Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

OK I am in NC now after going through a bunch of crap and sadness but things have settled a bit here so I an finally come back to my beloved crochetville cal and my ville gals! My new address I will give to Sue. My ami is well on it's way to getting stuffed and I should be able send it here in a few days. I'm excited to send it out and see what the recipient thinks of it.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, good. I'm glad you got it and you like it. :D I had fun making it. :hook

I received my Ami today!!! :cheer:cheer:lol:lol Tina you did an amazing job! I absolutely love it! :manyheart

OH! Babies galore...you better get busy - they're going to need lots of homemade goodies! :hook

Ben will most likely get some bibs, Eli got an Aggie May RR and some bibs and burp cloths...and my BF's Baby Boy has a diamond-pattern blanket in progress as well as some bibs and burps!

Oh, and I'd also like to thank Susan (Smith) for the two beautiful sqaures she sent me! Blue and purple are two of my very favorite colors. :)

Trish, the girs are beauties! They must take after their mom.

Mandy, busy busy girl you're gonna be!!

Melissa B, I have Erin's address and e-mailed you the updated list.

:turtle:vheart

OK I am in NC now after going through a bunch of crap and sadness but things have settled a bit here so I an finally come back to my beloved crochetville cal and my ville gals! My new address I will give to Sue. My ami is well on it's way to getting stuffed and I should be able send it here in a few days. I'm excited to send it out and see what the recipient thinks of it.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Sue could you send me an updated list

Might as well send me one too while you are at it.

I received a PERFECT square from Smith today! Thanks so much, no offense to anyone else - but I think this may be the 'squarest' square I've ever seen! Did you block it?

Sue - can you send me a new list?

I have 6, yes 6!! packages going out tomorrow!

Michelle thank you for the blue and pink blue and white squares, I found them in the envelope while cleaning up my mail. No one told me I had a puffy:angry. So michelle I am sorry it took so long they are really pretty and will make a great addition to my ghan.:hug

me too please for a list :)

now my energy is low again, stupid lupus/fibro.. it cramps my style! I had a great past month of loads of energy and got so much things done. But now I got more down time to sit and crochet. today was pretty good though, I was able to go biking! Checked the thrift shop, no new vintage books. I did find some cute craft supplies though, and I did see a weird crochet hook. It was a Boye, silver metal (not actually silver, but it was silver colored shiny metal) and it had a ball at the end. I hadn't seen a crochet hook like that before. I should have got it, it was an I hook though. I usually use G. Maybe if I'm up for it, I'll go get it tomorrow. It was just odd and kind of neat looking. I always see stuff, get home and go "ugh I should have bought it!"

Plus tomorrow my shelving should arrive and also some plastic shoeboxes! I got the Whitmor brand wire crate type shelving, meant for kids I think, from Amazon in white, to put together and have my husband hang them on the wall. I haven't quite figured out that part yet, but it can't be that hard. Then I can sort some yarn into it, that way I can easily see what colors I have for squares and washcloths, then some can hold fabric too since I'm back to using it fairly often now cause of swapbot! Then the shoeboxes to sort other small crafty things so I feel less like a disaster. Joining swapbot means there is crafts all over the house now. Seriously, half the couch is covered too haha! I make room for us to sit and then tell my husband "AHH! Don't move so much! You'll mess it up!" haha He's so good, he sits still as best he can haha. I do have to constantly swat his hand away from the various tools and supplies, I'm all "Hey! Tools for crafting, not for playing!" and I say "You don't see me getting the cordless drill and running around giggling and draining the battery do you? So paws off my crochet hook!" hehehe.. we both just laugh, cause we both know he's gonna constantly pick my craft stuff up and mess with it hahaha

I've been busy with the swapbot site too this last month, even found some crochet square swaps yay! I've sent out three envelopes and one so far has been sent to me, and I have another swap I mail out next week, and another soon after if I qualify for the swap. My afghan is gonna have squares from all over the world. The UK yarn one is so nice, thinner than worsted but beautiful! She even sent me samples so I could make at least one more (maybe more?) granny square :)

Plus the librarian asked me to teach crochet recently! I'm in a panic a little, I think I can do it but it's still nervous for me. I am not very social face to face, in fact.. I turn red, and forget how to speak practically. But I saw on one of the crochet sites (I forget, one of the ones that teaches certifications) it has info on how to teach people. So, with that.. and it's at the library so we can snag books too for more diagarams. I think I will tell her yes :) It could be fun and then I'd also get to finally meet others who crochet in person too! I think it'll be fun to teach them basics, and then if they practice, I can teach them the basics of amigurumi and granny squares. My two favorite things hehe!

So that's where I've been

Sue could you send me an updated list

Done.

Might as well send me one too while you are at it.

Done.

Sue - can you send me a new list?

Send me your e-mail again. I thought I saved it. :think

Sue, if the list has been updated, would you mind sending it my way as well? Thanks!

Done.

Yes, Sue, :lol can you send me an updated list also? Thank you! ;)

Done.

Done.

