Jacobs Ladder Round Ripple Afghan Pattern- PICS ADDED

CroJulee

Rnd 2: Ch3, (Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in same st as sl st, *Ch 6, Skip next Dc, Shell (2 Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in next Dc. Repeat from * to * around. Skip next Dc, Sl St in top of Beg Ch 3 and in next Dc. (8-Shells, 8-Ch6 Sps)

is there a chain 6 missing from this row?

just started one of these today, i love it. 6 rounds in and my hubby is calling it a lilly pad :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops. Yes there is. You should chain 6 before you join rnd 2.

Rnd 2: Ch3, (Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in same st as sl st, *Ch 6, Skip next Dc, Shell (2 Dc, Ch2, 2 Dc) in next Dc. Repeat from * to * around. Skip next Dc, Ch 6, Sl St in top of Beg Ch 3 and in next Dc. (8-Shells, 8-Ch6 Sps)

Sorry bout that!!! I'll go and fix it in the first post.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished my first one of these, and it will not be my last! I love this pattern for something a bit different from other RRs.

This one is a gift for a friend whose wife is expecting within the next 4-6 weeks. The yarn is Michael's Loops & Threads, pee wee print. Size H hook. Finished off with a round of reverse sc (crab stitch).

post-5630-13589762522_thumb.jpg

oh oh oh this is so cool, I can't wait to try it, I love both RRs and Jacob's ladder, what a neat idea to combine them

The first Jacob's Ladder pattern I ever made was a doll "Darling Dolls" in one of the 'Weekend Crochet' magazines - a bed doll with the skirt done in RH Mexicana with a solid round every few rows. I didn't know the stitch pattern had a name until years later when I saw it on here. All I knew was that I loved it. I gave all my patterns away when I was working so much overtime I couldn't crochet - besides having no desire to :think, then wished I hadn't and it took years to find that issue again. It had three dolls in the articles. I think the one I made was called 'Mexicali Mary'.

I added pictures ya'll!!!!

Flia- Jacob's Ladder is a stitch pattern I believe. I've only seen it used in dishcloths and afghans (usually just back and forth afghans until now).

Hope the pics are ok!!

Julee

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived