Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Yes that would be great. :lol You know that the school has decided to have a pupil free day the day after the long weekend, so Emma has Tuesday off as well. Geeze dont they do anything at the schools anymore.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its annoying isnt it. When does Kylas school go on holidays. The kids here go on holidays for 2 weeks in July and then again in October.

Well I have sewn all the squares for the ATW so thats another row finished.

Also sewed another row on the pet ghan as well.

Good morning ladies :flower

Pickles - Personally, I whip stitch the squares together. I used the lighter of the two colors. i.e. If I have a white and a black square, I use white. If you go through the back loops only you can't see the join unless you have your nose in it and you're looking for it. I never could get the hang of the other method so that was probably no help :P

Wendy - I wonder about how many days the kids are actually at school, too. We don't have any school age kids, of course but it always seems the neighborhood kids are out for some reason or other :rolleyes

In NY, they are supposed to have 180 days of school...

However, when I homeschooled my oldest, I was also keeping track of the number of days that my other kids were in school, and it wound up something like 174. :think Not sure if that's legal or if they have some way around it (like teacher's conferences counting, or things like that).

If 174 days is legal, they changed it since 1972, which they may well have.

I had 2 operations that year and missed almost the whole year. Although I was tutored, kept up with my lessons and maintained a "B" average, they still failed me for not actually being in class.

Probably with the home schooling - all that has changed. Sure devistated me though.

i think today is my saltine day. i have already started connecting the other half of the 32 i posted about yesterday (16 already done) and i need to finish that and start on some more bi color. but low and behold I'm finally out of maroon yarn. So i have to wait till bf gets his booty up so i can get some. i hope i can find the dye lot too. i got this a walmart for $5 and can't remember what it was. maybe if i take a sample with me or something I'll find it. :pray:

Sunny ~ Could it be the pound size of Red Heart at Walmart? I see it there quite often. Keeping fingers crossed that you find it. :yes

DH and I are having a yard day...it's hot and humid, but it's summer in Texas. Hope everyone is having a good day. :hook

Sunny ~ Could it be the pound size of Red Heart at Walmart? I see it there quite often. Keeping fingers crossed that you find it. :yes

DH and I are having a yard day...it's hot and humid, but it's summer in Texas. Hope everyone is having a good day. :hook

it is just that - i'm hoping i can get to a jo anns or something because wal mart is too far away and i'm sure bf would not want to take me.

I recalled seeing RHSS (maroon) pounders at jo anne's and walmart. I am not sure about micheal's. I think you are safe as the july 4th come up soon. A lot of reds, blues and whites in walmart last week when I last saw it.

Yesterday I was in HL and WM buying yarn. Today I was back at both stores buying material. I found some lovely material at Good Will a couple weeks ago that is a creamy background with little red dots. Then spaced across it are Christmas mice in 10 different patterns. Today I bought a yard each of red with a little white pattern in it, yellow gold with a little white pattern, a shaded blue with a little white pattern, and a green with a darker green pattern in it. I'm going to have Rosie show me how to quilt it up when she gets back from Colorado. I'll start with a baby blanket for my neice who is expecting about Christmas time and if that works well I might do a family size one for the older girls. This is baby number 8 for Dawn :eek and so far they have only one boy versus 6 girls. The kids average about 2 years apart, give or take 6 months. And she's home schooling them all.

Someone I go to meetings with has asked me to make a baby blanket for her son. He's two today, but a baby blanket was something they didn't get. Her mom was making them one, but died before it was finished and then it disappeared. She really wants one as a keepsake for him.

Morning everyone

How goes it. Its a lovely Sunday here and I plan to spend all day crocheting. It is freezing though and so have just put on the heater.:wbrr

Linda those fabrics sound great, cant wait to see the finished quilts. I only ever made one quilt and it really wasnt my thing. Wow 8 kids and homeschooling them all. I have enough trouble with just 2 kids.

Sunny Im glad you got your yarn, nothing worse than running out and not finding anymore yarn.

Mary have fun in the garden, hope its not too hot there for ya.

Cara howdy, Im glad Tuon is doing well today. Hows the red ghan going.

Krystal and Tracy, had to work out how many days my girls go to school and it works out to 190 as well.

Wow, 8 kids. And she is home schooling them all. Very impressive. :yes

That's awesome about the baby blankets. They will be all quilt sewing ?

The one for the person I attend meetings with will be crocheted. The one(s) for my niece will be quilted.

Dawn is great with her kids. They are all polite and well behaved. I couldn't have handled that many and sure couldn't have home schooled them too. I stuck with two as plenty for us.

After several sessions on the computer this afternoon and evening, I have gotten both of the patterns redone in the colors I'm using. I'll get them loaded tomorrow and see what you think of them. I'm heading for bed now. Nighty-Night.:sleep

Linda cant wait to see them. Bet you cant wait for the games to start so you can get it started.

I have done the 3rd row of the pet ghan and am just making more saltines for it now. Also still trying to get the footy pillow finished.

Archived