2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blush I know. I have 4 stashes in 3 different rooms. It's part of my plan is to go through and sort and finish. There are goofy things like not liking the boarder so I didn't finish, not wanting to tuck in ends on a queen size afghan, sewed a handle on backward and started around the edge wrong, starching.....:lol

----added I am so very excited, this is day 3 of South Beach and I already have lost 4 pounds!!! I have to admit I have taken second looks at various items but I've pulled my big girl panties up and turned my cheek!

I weighed in this morning and the weight loss goal is 35 pounds. I gained several pounds over the holidays. Yuck! Oh, well, today is the start for me.

:blush I know. I have 4 stashes in 3 different rooms. It's part of my plan is to go through and sort and finish. There are goofy things like not liking the boarder so I didn't finish, not wanting to tuck in ends on a queen size afghan, sewed a handle on backward and started around the edge wrong, starching.....:lol

----added I am so very excited, this is day 3 of South Beach and I already have lost 4 pounds!!! I have to admit I have taken second looks at various items but I've pulled my big girl panties up and turned my cheek!

:yay Susan!

I haven't weighted in since earlier this week but don't think I'm doing so hot...been to tired and a little sick still to exercise.

Hello everybody, so great to see new people in this thread!

I did nada on crafting last few weeks beside xmas and a Janurary birthday gift. Basically, I need a break for a while.

I gained some weight during the holidays but I am glad to say that I lost few pounds recently. :)

What help me so far is adjusting my eating habits, what I eat, portions, etc. I am a meatless vegetarian but yeah, vegetarians can get overweight too.

I try to commit myself to doing exercise. I dont like to admit that I got lazy about it. For now, I am walking more and keeping myself moving a lot.

I plan to add more tiles to my weight loss afghan this weekend, just the pound tiles. I am not sure about the exercise days so I will not count them yet.

I hope to set up an official exercise plan next week. :yes It will be mainly walking until I can figure out a good schedule.

I do have some neglected WIPs/PIGS in my closet. :lol Once I get few projects out of the way, I hope to give some TLCs to some closet UFOs. :c9

How's everybody doing lately ?

Hi Diane! :hi Good to hear from you.

Happy PHOTO FRIDAY! I can't wait to see some pics in this thread. I don't have any of my project as I'm still trying to decide what to make. :think But I'm thinking of spinning yarn for a sweater. So here is the picture of the spinning wheel that I made all by myself! Edit to add: the flyer is Ashford.

post-11662-135897494037_thumb.jpg

post-11662-135897494042_thumb.jpg

if forgot what the photos are to be of.....projects? life?

Michelle I hope you are okay! Those nasty colds can turn quick.

Linda how is you new start going?

Diane good luck with your exercise plan, your are not the only one with that issue

tia I am very impressed! You made that and you spin your own yarn too? I tired at a craft show I went to but I was all thumbs, crazy! What's a flyer?

Okay, I'm out the door for work, I should have been 15 min ago......

if forgot what the photos are to be of.....projects? life?

Michelle I hope you are okay! Those nasty colds can turn quick.

Linda how is you new start going?

Diane good luck with your exercise plan, your are not the only one with that issue

tia I am very impressed! You made that and you spin your own yarn too? I tired at a craft show I went to but I was all thumbs, crazy! What's a flyer?

Okay, I'm out the door for work, I should have been 15 min ago......

The pics can be anything related to your weight loss/exercise lifestyle. See the definition that I added to post #1.

A flyer is the 'U' shaped piece that holds the bobbin and spins around the bobbin as you treadle. My 2nd pic shows the flyer with some practice yarn on the bobbin. (I'm still learning).

I will have to buy yarn before I can actually start my weight loss dragon. That will be a few days, as we have ice and snow that are making travel difficult to impossible here in northern Georgia. :flake It's not much compared to up north, but we aren't set up for it and no one knows how to drive on it down here. The snow is on top of ice that is very slippery. :flake And it is very cold for us, too. It will be Monday before it gets above freezing. For us that is frigid.:wbrr

post-9295-13589749406_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897494064_thumb.jpg

Pretty snow! Our place looks like that too, we got a couple inches last night. And the last snow hadn't completely melted yet, so all is white again.

We did surprisingly well last night (our furnace is on the fritz). That gas heater downstairs really cranks out the heat...much better than I thought it would. We've used it sparingly before, but never all night. As long as we don't lose power, we're good with the gas heater, 3 space heaters and an electric blanket. We don't have a generator, so losing power for more than a day is the only thing I really worry about.

Thanks Tia and Susan,

I'm getting better only sleeping about 3 hours a day instead of all day and all night now.

