was short lived as last night, and currently right now, she is sleepless again! :tired She is not screaming like she was before the new formula and medicine but she is awake and a little fussy. We will see how long this lasts and we may have to call the doctor for another visit! One thing I noticed that I have never seen on a baby before is when she burps she has a very bad gag reflex. Even when she spits up she gags. I've never seen someone so little gag like that! :think Sorry ladies! thats a little gross I suppose! Can you tell I've had very little sleep!

By the way, my first name is Jessi, but I don't mind Pickles! Its actually really easy to find my name in conversation on the ville when it comes up Pickles! :lol But you can use whatever you would like.

Well back to trying to crochet and rock a baby at the same time! I will get it down someday!

Pickles (Jessi), if you like Pickles as a nickname, I have no problem with that. It just seemed strange when the rest of us are all called by our first names. I'm sorry last night didn't go so well. I found that when my two were that age they never seemed to be on the same schedule, day or night, for more than a week or two at the most. We'd just get used to one pattern and it would change.

Here are the patterns. I decided to call the first one Snowflake. I tried the Stacked blocks 3 different ways before finding the one that I liked best, although they all came out pretty. There is no way I'm making the Stacked Blocks for the games. There are just too many combinations of bi-color squares. I'd mess up the pattern for sure. I am making it, just not with a 16 day time window.

Snowflake.jpgStackedCubes1.jpg

StackedCubes2.jpgStackedCubes3.jpg

:drool, Linda those are all pretty. :yes You ladies should STOP tempting me to make more at the moment.

hehe you know you really do need another project.:D You could do one for the games, have you decided what your making.

:devil woman! :lol I haven't thought past the move yet. I want to, but still deciding because of the move and the wip list. I have 2 sweaters started and almost finished the scrap granny, might decide later in the week. ;) But then I need to decide WHAT to make, so many choices! :eek

:devil woman! :lol I haven't thought past the move yet. I want to, but still deciding because of the move and the wip list. I have 2 sweaters started and almost finished the scrap granny, might decide later in the week. ;) But then I need to decide WHAT to make, so many choices! :eek

Come on Tracy join Linda and me in the games and take part in the 50m Saltine race or there's the 5000mtr Saltine marathon. What about the 200m Saltinebutterfly race.:lol

Ah Wendy - I'd love to do saltines for the games myself, but I know I'd never get anywhere near finished with the afghan I want to do. Boy, you are tempting though.

For me it is a vest that my 4H leader gave up on years ago. I never tried it but always wanted to. It will be a challange.

Ya know it is hard to type with a cat laying halfway on the keyboard and trying to help me!!!

i got some - it's not the exact same dye lot - but it's the closet that i can see. :D

Yay! I'm so glad you found the yarn! :yarn

Hello Tabby. :hi

Mary, 7 solids for me, please. :hook

They're on the list!

Linda - Oooh very nice :clap I really like the snowflake in negative colors like that :yes

Pickles - Sorry the baby's not sleeping again. Sometimes it just takes a while to find their grooove. And I'm gonna keep calling you Pickles. Reminds me of Buddy's wife from the Dick Van Dyke Show. You're probably too young to remember that unless they're still showing it in reruns somewhere :D

Sunny - Oh my goodness. Your mom is one brave woman. First having that many kids and second home schooling them all. My hat's off to Mom :nworthy

Wendy - You're so funny you little instigator you :lol

Tracy - Are you participating in the Games? Have you chosen a project? I need to get to work on mine. :yes

Still didn't make much progress on the red ghan yesterday. It's really just too hot right now for a full ghan. I might go back to my ATW today or tinker around with an idea for the Games :scrachin

Mary, 3 solids and 2 bicolours please.

Wendy, I was online last night looking for the Perfect Patches book. :hook I found on ebay, but postage is almost as much as the book. I did find some on Amazon as well, I am just a bit concerned about how long it will take to get here, especially if we move this month. So I will wait until we have moved and I know what the address is before ordering it. :yes

Shelby - Cats :lol Tuon almost deleted brand new audiobooks that DH had just bought last night while crawling across his lap to try to get ice cream :lol

Mary - Good morning hon :hug

Cara howdy doody, I see that Tuon is into reading now. Hope the audio books are ok.

Tracy yeah sometimes I wonder how they can make the postage so much, I would leave it to until you have moved. What day do you move into your new place.

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Hi Tabby. :manyheart

Linda, your patterns are beautiful...and the colors are, too. :yes

Tracy, are you moving soon? :eek I hope you have lots of helpers lined up. I've added your squares.

Wendy, I'm glad you're getting lots of crochet time over the long weekend. :hook

Good Morning, Cara! :)

Cara, I haven't entered the games. Yet. But like you said, if Wendy carries on instigating the way she is, I probably will. :lol I just don't know what to make. :think

You could make a cuddle ghan or design a saltine quilt like I did. You can do it.:cheer

Cara howdy doody, I see that Tuon is into reading now. Hope the audio books are ok.

:rofl :rofl :rofl Yeah, he lifted her off the keyboard before any lasting damage was done :lol

I like these! Have you considered doing a black background instead of the white on this? I think it would look amazing. :yes

Oooh that's a good idea :yes Black can be hard to wrok with but it really is dramatic.

Archived