Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I'll give you gals a sneak peek at the anniversary tote. This is my test of the pattern. I made it into a square and sent it to Tonya. She was told to keep it a secret...until now. :lol

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

That is SO cute!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening everyone! Sue I love the design for the anniversary tote! Heather I have your square ready to mail hopefully I can do so on my way to work tomorrow. Had a great day today, turning the big 40 wasn't to bad I guess, lol. DD's pampered me and DH took me to the fair to enjoy the Demo Derby. Although we didn't make it back in time, from vacation, for me to enter my projects, I really enjoyed looking at all the other projects that were entered. Wasn't as much entered this year as in previous years though. Have a great evening all.

I'll give you gals a sneak peek at the anniversary tote. This is my test of the pattern. I made it into a square and sent it to Tonya. She was told to keep it a secret...until now. :lol

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

:D my lips were sealed.

and I was very honored to get the square

Good Evening everyone! Sue I love the design for the anniversary tote! Heather I have your square ready to mail hopefully I can do so on my way to work tomorrow. Had a great day today, turning the big 40 wasn't to bad I guess, lol. DD's pampered me and DH took me to the fair to enjoy the Demo Derby. Although we didn't make it back in time, from vacation, for me to enter my projects, I really enjoyed looking at all the other projects that were entered. Wasn't as much entered this year as in previous years though. Have a great evening all.

Well happy late birthday! I love demolition derby's but I haven't been to one since my first son was born. I'm glad you had a good Birthday :hug. Su I absolutely love the pattern it is so cute!

Sue your tote is going to be soo cute.How cool is the test square!

Forgot to say earlier - Welcome to our newest members and get better quick Heather and Glenda!!

the super duper special TLC tote for next month! Its the 1st anniversary for me giving away totes so I'm making a special one. Everyone will be eligible to enter for a drawing for it!

Sue, you are so generous :hug...and always up to something :hook

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

Are the hooks difficult to do... I'm thinking my ghan needs a pink one :hook...is this your own design, or a pattern you can share?

Thanks! I'm going to make the bag in Vanna's Choice. The background is a tan and the hooks are a variegated blue (reminds me of faded jeans).

:D my lips were sealed.

and I was very honored to get the square

Yes, you were a very good girl! :lol

I made a shawl that i want to raffle off, where would I post it at on the site? if thats even acceptable :hook

Raffle or giveaway? Raffles involve accepting money and that's not allowed here on the board. Doing a drawing to give it away would be done in the Giveaway section, but you may not be able to see that section yet. I didn't look to see if you are a junior villager or villager yet. You have to have 30 posts and be a member for 30 days to see those sections.

Are the hooks difficult to do... I'm thinking my ghan needs a pink one :hook...is this your own design, or a pattern you can share?

I think a lot of friendshipghans are going to need one! But first I have to figure out making it square. Tonya's was 13x13. Its my graph design! :)

We haven't had rain in weeks. It will rain 2 miles west of us, but not on the coast. Its been so stinkin' hot (I know, I'm in FL in July, but we've had no break from it). We're almost 5 FEET below normal for rain fall. Of course the news is showing where the rain will be today...dancing all around our county, but no rain for us. UGH!

I'm thinking 48. That way I can make a 3' x 4' lapghan.

OH NO! I'm not sewing together 60 squares! :lol

lazy!! LOL

Okay so I'm finally situated with the pictures!! They are all of squares I have recently received and comfortghan progresss!! A HUGE thank you to Erin, Heather, Rene, & Tina!!

WOW that afghan is going to be gorgeous. I have the yarn (different pinks but NO hot pinks) I just have to get through school - my final is Monday. Hopefully I'll have time to do it sooner.

It's basically unrecognizable as a finger at this point:lol...it's so swollen that all of the skin is stretched TIGHT, and there are no lines or wrinkles on it...it's perfectly smooth:eek

Ouchie - hope it's better FAST

Black is perfect!:cheer

I found licorice last night - so if you need 2...I've got ya covered

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

Hey - I saw it too and I kept it a secret! No props for me? I'm a blabber mouth...it was TOUGH! ;)

morning ladies!! its supposed to be stormy here today and im really excited i love thunder storms :). sue your tote sounds like its going to come out great. i hope everyones morning is going good!

Looks like rain here too.

I almost passed out on the bus this morning. It was hot - the AC wasn't working but there was a nice breeze. All of a sudden my hands started to tingle and I got really light headed. I thought I was either going to pass out or be sick. I held on until we got almost all the way to work then jumped off and sat on a curb until I got it together. I'm at work now - but with a raging headache, sweaty, and shaky. So scary.

Hey - I saw it too and I kept it a secret! No props for me? I'm a blabber mouth...it was TOUGH! ;)

I almost passed out on the bus this morning. It was hot - the AC wasn't working but there was a nice breeze. All of a sudden my hands started to tingle and I got really light headed. I thought I was either going to pass out or be sick. I held on until we got almost all the way to work then jumped off and sat on a curb until I got it together. I'm at work now - but with a raging headache, sweaty, and shaky. So scary.

You have to keep my secrets or I wouldn't have any! :rofl

Feel better! Do what I told you to missy! :hug

I think a lot of friendshipghans are going to need one! But first I have to figure out making it square. Tonya's was 13x13. Its my graph design!

