2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Linda that is fabulous!!! :cheer Your ghan is going to be beautiful!!! I'd love to see progress.

tia :h5 no gain!!

Things have slowed down on my end, I lost 2 pounds from last week, which makes me 184. I was hoping but I started to add carbs back into my diet and forgot to read the book. I needed to add with protein to help with the blood sugar spike.

I bought the new wii fit plus, OMG the marching band is so funny. My coordination is really bad and I was laughing throughout the entire thing!

I was thinking of getting up early to do leslie's walking on my cable box, they have free workout videos and they change them out every month or more. It's actually very handy.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Susan and Linda~ Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!:cheer

Tia~No gain is a good thing too. Stick with it!:clap

I lost 1.2 pounds for the week. Not huge, but it's a good start for me.:yay

Got room for one more? In the last 8 years, I've gone from a size 6 to a size 20! It causes all sorts of health problems, but health problems helped cause the fat-up, too. I'm tired of being trapped inside this porky babe and want to be a buff mama again. You can be buff at 55, can't you? Darn it, I'm going to manage!

This thread gave me the courage to weigh and my goal is to lose 81 pounds, the equivalent a medium-size-child. The tips have been great. Am thinking about the project :-)

Hi, Andi! :hi Welcome to the group. :welcome The more the merrier. I've got 35 pounds to make the doctor happy, and 20 more to make her really happy. I'll soon be 60, so 55 is certainly not too old to change how you look.

Welcome, Andie! I think you can be a buff mama at any age.:D Let's hope so anyway. Since we're sharing, I'm 44, but if you listen to Leslie Sansone, I'm only like 34 if I keep exercising, if not, 54! I guess exercise is a good thing and I will try my hardest to stick with it.:yes:cheer

Welcome Andie! :hug

Before last Christmas ('08) I had a 105 lbs. to lose. When I started this 2010 Weight Loss CAL, I had 88 lbs. to lose. Every little bit eh?

Oh, I'm 42 and it's never too late to start getting healthy.

:yarn 3 lbs. lost, 85 to go.

:yesTuesday's Tip~

Cranking the tunes and boogieing around the house is a blast! Exercise without thinking about it. Best done with no witnesses!!:jumpyay

The stubborn scale isn't budging but the pants are a wee bit looser. We (the dogs and I) explored a new section of logging road yesterday which took us up the power line which got us following elk trails through the forest which.............suffice it to say we got a workout!

well i did stay the same as last week...not bad - hoping for some loss this week

finally made it back to my class after a month off in dec. my muscles seem to have vanished with the holidays.

can I come in and play?

I have a blog going for weight loss... but want to know if its okay to come play here too for more encouragement and support?!

The madness to my method is a bit different... but like all of you here... I want to lose some weight.

I'm counting calories and making sure I drink lost of water!

My Weigh-in days are Wednesdays. So I weighed in this morning and lost 3 pounds from last Wednesday! yay me! :D

My gift to myself is yarn. For every pound I lose ... I gain a pound of yarn. So this works to my advantage... because I can crochet and knit like crazy :c9 I lose weight... gain yarn.. and create gifts! BONUS!

So although I'm going about things a bit differently... would it be okay if I come on in?

you all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

:heart

:mug

can I come in and play?

I have a blog going for weight loss... but want to know if its okay to come play here too for more encouragement and support?!

The madness to my method is a bit different... but like all of you here... I want to lose some weight.

I'm counting calories and making sure I drink lost of water!

My Weigh-in days are Wednesdays. So I weighed in this morning and lost 3 pounds from last Wednesday! yay me! :D

My gift to myself is yarn. For every pound I lose ... I gain a pound of yarn. So this works to my advantage... because I can crochet and knit like crazy :c9 I lose weight... gain yarn.. and create gifts! BONUS!

So although I'm going about things a bit differently... would it be okay if I come on in?

you all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Absolutely! Welcome and congrats on losing 3 lbs.! :yay:yay:yay

Jump on in!:jumpyay This CAL is more about support and encouragement than getting things done. Getting things done is a great side benefit, though!

Thank you!!! :hug

I'm getting so much done lately too! I have been more focused... both on my weight loss and my crafting!

Merkitty, congratulations on staying the same. It seems I either lose or gain, so staying the same instead of gaining is great!

:hi Hi, Tam, welcome to the group! :welcome And congratulaions on the loss! Gaining a pound of yarn for every pound lost sounds like a great incentive!

Merkitty, congratulations on staying the same. It seems I either lose or gain, so staying the same instead of gaining is great!

:hi Hi, Tam, welcome to the group! :welcome And congratulaions on the loss! Gaining a pound of yarn for every pound lost sounds like a great incentive!

Thanks so much!

Yeah.... more yarn and less of me.... I like that idea.. heheheheee

I cant wait to see your dragon'ghan.

Welcome to the CAL! I think a pound loss get a 16 oz worth of yarn is brilliant.

Hmm, I should do that sometimes. :heehee It's really a good idea.

Side note: I found out I finally lost a pound after few weeks of plateau! :yay So, it make 7 tiles on the afghan. :yes

No, I didn't touch the afghan yet. I find that it's good for me to work on the afghan once a month. Seeing it progressing slowly as I lose weight slowly is a good reminder to go steady and slow with my weight loss. :)

Welcome to the CAL! I think a pound loss get a 16 oz worth of yarn is brilliant.

Hmm, I should do that sometimes. :heehee It's really a good idea.

Side note: I found out I finally lost a pound after few weeks of plateau! :yay So, it make 7 tiles on the afghan. :yes

No, I didn't touch the afghan yet. I find that it's good for me to work on the afghan once a month. Seeing it progressing slowly as I lose weight slowly is a good reminder to go steady and slow with my weight loss. :)

Thanks for the welcome!!!:U

I have a blog that I started last year with some ladies and it never really took off. This year I got back on it again and have been trying real hard to get it moving and stay focused. We're The One Pounders. One pound at a time! Lose a pound of weight.. gain a pound of yarn! :D

Since I lost 3lbs from last week.. I get to buy 3lbs of yarn this weekend!! :yay I know exactly what yarn too... heheheheeee

Congrats on your weight loss!!! Thats Awesome! I havent read through this whole thread to know... but what are you working on as encouragement?

Tam~ I love the idea of a pound of yarn for a pound of weight lost! I ran it by my hubby and he says don't you have enough yarn? Well, does anyone have enough yarn?:P:think We'll see.:yay

Welcome and good luck increasing your stash!:cheer

Tam~ I love the idea of a pound of yarn for a pound of weight lost! I ran it by my hubby and he says don't you have enough yarn? Well, does anyone have enough yarn?:P:think We'll see.:yay

Welcome and good luck increasing your stash!:cheer

Thanks for the welcome!

I lose weight.. gain yarn... and gifts get made. I think its a win win win situation... LOL

OK, I think that I will officially pick a project for this CAL. It's called "I love Scraps Afghan". I found it at crochetmagazine.com. I'm thinking one set of repeats for each pound lost. I'll have to get started for the pound I lost last week.

OK, what happens if I gain? Do I need to rip out?:lol:eek

For me, I wouldn't rip out anything if I gain any pounds. I put it somewhere I can see it. Sometimes, it beg me to finish it which push me harder to lose some pounds or add exercise days.

My original goal is to lose 20-30 pounds. Wow, 20-30 pounds of yarn to add to my yarn stash boggles my brain. My geeky side is definitely all giddy over the idea. :lol

I am doing an afghan that is made of tunisian crochet - strips of tiles in order of colors in my signature. Soon, I should post a picture of my afghan in progress and details.

Archived