Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Humm, I would measure where i wanted the afghan to fit on the twin bed, whether I would want a lot of hangover, or to fit just the top, then I would measure the afghan as is, and go from there, give or take a couple inches for them all to be joined, and any trim you might put on it..

As for what color, any would look great, there is no ugly granny ghan, lol I used buff, and mine is looking nice, what I have done so far, but you could use any color that is predominant in your room, or even a contrasting accent color. Play around with it, don't be afraid to border one in several diff colors, and see what you might like best! good luck, it's lovely so far!

PS i hope you can use one more, I have one made for you but not in the mail yet, he he he, from the granny square cal thread! Are you asking for 8 inch sqaures, cause the size you probably have now, (minus border and trim) would be approx. 40 something, by 48+. I put on one more row on all of mine, then I flat braid them adding almost another inch, and will border the entire thing when finsihed with a couple more rows....Probably end up with 60 by i dunno, 70? I will have to measure when completed.

Could always use more. My DD is in love with this one so i may have to start a new one for me.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ladies, i have taken stock of my sqaures, both the ones you so kindly sent, some I made myself, and some other friends and relatives have made me, and I am pretty much done! With this one, i have two more to make before November. I will start to border this one, and anything after this date I receive will go to afghan number two, for another dear friend whose hubby is quite ill. And may I say, I was so pleased that I got enough from everyone to make this! ANy color, 8 inch, this time around, and again, thanks so much ladies for all you generous help! I have met one goal, and will continue to try to beat the clock on the next two~!!:hug ty all so much, i truly think these sorts of afghans are the best ever! i couldn't have gotten this far, without all of you gals help!! I can't say :ty enough! When bordered, and completed, I will post a pic! It's going to be super!

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm currently attached to my phone right now due to the fact that the home comp is messed up again. I have been working on my magic ball afghan, when I get another ball or 2 on, I'll have Lacey post a pic for me since I'm still in the process of figuring out my new phone...I kno there's a way to do it, but I haven't quite figured it out yet! :hugs for all and take care!!! I'll b back on in a few days, if nothing else, from my phone again. :)

•Comforter Sizes

•Twin--68 x 86 inches (or 173 x 218 cm)

•Full/Queen--86 x 86 inches (or 218 x 218 cm)

•King/California King--100 x 90 inches (or 254 x 229 cm)

found this for you.

great info!

Well ladies, i have taken stock of my sqaures, both the ones you so kindly sent, some I made myself, and some other friends and relatives have made me, and I am pretty much done! With this one, i have two more to make before November. I will start to border this one, and anything after this date I receive will go to afghan number two, for another dear friend whose hubby is quite ill. And may I say, I was so pleased that I got enough from everyone to make this! ANy color, 8 inch, this time around, and again, thanks so much ladies for all you generous help! I have met one goal, and will continue to try to beat the clock on the next two~!!:hug ty all so much, i truly think these sorts of afghans are the best ever! i couldn't have gotten this far, without all of you gals help!! I can't say :ty enough! When bordered, and completed, I will post a pic! It's going to be super!

:cheerLooking forward to seeing the pic!

Hi, well as promised, here is "BUFFY". ( I name all my afghans, don't you??) She measure approx. 52 by 62, and is 5 by 6 blocks in construction. I added in some cases, a row of sc around for proportions sake, and in order to have the same amount of stitches for my border, it's complicated, lol, and then bordered them all in buff, then flat braided them together, adding another inch or two, and bordered it with a row of buff, a row of dk brown, and finished up with a row of soft white shells. I only have a couple left that did not make it into this afgh. but will for sure the next,after a short breather, which will be 8 inches, any color, that ought to be spectacular! FOr now, this is my fav! Thanks to all those that sent me squares, both here, and at home, and know that this will soon be comforting a special friend!! Thanks to all your help! You know who you are! lol Enjoy your evening, and seeing your EYE CANDY all completed! many thanks!

Oh, I almost forgot, lol I have four more puffy's going out tomorrow, one of them, contains two 12 inchers, and is going to the same home! HINT HINT!! Edit... you know, i was looking up the flat braid, and even though that is pretty, it's not quite what i do, so I guess I can't call i that anymore, darn.....oh well, learn something everyday, huh. Ill just call mine katie's braid for the record, lol

[ATTACH]43068[/ATTACH]

Hi, well as promised, here is "BUFFY". ( I name all my afghans, don't you??) She measure approx. 52 by 62, and is 5 by 6 blocks in construction. I added in some cases, a row of sc around for proportions sake, and in order to have the same amount of stitches for my border, it's complicated, lol, and then bordered them all in buff, then flat braided them together, adding another inch or two, and bordered it with a row of buff, a row of dk brown, and finished up with a row of soft white shells. I only have a couple left that did not make it into this afgh. but will for sure the next,after a short breather, which will be 8 inches, any color, that ought to be spectacular! FOr now, this is my fav! Thanks to all those that sent me squares, both here, and at home, and know that this will soon be comforting a special friend!! Thanks to all your help! You know who you are! lol Enjoy your evening, and seeing your EYE CANDY all completed! many thanks!