I would love to make one when you get the design worked out...and mine doesn't even have to be square...rectangular would be just fine;)

I found licorice last night - so if you need 2...I've got ya covered

Thanks! Along with the others that have been promised, that will give me all the squares I need for my brother's comfort-ghan! Now I just need black yarn to edge/border with...I can't find any around here...very frustrating!

Oh! How scary!!! Are you eating right, and drinking plenty? Take care of yourself...there's only one of you:hug try to take it easy, and get some rest "doctor's orders"...

lazy!! LOL

drink some gatorade and slack off a bit.

heather do you need more black cotton to sew the blanket together? I cant find the variegated but my grocery store carries the plain black

:sun.............Good morning......

I have some squares ready for the mail........ I sure hope I can get to town and mail them. I'll have to have Patrick drive me ... hubby had to go to a client site today and my eyes are still bothering me. :sigh

Here are the squares and goodies from Heather! I just :manyheart them! :hug

[ATTACH]24178[/ATTACH]

OmGosh............... how cool are those!

I totally need to get busy and get you some turtle squares!!!

Okay so I'm finally situated with the pictures!! They are all of squares I have recently received and comfortghan progresss!! Those are AWESOME!!! A HUGE thank you to Erin, Heather, Rene, & Tina!!

Ok so the pattern is finally up :P. If anyone is interested trying it it is in the free original patterns area. Thats an awesome pattern! Thanks so much for sharing it!!! It took forever to post that thing :rofl.

:cheerYou got them! I was wondering how long it would take...

And don't worry, I'm sure that your cotton will be fine...also, just make whatever square you are comfortable with - the crochet dude's pattern has given many people trouble...so whatever you are comfortable making is fine with me! ;)

:tyThank you to Tina, and Jenny for the squares you sent for my brother's comfort-ghan, and also my friendship-ghan!:hug

Jenny's squares/flowers:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-17.jpg

Tina's squares:

My brother's square:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-8.jpg

Knitted bikini:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-5.jpg

Knitted butterfly/my dogs nose:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/004-3.jpg

OMGoodness............those are all GREAT!!!!! How lucky are you!!!

Erin, I definitely want to try your square as soon as my finger gets feeling better (right now it's swollen so bad it looks like a hot dog:yuck)...

Melissa, your sister's afghan is going to look amazing!:yay And who sent the palm tree square?!?! I LOVE it! Is there a pattern somewhere...I would love to make one in pinks/cream for my friendship-ghan (yes, I've been making a few small squares for my own ghan...I am ashamed:blush)

Michelle, I will be watching the mail :mail- Thank you for your help!

It's basically unrecognizable as a finger at this point:lol...it's so swollen awww....... :( hope it heals up quickly!!! that all of the skin is stretched TIGHT, and there are no lines or wrinkles on it...it's perfectly smooth:eek

In about an hour to be exact :lol I'm heading over to Michaels, then Walmart. :woo have fun!! buy me something good!!! :D

Figures it's the one on your face that will take the longest to heal...9-12 MONTHS?!?! :eek I will keep you in my prayers:hug

BTW: for those of you who don't know...Glenda has created a monster! She sent my daughters the most amazing package with yarn, crochet hooks, totes & paint/buttons to embellish...anyway, my ten year old has not stopped crocheting ever since!:hook She even tries to design her own patterns :eek Now she borrows my books, and puts yarn :yarn on the shopping list! Here's a pic of one of the squares that she made...

That square rocks......... so does Glenda!!!

011.jpg

That was me: Palms Square :hook

Love that Palm Square!!!

Today is "Moving Day" for us. So I might not be on here for a few days. Take care and have fun moving! I know it can be a tough job and sometime stressful but try to have fun with it! (Don't know how long it will take to hook up internet at the new house... This town is weird...)

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!

off to get a coffee refill tend to the boys... laundry and crocheting!

you all have a great day!

catch back up later!

:heart

:mug

I would love to make one when you get the design worked out...and mine doesn't even have to be square...rectangular would be just fine;)

Thanks! Along with the others that have been promised, that will give me all the squares I need for my brother's comfort-ghan! Now I just need black yarn to edge/border with...I can't find any around here...very frustrating!

I'll work on one for you. Its easy. Just sc and color changes. I'll have to scan the graph in (its in my cross stitch program).

Let me know if you need black. I'm going to HL (hopefully if I'm feeling better) tomorrow in Viera tomorrow and Walmart on Monday. Our WM always seems to have black cotton.

:sun.............Good morning......

I have some squares ready for the mail........ I sure hope I can get to town and mail them. I'll have to have Patrick drive me ... hubby had to go to a client site today and my eyes are still bothering me. :sigh

Have you seen a doctor about that yet missy??? I'm worried about you! :hug

well darn :( ok

2 more posts and you'll be at 30! And it has to be soon for 30 days.

Sue - love the square but I have yet to try to crochet a graph design. I was never any good at reading graphs so I've just never done one.

The tote will be great.

Tam - when are you going to the eye doctor??????????

Heather - there is a full skein of black in the package I sent out on Monday.

Well, Ive decided to post the pattern for the shawl in the for sale space, and "giveaway" the finished product when I can get to that part of the 'ville. I think Ill make a few more up to "giveaway" soon

Archived