Jacobs Ladder Round Ripple Afghan Pattern- PICS ADDED

CroJulee

PLEASE NOTE: On rnd 3 your piece will really start to ruffle. It's not an error. It's part of the pattern. I suggest you read through all of the instructions before you start work on the ghan.

post-4632-135897502505_thumb.jpg

This pattern has not been tested. If you find any errors please PM me. If anything confuses you please PM me and I'll do my best to help. I tried my hardest to make this pattern understandable but today is one of those days where my brain is just fighting me all the way. Lol Oh well.

I wrote this pattern but the design was made possible thanks to Pam (alostlady2). It was her brilliance that combined the two. So, THANK YOU PAM!!!! :-D (It won't be exactly like hers cause I didn't get a close up of the afghan but I know how the Jacobs Ladder pattern works so I used my base knowledge of that design and the RR design and went from there.

Jacobs Ladder Round Ripple Afghan Pattern

Materials:

You can use any Hook and Any yarn you want.

post-4632-135897502517_thumb.jpg

Double Crochet Finishing Technique Stitch *DcFTS* (any better ideas for a name? Lol)- (yarn over, insert hook in top of next Dc, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, place hook through loop made by the Ch6, yarn over, pull through Ch6 loop, yarn over, insert hook in top of next Dc, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through remaining 4 loops on hook).

post-4632-135897502513_thumb.jpg

Ch4,

Rnd 1: Make 15 Dc in 4th Ch from hook, Sl St in top of Beg Ch3. (16 Dc)

Rnd 2: Ch3, (Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in same st as sl st, *Ch 6, Skip next Dc, Shell (2 Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in next Dc. Repeat from * to * around. Skip next Dc, Sl St in top of Beg Ch 3 and in next Dc. (8-Shells, 8-Ch6 Sps)

Rnd 3: Ch3, Shell in next Ch2 Sp, *Dc in Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch 6, Skip next Dc, Dc in next Dc, Shell in next Ch2 Sp*. Repeat from * to * around. Dc in next Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch6, Sl St in top of Beg Ch3 and in next Dc. (8- Shells, 16- Dc, 8- Ch6 Sps)

Rnd 4-?: Ch3, Dc in next Dc, Shell in next Ch2 Sp, *Dc in next 2 Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch6, Skip next Dc, Dc in next 2 Dc, Shell in next Ch2 Sp*. Repeat from * to * around. Dc in next 2 Dc, Skip next Dc, Ch6, Sl St in top of Beg Ch3 and in next Dc. (8 Shells, 32- Dc, 8- Ch6 Sps)

Repeat rnd 4 adding 1 more Dc to each side of Shell until you reach your desired blanket size.

Before you work Finishing Rnd: Twist the first 6 chains and pull the 6 chains after that through (do not twist the second or any other chain after the first one). It will look like the top of a crocheted chain. Repeat that between all 8 hills.

Note: Your very last DcFTS will be worked just like every other DcFTS except you will work the very last set of instructions for that stitch in the top of the Sl St. I really hope that doesn’t confuse ya’ll to much.

Finishing Rnd: Ch3, *Dc in each Dc to Ch2 Sp, Shell in Ch2 Sp, Dc in each Dc to the last Dc (before the Ch6 sp), DcFTS over next Dc, Ch6 loop and Dc*. Repeat from * to * around. Sl St in top of Beg Ch3.

I didn’t make any more rnds after this but if you wanted to you could continue on for a few more rnds in which ever way you like.

NOTE: For the example in varigated yellow I used an "H" crochet hook. I should have used a larger hook. It's a little tight.

post-4632-135897502515_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all……..

Julee and Pam………Thank you both!

Pam… you’re creation sparked creativity in Julee and we now have a new fun pattern to play with!

Thank you!!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

I added pictures ya'll!!!!

Flia- Jacob's Ladder is a stitch pattern I believe. I've only seen it used in dishcloths and afghans (usually just back and forth afghans until now).

Hope the pics are ok!!

Julee

I added pictures ya'll!!!!

Flia- Jacob's Ladder is a stitch pattern I believe. I've only seen it used in dishcloths and afghans (usually just back and forth afghans until now).

Hope the pics are ok!!

Julee

The new pictures are great, and the joining tecnique intrigues me. I have to try that one :yes.

I see now what Jacob's ladder is, thanks.

You have so many names for crocheting patterns in the US. Here in Europe (or in Sweden anyway) we have names for the separate stitches only.

But I'm learning slowly :crocheting

• 1 month later...

I'm using this pattern now. So far, so good, I've finished 20 rounds. I found all the loose chain segments annoying, so I've been chaining the 'ladder' part as I go along, and securing the end with a stitch marker.

for the beautiful afghan pattern. I love the Jacobs ladder!! Just finished

the Hexagon Shell Jacobs ladder so I am really looking forward to trying

this pattern!! Your afghan came out really nice!!

Joanne

Before you work Finishing Rnd: Twist the first 6 chains and pull the 6 chains after that through (do not twist the second or any other chain after the first one). It will look like the top of a crocheted chain. Repeat that between all 8 hills.

wow this looks great! am gong to try one of these sometime.

one question, the bit ive copied above, does that mean the "braiding" of the ladders .......

not sure what you mean about twisting though :( have seena vid of someone doing a normal jacobs ladder

thanks

Archived