Oh, I almost forgot, lol I have four more puffy's going out tomorrow, one of them, contains two 12 inchers, and is going to the same home! HINT HINT!! Edit... you know, i was looking up the flat braid, and even though that is pretty, it's not quite what i do, so I guess I can't call i that anymore, darn.....oh well, learn something everyday, huh. Ill just call mine katie's braid for the record, lol

[ATTACH]43068[/ATTACH]

It's beautiful!!!

Katy, that is awesome.

I hope it's ok to post this but I found out today that PiscesCrocheter had asked for 12" squares for a comfortghan last July and still doesn't have enough to finish it. I'm making one and wanted to see if anyone else could spare an extra square. Thanks.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118048

It's looking good! I would edge them in off white. I would do a few more wider, but that's just me. :think

Good Afternoon Ladies. I need some help here is a pic of all the squares i have gotten. My questions is im trying to cover a twin bed. how many more would i need and what color should i join them with?

Buffy looks great!! I need to get cracking on mine. I have 18 squares now! :clap

[ATTACH]43068[/ATTACH]

Nice blanket!! Wedding is finally over and done with.. it went alot better than I'd thought. Tomorrow we'll be doing the final cleaning up hopefully. Cousin and her new hubby are on their honeymoon tonight lol.

Katy, that is awesome.

I hope it's ok to post this but I found out today that PiscesCrocheter had asked for 12" squares for a comfortghan last July and still doesn't have enough to finish it. I'm making one and wanted to see if anyone else could spare an extra square. Thanks.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll get to work on one!

It's beautiful!!!

Katy, that is awesome.

Buffy looks great!! I need to get cracking on mine. I have 18 squares now! :clap

Nice blanket!!
That came out gorgeous Katy!!

:turtle:vheart

Thanks for the nice words grannie, sopo, turtle and dragonracer! I just wish I could see everyone elses soon!! I know they must be perfectly lovely!! So come on, those of you close to the end, just make the remaining one or two yourself, lol and lets get these together!!! IS anyone here really close to completion in sqaures???

Ive got four puffy's going out in about 8 minutes, lol look to the mail box ladies!

Katy, that is awesome.

I answered on that thread, I will be sending some, I had not seen that thread before, so it hasn't been bumped in a while

grannyannie I thought I had posted a thank you in here besides in the thank you thread. I am sorry I miss here. I love the 2 squares I received from you. they are beautiful

I should be close to having enough. I am going to go through my yarn in the next few days and find all those packed away so I can lay mine out

:clap:clap Yayy another square.. from baseballmom18 (aka Trish)this time thanks!! Its a Blue/purplish square.

[ATTACH]43126[/ATTACH]

Beautiful square!!!

grannyannie I thought I had posted a thank you in here besides in the thank you thread. I am sorry I miss here. I love the 2 squares I received from you. they are beautiful

I should be close to having enough. I am going to go through my yarn in the next few days and find all those packed away so I can lay mine out

Your very welcome. I'm glad you like them! :hug

Katy, Buffy is beautiful. I like the way you joined the squares.

Well I hope the other two packages I mailed out last week make it. Two of them seemed to get there really fast. Hopefully the PO isn't collecting squares again.

I had a great weekend away from home. I wasn't able to spare any time to make any squares. I still have 2 to send out. I will be making more this week and sending them out as soon as I can. :crocheting

I also got me a new rat baby I want to make something for. :manyheart

So many projects...so little time. :hook

Praying for the job for you!! :)

Sorry to make this so long, but is it too much to ask if I could have some 8" squares for a comfortghan to let him know there are people that care? If I could have them in WW and different shades of blue since that is his favorite color?

I mailed 2 yesterday, so they are on their way, glad to help!

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

what a beautiful day... sun is shinning... birds are chirping and our pool is filled for the boys to play in.

I have my coffee... my crochet hook and yarn.. and my laptop to be here with you all. Good Day!

I have a few envelopes going out today.. .so be on the look out girls. I'll be making more this week now that the baby set I did is done! :whew. I will do my best to do a square here and there between working on my swap buddy's stuff!

Oh hey neighbor........... your friendship'ghan came out beautiful!!!!!!

okay.. off to get more coffee!!! ~D]

have a great day ladies!

:heart

:mug

Archived