2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Wow, that sweater is really kicking my backside! I've frogged it yet again. :( Even though I did a test swatch, it was still coming out way too small. I think it's time to give it a break. :blush

I've picked out an exercise project. It's the Copenhagen Jacket. Now to pick the yarn.

Sorry about all the visits to the frog pond, Tia, but that Copenhagen Jacket looks fabulous.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: I lost 1/2 a pound this week. But I will not count it as a pound (1 tile) on the afghan.

It was a bad week, one bad thing after another, blah blah. I think I did gain 1-2 pounds because of emotional eating. But we will see how it goes next week's weight-in.

I am getting sick of my weight loss afghan. I might try a new project as a breather. Then I can go back to the afghan. I will think more on it next week.

Love the jacket! How is it going ?

You might want to have that jacket finished by August...then it will be time to start concentrating on Holiday projects (if you're doing Holiday projects that is, it varies year to year for me).

Well, that's very true....

but I've just got to wipe out my WIPs this year, so I'll try not to think about what I'm going to do next until I see when I finish. You're right, though...I had several Christmas ideas. :lol

:sigh sweaters for me may have to wait for winter of 2012! :eek

ETA: :oops I meant to say 2011! I sure hope I don't have to put them off until 2012!! 2011 would be bad enough!

Update: I lost 1/2 a pound this week.

Love the jacket! How is it going ?

Congrats!

The jacket is going slowly. Once I get the pattern memorized it'll go much faster I'm sure.

:sun :snow Gooooooooooooood Morning all!

How is everyone this beautiful sunny/snowy morning?

The sky is clear... the sun is doing its best to peek out for the day.. and the temps are a lovely 6*.

My apologies for not being around much this week and :cheer all you on!

I have been busy with my 9yr old and his school project this last week! I did weigh in yesterday and lost 1/2 pound. Not much but better than gaining it ... right?! :D

I posted a pic of his completed doll here.

He decided on no face for her... because he didnt think they would have had faces on their dolls then. He is so cute!

have a fabulous Friday everyone

:heart

:mug

Good morning! Congrats on the 1/2 lb. loss Tam :cheer:clap.

It's a bit warmer here, 21 F. The last snow just melted completely a few days ago and they are calling for snow beginning late tonight. I don't think we're supposed to get much though.

I started exercising again... I took a break because my foot was hurting...so I'm starting back slowly.

I know today is photo Friday, but I'm having a tough time with both my projects. Hopefully I can work through the problems this weekend. I want to start seeing some progress on them. The Red Hot Sweater, which I'm heretofore going to refer to as my Alpine Wool Coat, since I'm using Lion Brand Alpine Wool yarn for it, is back to just the cast on stitches and the other, I'm not sure I'm doing the cables correctly. I'm off to find some videos.

Good morning! Congrats on the 1/2 lb. loss Tam :cheer:clap.

It's a bit warmer here, 21 F. The last snow just melted completely a few days ago and they are calling for snow beginning late tonight. I don't think we're supposed to get much though.

I started exercising again... I took a break because my foot was hurting...so I'm starting back slowly.

I know today is photo Friday, but I'm having a tough time with both my projects. Hopefully I can work through the problems this weekend. I want to start seeing some progress on them. The Red Hot Sweater, which I'm heretofore going to refer to as my Alpine Wool Coat, since I'm using Lion Brand Alpine Wool yarn for it, is back to just the cast on stitches and the other, I'm not sure I'm doing the cables correctly. I'm off to find some videos.

Thanks hon!

gosh.. I hope you get things worked out with your projects!

I love that Sweater ... its so neat... I cant wait to see yours!!!

:heart

:mug

Well, I had planned on posting a pic of my progress on the afghan, but my eldest son ran off with the camera for photography class. Who knows when I will see it again. Hope everyone is having a great week. I am struggling through this one. I can't wait to get my b 12 shot on Monday. My energy is really low.

It's Recipe Saturday. Here is my recipe for Italian Parmesan Chicken.

2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, butterflied

1 large garlic clove, finely minced

Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

Italian Seasonings to taste

Olive oil

Parmesan Cheese

Lots of aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Pull out about 2 1/2 feet of aluminum foil, on one half of the foil place the two chicken breasts, cut side up. Drizzle chicken with olive oil, add half of minced garlic and season to taste. Turn chicken over, add more olive oil, rest of garlic and more seasonings.

Fold foil over chicken and carefully fold over and seal the foil on all three sides, must be air tight. Place foil packet on baking sheet and bake until packed 'poofs' fully and internal temperature of meat is 170 degrees F, about 20 min.

Plate the chicken and grate parmesan cheese on top, fresh is best, and enjoy!

Tips: Don't fold the foil over too close to the meat, leave lots of room or the foil won't be able to 'poof'. If foil tears, it won't 'poof'. If you use commercially prepared parmesan, which is very salty, you may want to add less salt before baking. If you don't have a jar of Italian Seasoning mix, you can add some oregano and basil.

