2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

:clapOk- Well, I've decided since I need tol lose 40+ lbs, this would be a great CAL to join! I'm going to do a pattern from Caron use either their SPA or Country yarn! Since it's super soft and a little pricer than others I will really be looking forward to cuddling up in it! Not exactly sure how I am going to split it up yet though since one pattern has 130 squares and the other has 111 motifs!:eek

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay I am joining again this year, I fell off last year after a 10 pound loss and managed to gain another 10! I began the South Beach diet today, the next two weeks are going to be great! LOL! i still have my caron country in dk purple from last year, maybe change it up a bit to a nice thermal or hdc.....

Onward!!!

190/191.5/140

Hi all,

I'm in for this. I really need to lose weight more than 100 lbs to lose so this will be good for me.

Trish, which patterns are you looking at? I could do a square/motif per lb lost :yes

Before the holidays I had managed to lose 25 lbs but I think I've gained most of it back. I'll weigh in today and see how bad off I am again.

How about we make Tuesdays, Tip Tuesdays....

And Fridays, Photo Fridays....

And Sat., Recipe Saturdays?

Tip Tuesday - we can post one tip each Tue. that is anything about eating/shopping healthy, exercising, etc.

Photo Friday - post a pic of anything related to your weight loss/exercise lifestyle: a current weight loss/exercise project, a pattern you want to make yourself once you have lost weight; something you want to buy yourself after you lose some lbs.; pics of your outdoor activities/trip you took to burn some calories, etc. (it can be a link to a pic on a website).

Recipe Saturday - share a recipe for healthier eating.

So be thinking today about a tip you can share tomorrow.

Hi all,

Trish, which patterns are you looking at? I could do a square/motif per lb lost :yes

They are both on the naturallycaron page. Either the Lenox throw or the Sunscape.

They are both on the naturallycaron page. Either the Lenox throw or the Sunscape.

Thanks Trish, I like the Sunscape one a lot.

I'll have to see if I can find the yarn to buy locally or if I'll have to order it.

How about we make Tuesdays, Tip Tuesdays....

And Fridays, Photo Fridays....

And Sat., Recipe Saturdays?

Tip Tuesday - we can post one tip each Tue. that is anything about eating/shopping healthy, exercising, etc.

Photo Friday - post a pic of anything related to your weight loss/exercise lifestyle: a current weight loss/exercise project, a pattern you want to make yourself once you have lost weight; something you want to buy yourself after you lose some lbs.; pics of your outdoor activities/trip you took to burn some calories, etc. (it can be a link to a pic on a website).

Recipe Saturday - share a recipe for healthier eating.

So be thinking today about a tip you can share tomorrow.

Those are fabulous ideas! Keeps us motivated. Would we want to do a weigh in day together? Of course, you wouldn't have to participate if you didn't want.

Thanks Trish, I like the Sunscape one a lot.

I'll have to see if I can find the yarn to buy locally or if I'll have to order it.

I'm kinda leaning that way myself! Michaels and Joanns both have the yarn if you have them close by.

Would we want to do a weigh in day together? Of course, you wouldn't have to participate if you didn't want.

Sure, what day is best for everybody? I don't care what day it is.

how about weigh in on Sundays??? Makes you more accountable over the weekend?? :devil

You know, I was thinking that exact thing!

:yarn1 lb. lost, 87 to go.

Sunday works for me as that's the day I usually weigh in anyway unless life slaps me upside the head for a day and I don't get to :lol

My tip for today, Always keep raw veggies ready in the fridge so you have something healthy to munch on when needed.

The Biggest Loser premiers tonight at NBC.

I had dh drop his recordings to dvr it for me!

tip....protein, protein, good carbs, veggies, water :lol

Hi! :hi I've been lurking since this CAL started and have finally decided that I'll give it a whirl. I have around 30 or so pounds to lose to be where the doctor wants me. Sooooooo........ I've come up with what I get to crochet. It's a dragon quiltghan made out of 2 round granny squares (saltines). Two saltines per each quarter pound lost and 1 for each 15 minutes of exercising. I hate to exercise, so this will be a real challenge for me. There a 792 squares in all, so we will see how things go. Sunday weigh in is fine with me. I see the doctor on Friday, so I can tell her the plan, too.

post-9295-135897492688_thumb.jpg

Welcome Linda T! :hug Love that quilt-ghan! And saltines are fun to make.

About exercising, I find it's imperative to find something I enjoy doing...or I won't do it. I'm having lots of fun playing the Dance Dance Revolution game (PS2) on Workout mode (it counts calories burned) and when it warms up, I can't wait to get back to hiking. I've also got my bike fixed and ready to take out this spring.

Okay Susan I have to ask about your siggy, I know what WIPS are, what are PIGS? :think

works in progress....projects in grocery sacks.....:)

wonderful ghan linda! I can't wait to see it finished!!!

Kellie looks like you had so much fun in the rain! reminds me of oregon coast!

Archived