2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

I've lost three pounds, but not by doing anything proper. Been real sick with the flu, mostly stuck in bed the last few days. This is day 11 of being sick :( It shows no signs of easing up if late last night and this morning were any indications -sigh-

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda - congrats on the weight loss! I didn't weigh-in this morning, I knew it wouldn't be good. :blush

Meowy - hope you feel better soon :hug.

Sorry to those who gained - one of the hardest things when trying to lose weight is to not 'lose it' when going through a rough patch. Yesterday doesn't matter, tomorrow is another day! :hug:hug:hug

This sounds like fun. I would like to lose about ten pounds, and I think that these last few pounds are not going to be quick or easy. Instead of doing a row when I lose weight, I am going to do a row every day that I exercise. I am going to make the Sophisticated Shells Skirt and Wrap to wear on my new body when I am done.

I'd love to join this! I did my starting weigh in and figured that I need to lose 21 pounds.:( I could really use your help to stay motivated.

I haven't really picked a specific project to do for this. For now anyway, I think I will allow myself 2 minutes of crochet time for every minute of exercise and 1 hour of crochet time for every pound that I lose.

I would like to exercise 30 minutes each day. That would give me an hour to crochet as a reward!:yay

I tried doing the 2009 one, but I lost my job and things got kind of hectic. But I'm in for this one. I made a deal with my dad that if he quit smoking, I'd lose weight. And my sister and I are challenging each other to lose weight, too. Don't know yet what I'll crochet, but I'll figure it out.

I tried doing the 2009 one, but I lost my job and things got kind of hectic. But I'm in for this one. I made a deal with my dad that if he quit smoking, I'd lose weight. And my sister and I are challenging each other to lose weight, too. Don't know yet what I'll crochet, but I'll figure it out.

Welcome HannahMae! :hug Looking forward to seeing what project you pick.

What about the ripple or straight stripes in alternative colors (or scraps) ? Each row can count as a pound loss. What about squares or motifs that can be counted as a pound loss ?

What about the lovely wrap or shawl where you can wrap around youself as a congratulation hug ? :manyheart

It was a horrible day and I didn't plan very well....:angry I love when work decides to take over your life!

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to beg to get off early...LOL!

What about the ripple or straight stripes in alternative colors (or scraps) ? Each row can count as a pound loss. What about squares or motifs that can be counted as a pound loss ?

What about the lovely wrap or shawl where you can wrap around youself as a congratulation hug ? :manyheart

Good idea! Thanks!! I think a scrap shawl would be perfect.

Tuesday Tip: Errand day

If you are in a mall plaza, park the car near the store that will make you carry a lot of bags. Walk to other stores (on other end of the plaza) where you don't need to carry much during the whole trip. It's best if you go all over the plaza. Did several trips to the car if necessary. I did that for my errands all the time. I tend to save the food store for last trip to car. (Ex: Bookstore, pet store, clothes or shoe store, Bed & Bath, UPS store, Starbuck's, Joanne's, then food stores such as Lucky's and Trader Joe's)

I also do it when I walk downtown from my apartment (several blocks away) - Starbuck's, post office, bank, Walgreen's and bookstore. They are within several blocks range.

Basic idea: Walk all over the area in random directions, even in a big store or muesum. Take time and enjoy the walk. If pressured for time, just do it in a simple loop with brisk walking.

Tuesdays are my weight-in days. I check the scale today. My weight is same as last week - 6 pounds loss over the holidays (Thanksgiving to New Year's). That's without any exercise.

Anyone know any free calories chart that I can print out on Internet ? I am going to count my calories and see if it work better.

I really watch what I eat but I have no clue how much calories I consume during the day.

I still do my walks, mainly downtown and mall plaza for my errand trips. It's rather too cold to do long walks at my favorite place, the marina with different walking paths. I also do 1-2 hours of intense cleaning (Flyladying) daily in the mornings.

I watch Biggest Loser, last week's episode. Wow, it's amazing. I am curious about Bodybugg. I wonder if anyone can use it outside Fitness 24 gym.

I did some research on Bodybugg. Forget it, it cost too much to own one along with subscription fees. I think I will try Sparks website or MyFoodDiary website ($9 per month subscription fee).

I am going to try Sparks first. I will let you know how it goes. :)

I have lost another 2lbs. So, it 4 lbs all together . I have a at&t Iphone. And In the app store there is Free app called Lose it. I helps be daily calorie that I have eated. It helps me to control what I have eaten in a day. Like breakfast lunch and dinner and snack. Even my hubby using it. I want to lose 40lbs. It also add exercise that u have done. Say you house cleaning u put how long u clean the house and tell u how many calories u burned. And also vacuuming too that is exercise.

Tuesday Tips: Try putting Fat-Free Raspberry Vinegrette on steamed veggies instead of butter or margarine. It adds a nice flavor for very few calories. Use sour cream on baked potatoes instead of butter and save 70 calories/T.

My Tip for the Day is:

Track Your Food Intake!

I am so bad at doing this. It is still a tip for myself. Think I am going to go post it on my wall so it will sink in.

Just thought I would share that I think Sparkpeople.com is an awesome site and it's free. So much good info there if you put it to good use.:yes

My Tuesday Tip

If your hands stay busy with projects (crochet!:hook) you won't be putting food in your mouth!

For me today it was painting and chiseling old linoleum flooring in a bathroom we are about to remodel. No snacking for this girl.

I have EARNED this crochet time!:crocheting

My Tuesday Tip

If your hands stay busy with projects (crochet!:hook) you won't be putting food in your mouth!

For me today it was painting and chiseling old linoleum flooring in a bathroom we are about to remodel. No snacking for this girl.

I have EARNED this crochet time!:crocheting

Good for you! Keep those hands busy!:yay

Just thought I would share a little funny:

Well, it was getting late here and I still didn't have my exercise for the day in so I drag out my Leslie Sansone DVD and put on my workout clothes to do my 2 miles. My 9 year old son enters my woman cave and says, "Mama are you training to be a cheerleader? Cuz you sure look like one!"

Oh how I love my boys!:lol They always see the best in me.:cheer:D

Archived