I did lose 1.5 lbs over the holidays and I thought I was pigging out so I guess I did good there. I've lost 30 and have 100 more to go so it will be a while but I'll get there :yes

Thanks Tia and Susan,

I'm getting better only sleeping about 3 hours a day instead of all day and all night now.

I did lose 1.5 lbs over the holidays and I thought I was pigging out so I guess I did good there. I've lost 30 and have 100 more to go so it will be a while but I'll get there :yes

I hope you mean 3 hours DURING the daytime....congrats on losing weight during the holidays! That's an awesome feat. :yay

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Tia - Wow, you are so talented! I wonder if you ever use the wool that I sent you a while ago ? I would love to make a folded spinning wheel... one day...IF I can make room for it in the closet with all the yarn stash and projects waiting for me. :lol

I am envious (Ok, not so much but still) about the snow. I am a New England native who live in California for almost 20 years. I don't see much of snow for a long time. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Michelle, I was same as you. I manage to lose about the same during the holidays. It truly surprised me when it happened. I am so glad that you are doing well with the weight loss, 30 lbs lost (almost 1/3 way!). :yes

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Tia - Wow, you are so talented! I wonder if you ever use the wool that I sent you a while ago ? I would love to make a folded spinning wheel... one day...IF I can make room for it in the closet with all the yarn stash and projects waiting for me. :lol

I am envious (Ok, not so much but still) about the snow. I am a New England native who live in California for almost 20 years. I don't see much of snow for a long time. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Michelle, I was same as you. I manage to lose about the same during the holidays. It truly surprised me when it happened. I am so glad that you are doing well with the weight loss, 30 lbs lost (almost 1/3 way!). :yes

Oh yes, I haven't forgotten about that. Before the holidays I picked through and sorted close to 1/2 of it. Then I got busy making some Christmas gifts. And also repairing my wheel. I still need to wash it. It's very soft wool, can't wait to spin it, but perhaps I should when I've had a bit more practice.

Awesome! :) Can't wait to see the hank when it's all spun.

Please make sure to wash a sample first. I am not sure how it will look with wool/ merino/ maybe a bit of silk. I got it from a white elephant yard sale. So I don't get the washing instructions with it. Once it's dried, spin the sample. That's what I did once with some mystery wool. I found out that there is some cotton in it which I think is strange. I tossed it out because it's just 2 oz or so.

Do you plan to dye it too ? (Yup, I am goofing around at work)

It's Recipe Saturday...anyone have a healthy recipe to share?

This isn't a true recipe, but it's the way I changed my morning cereal to be more healthy. I purchase a variety of multi-grain cereals, including granolas and always a bag of brown rice puffs because they contain no sugar. I make sure the cereals I choose do not contain high fructose corn syrup, but rather less processed sugars like brown rice syrup, molasses, evaporated cane juice, etc. I mix the cereals together in my Tupperware cereal container, making sure the brown rice puffs account for at least 1/4 of the mixture.

Then when I'm ready for cereal in the morning I measure out 1/2 c of my cereal mixture, add 1/3 to 1/2 c of sliced fruit or berries, 1 rounded teas. unsweetened coconut flakes, a large pinch or two of flax seeds and a generous sprinkling of ground cinnamon. Finally 1/2 cup 2% milk.

I find this is a lot more nutritious and filling (that's important!) than just a bowl of flakes.

What is 1 rounded teas ?

Sounds like an interesting recipe. I should try it sometimes soon. :yes

I have a recipe in mind but I have no time to type it down tonight. I will do it tomorrow. :)

What is 1 rounded teas ?

Sounds like an interesting recipe. I should try it sometimes soon. :yes

I have a recipe in mind but I have no time to type it down tonight. I will do it tomorrow. :)

teas. is an abbreviation for teaspoon.

I'm on South Beach so and this is my fav!

clean out a tomato like you would a pumpkin, take the pulp plus a mixture of italian seasoning, finely chopped mushroom, onion and whatever other veggie you would like, mix with low-fat mozzarella cheese, stuff back into the tomato and bake in oven until cheese is nice and brown

I had a great weigh-in, although I owe it all to South Beach. I work long hours and this just works for me.

I lost 5.5 pounds since last Sunday :c9

I'm on South Beach so and this is my fav!

clean out a tomato like you would a pumpkin, take the pulp plus a mixture of italian seasoning, finely chopped mushroom, onion and whatever other veggie you would like, mix with low-fat mozzarella cheese, stuff back into the tomato and bake in oven until cheese is nice and brown

I had a great weigh-in, although I owe it all to South Beach. I work long hours and this just works for me.

I lost 5.5 pounds since last Sunday :c9

Congratulations! Your recipe sounds yummy.

Archived