:yay GOOD NEWS!!! DH and I are officially moving out of my parent's house on Oct 30th :yes We looked at the apts my sister lives in (she's been there over 2 years) and because everyone loves my sister, the manager waived the application fees ($50) and pretty much approved us instantly, she only ran our credit as a formality, and she had "the guys" stop working on another apt so they could work on ours (getting all new carpet, linoleum, counter tops, and paint) so we can move in this month instead of waiting until Dec.!!!

The best part is all the storage space this unit has, a huge walk in pantry (good thing cuz I have tons of baking supplies) and a big hall closet (it's like 6 feet wide, like a bedroom closet... with the sliding doors) and a walk in closet in the master br.

So we'll be in the building next to my sister's and DH's brother lives in the complex behind us, so we'll all be neighbors :)

now my energy is low again, stupid lupus/fibro.. it cramps my style! I had a great past month of loads of energy and got so much things done. But now I got more down time to sit and crochet. today was pretty good though, I was able to go biking! Checked the thrift shop, no new vintage books. I did find some cute craft supplies though, and I did see a weird crochet hook. It was a Boye, silver metal (not actually silver, but it was silver colored shiny metal) and it had a ball at the end. I hadn't seen a crochet hook like that before. I should have got it, it was an I hook though. I usually use G. Maybe if I'm up for it, I'll go get it tomorrow. It was just odd and kind of neat looking. I always see stuff, get home and go "ugh I should have bought it!"

Plus tomorrow my shelving should arrive and also some plastic shoeboxes! I got the Whitmor brand wire crate type shelving, meant for kids I think, from Amazon in white, to put together and have my husband hang them on the wall. I haven't quite figured out that part yet, but it can't be that hard. Then I can sort some yarn into it, that way I can easily see what colors I have for squares and washcloths, then some can hold fabric too since I'm back to using it fairly often now cause of swapbot! Then the shoeboxes to sort other small crafty things so I feel less like a disaster. Joining swapbot means there is crafts all over the house now. Seriously, half the couch is covered too haha! I make room for us to sit and then tell my husband "AHH! Don't move so much! You'll mess it up!" haha He's so good, he sits still as best he can haha. I do have to constantly swat his hand away from the various tools and supplies, I'm all "Hey! Tools for crafting, not for playing!" and I say "You don't see me getting the cordless drill and running around giggling and draining the battery do you? So paws off my crochet hook!" hehehe.. we both just laugh, cause we both know he's gonna constantly pick my craft stuff up and mess with it hahaha

I've been busy with the swapbot site too this last month, even found some crochet square swaps yay! I've sent out three envelopes and one so far has been sent to me, and I have another swap I mail out next week, and another soon after if I qualify for the swap. My afghan is gonna have squares from all over the world. The UK yarn one is so nice, thinner than worsted but beautiful! She even sent me samples so I could make at least one more (maybe more?) granny square :)

Plus the librarian asked me to teach crochet recently! I'm in a panic a little, I think I can do it but it's still nervous for me. I am not very social face to face, in fact.. I turn red, and forget how to speak practically. But I saw on one of the crochet sites (I forget, one of the ones that teaches certifications) it has info on how to teach people. So, with that.. and it's at the library so we can snag books too for more diagarams. I think I will tell her yes :) It could be fun and then I'd also get to finally meet others who crochet in person too! I think it'll be fun to teach them basics, and then if they practice, I can teach them the basics of amigurumi and granny squares. My two favorite things hehe!

So that's where I've been

]

Sounds like you have been very busy. Your shelving sounds great. Let us know how it works out. Congrats on teaching crochet at the library. I bet you will do a great job because its always much easier to teach something that you enjoy doing and it should be pretty laid back since its at the library.

:yay GOOD NEWS!!! DH and I are officially moving out of my parent's house on Oct 30th :yes We looked at the apts my sister lives in (she's been there over 2 years) and because everyone loves my sister, the manager waived the application fees ($50) and pretty much approved us instantly, she only ran our credit as a formality, and she had "the guys" stop working on another apt so they could work on ours (getting all new carpet, linoleum, counter tops, and paint) so we can move in this month instead of waiting until Dec.!!!

The best part is all the storage space this unit has, a huge walk in pantry (good thing cuz I have tons of baking supplies) and a big hall closet (it's like 6 feet wide, like a bedroom closet... with the sliding doors) and a walk in closet in the master br.

So we'll be in the building next to my sister's and DH's brother lives in the complex behind us, so we'll all be neighbors :)

:yay:yay for good news!

Getting ready for a week vacation! See you guys soon!

Also, if you volunteered to make me a comfortghan square for the Redskins themed blanket - could you let me know if you have sent it or when you will? I appreciate it!

Does anyone else do this?

When I get close to the end of a ball of yarn, I tend to crochet faster as though I'm trying to beat the yarn to the finish... lol... I have no idea what that's about

I need a volunteer to help with sending out the address list when I'm not around. Anyone??

Does anyone else do this?

When I get close to the end of a ball of yarn, I tend to crochet faster as though I'm trying to beat the yarn to the finish... lol... I have no idea what that's about

:rofl

Congrats on your move!!!!

Archived