I got a jimbo hook!!!!!

I went out with my Mom to lunch and arrands. When I got home there was a package for me. I had no idea what I might have ordered! :lol I saw the return address and almost started crying. Thank you SOOOOOO much Jimbo and Elle! I've wanted one of your hooks since the first time I saw them, but always seem to miss the auctions. Next month's tote will be made with my new Jimbo hook so a little extra love will go into it. I could just hug the stuffing out of you! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Congratulations! He is quite a guy and his hooks are out of this world!

He is quite the guy! Last week a FGM sent me a Turn of the Century hook, now a Jimbo. I'm in hook heaven! :manyheart

I'm so glad you like it! I had decided that I was going to order you a Jimbo hook, but I wasn't sure what size. When I contacted Jimbo about it, he said that he thought you had one of his hooks on your wish list and that he had been thinking of sending you one, and he asked if it would be OK if we made it from both of us. Since I can't think of anyone nicer to be partners with in the giving of a gift, I said "sure!". Jimbo really is a special guy! Enjoy your hook, I hope you get many years of pleasureable hooking from it! :hug

:yay Congratulations!!!:yay

how absolutely awesome! Elle and Jimbo....... you did good!!!

have fun with your new toy Sue.......... :hug

:heart

:mug

team original design

team flannel'ghan DONE

I'm so glad you like it! I had decided that I was going to order you a Jimbo hook, but I wasn't sure what size. When I contacted Jimbo about it, he said that he thought you had one of his hooks on your wish list and that he had been thinking of sending you one, and he asked if it would be OK if we made it from both of us. Since I can't think of anyone nicer to be partners with in the giving of a gift, I said "sure!". Jimbo really is a special guy! Enjoy your hook, I hope you get many years of pleasureable hooking from it! :hug

I'm thrilled to death!!! I still have goosebumps!!! :hugs

I'm thrilled to death!!! I still have goosebumps!!! :hugs

Enjoy! :clap:hug

This is the very best part about Crochetville - RAOKs. There is no better way to make yourself happy than to make someone else happy! :c9

Enjoy! :clap:hug

This is the very best part about Crochetville - RAOKs. There is no better way to make yourself happy than to make someone else happy! :c9

And you are very very good at making people happy! If anyone is looking for me I'm on :c9 with my Turn of the Century and Jimbo hooks!

post-28075-135897507094_thumb.jpg

These are hooks I've received lately. The top one is my new Jimbo, the middle is from a FGM its a Turn of the Century and the bottom one DH bought me for Christmas.

I'm still on :c9 !

I'm sorry to sound stupid, but what's a Jimbo hook?

You don't sound stupid at all! You're new here, that's all!

Jimbo is a wonderful man who lives in the Pacific Northwest who makes the most beautiful hand-carved crochet hooks! He makes them out of all kinds of exotic woods and he auctions them off. Sometimes, though, he has contests where you can enter to win one, so read his blog regularly so that you can keep up with what's going on and whether or not there are hooks either for sale or being given away at any particular moment. :)

I'm just floored with the generosity of the people on this board. First a Turn of the Century, then the Jimbo. This is the exact reason I give the totes away every month. Spreading the love!

It's very exciting to get a crochet hook from Jimbo. I got mine in December totally unexpected. I even took it to church to show a friend. That was right at Christmas time and I was acting just like a kid who takes their favorite Christmas present to church. Then in January I received a tote from Turtlelvr. Again it was a totally unexpected surprise. But because of the bad weather we have been having here I just went to church this past Sunday. Guess what I took with me? You are right. I took my "new" "blue" tote from Turtlelvr. The only problem my friend was not there this past Sunday. But there is always this coming Sunday or even our women's meeting in March. Enjoy your new hook. Jimbo Hooks are the best.

Archived