Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

AdminNote: TurtleLvr is no longer able to keep up with this CAL, but the participants don't want to see it end. We are closing this thread for further posts. Please visit this new thread to keep taking part or to join the fun!

I want to make a friendship-ghan and know there are many people with squares in their wish list. I want to start making at least 1 square a week and send them out once a month. Anyone else interested?

If you've received a square, please post a thank you (here and RAOK thank you thread) without listing the senders name. This is RAOK afterall! Plus we'd love to see pictures of the squares you receive and the progress your afghan is making!

If you are looking to get squares, please PM either me or post here what you are looking for. You can PM me your address or put where your wishlist is so we can get it from Janet or Terri. Nobody is obligated to make and send squares even if you want to receive them. We are just trying to get as many friendship-ghans made as possible! :hug

Need to be a Villager in order to receive the address list. Sorry.

Need a new list?? You MUST PM me with your e-mail address in the PM.

Here's a list of who's looking for what, but don't forget to check wishlists too!

* means I have their address and you can PM me for it if you want to be anonymous.

? means I don't know what size/type/color square they'd prefer. Please let me know so I can update.

*AbbyNormal: 6 or 12", any

*Abigail1280: 6" any

*annmcc1976: 12" blue, purple, variegated

*annmcc1976's dd: 12" pink, purple, yellow and/or green

*ariiaana: 12" simply Caron, blue

*AshyN: 6" navy blue, hunter green

*Aussie Paula: 12", any color, but prefers solids

*BaseballMom18: 8" or 12" blue, green and/or teal3

*Bubbe: 8" WW, any color except solid black

*Butterfly5776: 7" dark red (claret), black and/or white

*CindysSweetThings: 2-12" (patchwork), any color, favorite is yellow, doesn't want too much white

*cratfylady1956: 12" ww, any

*crochet321: 3, 6 or 12" GRANNY squares in muted fall colors

*CrochetBoosh: 12" ww, any

*crochetluvknot: 8", green/soft white

*cshort: 8" fall colors solid or variegated

*distinctives123: 8" earth tones or varigated and 12" any color

*dobermama: 10" RHSS solid colors, fall colors (think fall leaves)

*dragonracer3: any size, any color, ww

*ducky73: 12" bright red and/ or white

*Faith: 6 or 12" acrylic, brown, pink, tan or red

*grannieannie: 12" acrylic, purple and/or yellow

*hershey038: 6 or 8", any

*hershey038's dd: 8", lime, hot pink, turquoise and/or purple

*hhensler: No more needed! :)

*honex99: 6", any color, but purple is her favorite

*hopewilbanks: 6", light springy colors (no dark colors)

*ImmaFreek: 6" or 12" acrylic, any pattern or color, prefers granny squares

*jessicali: 6" any color, favorites are pink, green, purple and blue

*JustAddGlitter: No more needed. :)

*kam: 8", black, green and blue

*KatieBug: 6 or 12", any yarn, any pattern, any color prefers blue, green and dark purple though

*katyallen8090: No more needed. :)

*kidget29: 12", pink, light green and/or cream

*Kimgoodie: 6 or 12" ww, black, pink or grey

*kuddlekubs: 8" cotton, BRIGHT colors

*LeslieG: 8" RHSS Aran

*loopy1: 8", any, few or no holes (ex. not lacey) **Please put in a note with the yarn color (she is partially color blind) and your Ville name**

*Lovin2Crochet: 6 or 12", any

*mandymae: 8" ww, any

*melia.ann: 8", green, orange and white

*mom w/a motif: No more needed. :)

*mumbles17: 12" green/teal/beige/cream

*nira: 12" acrylic, any color ADDRESS HAS BEEN UPDATED

*oldcountrygirl: 8" cotton, earth tones

*pat54: 8" acrylic ww, any

*pineknott: 8" RHSS

*PiscesCrocheter: any size, color or pattern in ww yarn

*p.s.warrington: 6" RHSS, pastel colors (see her signature for specifics)

*rscowtown: 6 or 12" RHSS, any

*rosebud75: 8" ww acrylic, any

*sahm2g1b: 6" any

*Segi1974: 12", purple/green HOLD OFF SENDING SQUARES FOR NOW!

*Skoggy: 8" WW, soft pinks, purples, yellows, creams, or any other "girly" colors for a baby

*SlyeCreations: 8" WW acrylic

*sopo: 6" cotton, black/white/gray, solids or variegated

*sweetpossibilities: 10", any

*tcandlgmom: 12" ww acrylic, any

*teakaycee: 12" RHSS

*teakaycee's dd (Jamie): 8" black, white and/or gray

*thepunkrockinchick: 12" yellow, green and/or blue

*tiffer93: 6 or 12" WW acrylic pink, gray, white and/or black

*tmpinsnty: 8" RHSS variegated

*tonyal: any size or color

*trudem: 10", RHSS, black and blue (not navy)

*WVUAlesha: 12" cotton

*x3melissa3705: 10", any

*yarn_monkey: 8" RHSS/ILTY, bright colors (no black, grey, etc.)

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Sue so many kind ladies here did send to me for my friendship ghan and I'd love to join this one..

Can you tell us more on how it will work.. Do we make squares and send them out or do we keep the squares we make???

