Can't stop making HATS!

Titus2woman

Nice hats. I hope you have a charity in mind to donate them to. That hat pattern is great. I've made my share of those too.

:manyheart

Thanks y'all~I used an I hook and increased rows to dc, dc, dc, 2dc, repeat around~then onto dc around until desired length or I run outta yarn~HA HA! This has been a FUN stashbuster!!!!

Two of the hats are mine (the green and mottled red), 'cuz I had not one hat! LOL! I wasn't planning on a charity, but only because there are so many in need right around me. I live in a very urban area with a homeless population, and within walking distance there is government housing, social services, etc. I was just gonna do my own thing handing them out as needed. The baby hat is a gift for a friend. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I'm so sorry muise~it's not you! I explained it from memory and sandi-speak rather than real crochet terms~LOL!

Your Round 5 should go like this: Ch2, turn, *dc in first three stitches, 2dc in the next stitch, repeat from * around, join with a sl st in first dc.

The rest of the pattern remains the same except your end counts~which I've not bothered to do~ACK! and the I hook. I hope that's better! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I'm so sorry muise~it's not you! I explained it from memory and sandi-speak rather than real crochet terms~LOL!

Your Round 5 should go like this: Ch2, turn, *dc in first three stitches, 2dc in the next stitch, repeat from * around, join with a sl st in first dc.

The rest of the pattern remains the same except your end counts~which I've not bothered to do~ACK! and the I hook. I hope that's better! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks! I desperatly need a pattern for a 12-18 month old; I wonder if I just use an I hook w/ WW as written if it will work? I am so tired of frogging, every pattern I try is too small.

I started my own hat last night after I saw your post here. I just want to clarify, because I had to pull a lot out last night and start again at round 5, I should follow the pattern exactly as written except for round 5? I also just noticed that the yarn I am using is the same as you used on the hat in the upper right corner. I wondered last night how it would look when I am finished and now I know! LOL Thanks!

Thanks to all! Dawn, I would follow the pattern as written through round 4, add in my round 5, and then make the pattern's round 5 round 6~only with different counts. I hope that makes sense~I'm horrible at 'splainin'! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~so glad y'all like these~makes my day!

Archived