What size squares are we talking about?

hugs

Lillibet

We would make them and send them out. A lot of peole have them listed in their wishlists and some in their signatures. Size would depend on the size the person wanted. Some want 12", some 8", etc. Same with color.

I was just going to start doing it, but thought I might get some people in CAL to join in.

Sue this CAL is a great idea... It would be great if all of us here wanting Friendship Squares would join this CaL this way it would be easier for us to get to know all those wanting a square etc....

In the mean time I think i'll just start searching for those that want friendship squares and take it from there...

I Have updated my wishlist which is on my siggy, this will make it easier to see ....

hugs

Lillibet

First I must give a big :hug to my dear friend MooMoo. Now I can carry on with the business at hand :). I would like to join in on this one too. I am collecting 8" squares, any color, preferably made with WW yarn like RHSS for my friendship ghan. What are the two of you collecting? Ask and you may receive ;). In the meantime I will start scanning thru the wishlists and sending out squares. Thanks for the wonderful idea and for starting this CAL Turtle :hug.

First I must give a big :hug to my dear friend MooMoo. Now I can carry on with the business at hand :). I would like to join in on this one too. I am collecting 8" squares, any color, preferably made with WW yarn like RHSS for my friendship ghan. What are the two of you collecting? Ask and you may receive ;). In the meantime I will start scanning thru the wishlists and sending out squares. Thanks for the wonderful idea and for starting this CAL Turtle :hug.

You're welcome! :hug I'm looking for 12" in cotton (acrylic is TOO hot for Florida). Any color or pattern. PM me your address and you'll be my first victim...uh recipient. :lol

MooMooo is looking for 12" too that I do know since I sent her one a couple weeks ago.

as soon as i reach villager status i will post a list and join in ok? or should i just post what i would like in this thread?

You can join in now! If you want to send your address to me until you can post a wishlist that way people can contact me for it to send you squares. Let us know what you're looking for!

I would love to join this CAL! I belong to a group elsewhere that makes a few squares a month and this would be the perfect use for some of them! I would like 8" or 12" squares in blues, greens or teals. Nothing too bright though! WW is preferable but am ok with other types!

OK ladies I have my list made of what everyone is wanting. So be on the lookout as I am on a :crocheting frenzy after not being able to do much the last couple of months :lol. I just love RAOKing, doesn't it make you feel like your on :c9.

Can I come play? please?

:heart

:mug

:yes:yes:yes Please please do come play with us.....the more the merrier :hug. Lets us know what your wishes are and they may just be granted ;).

Can I come play? please?

:heart

:mug

My dearest Tammy, of course you can! Send me your address! :hug

Great idea, Sue! I have all of my squares joined and need about 8 more 12" squares to have a nice, big ghan. I'd love to help finish up others' ghans. :hook

I was hoping you'd jump in Nicole!! Send me your address again. I keep losing it (your address and my mind :rofl ). :hug

y'all mind stating what type of yarn? acrylic, wool etc? the reason i requested RHSS is because i need it's durability and wash-ability...but if you have another similar variegated yarn that's fine with me...

What is a friendship-ghan? I don't mind making squares, but I don't particularly like making granny squares. I have a cable diamond square that I'm willing to make for someone. Is that ok?

A friendship-aghan is one made up of different squares made by different people, kinda like the comfortghans. You can make any kind of square pattern you like, you just need to make the size, color and type of yarn people are asking for.

We'd love to have you join us Madison! You make some BEAUTIFUL squares! I have to admit your basketweave was my favorite! :manyheart

Count me in! TurtleLvr, I have some cotton Peaches and Creme in white to make at least one 12" basketweave square for someone. ;)

The answer to this question is probably obvious, but how will I know when someone needs a 12" square? Is there somewhere that requests for squares are posted or will someone send me a private message with their address? Please be patient with me - I'm still learning how things are done here at Crochetville.

Please can I join too? :c9

Of course you can Susan! The more the merrier! :cheer

Count me in! TurtleLvr, I have some cotton Peaches and Creme in white to make at least one 12" basketweave square for someone. ;)

The answer to this question is probably obvious, but how will I know when someone needs a 12" square? Is there somewhere that requests for squares are posted or will someone send me a private message with their address? Please be patient with me - I'm still learning how things are done here at Crochetville.

Hmmm, I want 12" cotton and love your basketweave.... :hug

A lot of people have them on their wishlists which you'll be able to see once you're a villager (which you will be with 1 more post!). A whole new world is going to open up for you! Some are listing on here what they are looking for or even in their signatures. If you need help finding someone to send to, let me know.

Hi Sue,

Can I join in too?? I don't need any squares but love to make them for whoever needs them.

:mug:cat:yarn

Hi Carrie! Welcome welcome!!! Everyone is welcome to join in! :hug

Last week I was going through the Wish Lists making notes of those wanting squares and was really wishing there was a separate thread somewhere with just square requests for friendshipghans. I had been thinking about Tampa Doll's bags, Elle's shaws, MooMoo's tank sets, and Turtlvr's totes and had decided I could work on squares for people. I hope those wanting squares will find this thread and join in. It would be nice to see people counting down how many squares they need and seeing finished ghans.

Hi Brenda I agree with you it would be sooooo much easier if those wanting any size squares would join us here this ways it would be easier to keep track of who wants what..

Maybe they will catch on soon...

Lets keep our fingers crossed..

hugs

Lillibet

Archived