Well, it's pretty cold for our neck of the woods, too. It's 37 with a high of 49 expected today. I actually turned the heater on last night! :P

Here's a recipe for Recipe Saturday:

Southern Living's Oven Fried Green Tomatoes

I know green tomatoes aren't available quite yet, but they will be soon! So save this recipe for a few months and you'll be ready when the tomatoes start growing. :yes

If you want something to enjoy now, try some grilled asparagus. :fire Just toss lightly with olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper and grill over a medium-low flame. Roll perpendicular to the grate to keep them from falling into the fire. I only use a dash or two of salt and pepper. Just a tiny bit is all you really need. YUM!

I grill more in the winter months than the summer ones because it's just so darn HOT in the summer here, and standing over a fire is miserable work.

ETA: You can also stick several pieces of asparagus together with toothpicks (like little rafts) and grill them like that. It's easy to turn them over like that, but be sure to leave a little space between them or the sides won't cook. And if you just don't want to make a fire, you can use a George Foreman grill. It's not quite the same, but it's still tasty.

No picture from me this week as I've been too sick to even crochet. Bronchitis has really laid me low this week. I did earn enough squares this week for two more block on the dragon ghan and it looks like I've lost again this week so I should have a lot to show next Friday.

I've been trying to find a salad dressing that doesn't have a bazillion calories and finally decided to try making my own. It turned out great.

1 cup white vinegar

1/3 to 1/2 cup red wine vinegar

2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic

mixture of your favorite spices - I used oregano, thyme, Italian spices and Mrs. Dash garlic blend

artificial sweetener to taste - I used 12 packettes

Shake well and let set for at least 4 hours before using.

It only has 2-3 calories per tablespoon and is great on salads and veggies, raw or cooked. To make a creamy version add several tablespoons of the mix to 1 tablespoon of sour cream.

That salad dressing wounds yummy! Hope you feel better soon, :hug.

Here are some pics:

The Colors I'm using for my Alpine Wool Coat,

from left, Cinnamon, Chili & Olive:

post-11662-135897500097_thumb.jpg

And my Copenhagen Jacket:

post-11662-135897500091_thumb.jpg

Wow, I love the colors for alpine wool coat. I can't wait to see it.

I am still thinking on the small projects that can be a reward for me. I decide to do a small project per 5 or 10 pounds loss. (starting in 2010, I don't count previous numbers in 2009)

For my 5th pound loss, I decide to make a belt. Some pants fall to my hips so I need something to keep them up! :lol I have 2.5 more to go. I am not sure what I want to do for 10th pound loss. I might make a hat or start up a blanket for my parents' place.

Don't get me wrong. I really like my weight loss afghan. But it goes forever. I need some instant gratification. I need to be selfish and make things for myself. I don't remember last time I keep something I made for myself.

I got my paycheck recently. So I am going to buy myself a new pair of running shoes and some yarn soon. :D The weather is so nice, still cool but sunny. It's time to do running again.

Tomorrow, my mother and I will attend an international yoga conference. We plan to take a free yoga workshop and check out some booths in the marketplace.

Happy Sunday! I weighed in and have lost 2 lbs. :cheer

It snowed all day yesterday, they said only 1-3 inches and we got 8! I got my exercise shoveling snow. This morning woke up to a winter wonderland. It was a very calm snow, so every limb of every tree is covered. :sman

:yarn 5 lbs. lost, 83 to go.

Happy Sunday! I weighed in and have lost 2 lbs. :cheer

It snowed all day yesterday, they said only 1-3 inches and we got 8! I got my exercise shoveling snow. This morning woke up to a winter wonderland. It was a very calm snow, so every limb of every tree is covered. :sman

:yarn 5 lbs. lost, 83 to go.

Congratulations, Tia! :yay:clap:yay Way to go, Gal!

I weighed in, also, and lost 3 3/4 pounds. Amazing what being sick does to one's appetite. :lol

Teresa, I love those colors! They're very similar to the colors I have for an afghan....but it's one of my WIPs, and I'm thinking of changing the project to a wrap or a jacket....I'd like to felt it though, and I'm not sure how to go about felting something like a jacket.....hmmmm :think I've got some time to mull that over, because it's pretty far down on my list of WIPs. It's probably the last, actually.

Well, it's Weigh Day, and I'm very upset. Either I gained 20 lbs this week while trying to cut back and make healthy choices (and I think I've really done pretty darn well this week in that respect) or my scale needs new batteries. So instead of the 69 lbs in 69 wks like I thought I had, now I've got 89 1/2 lbs in 68 weeks. :cry That's still only about 1 1/2 lbs a week, but it's extremely frustrating. I don't know if I lost anything this week at all. I guess I'm really not 100% sure how accurate this week's weigh-in is, either. It's more in line with my last Dr's visit, though. So I'm guessing it's true.

:sigh I know that what's most important is that I keep on going, not what the scale says, but I really hope I make my goal, and learning that I'm 20 lbs farther from it than I thought sure isn't good news.

tia....:yay congrats on the weight loss and the snow!! I'm sure it is very pretty and I kinda miss it. The jacket is beautiful!

busy-bee-lmt...:hug I hope you are feeling better!

happystitcher....at least you will be healthier and more fit :hug I hate life's little frustrations.

tahlara...yoga conference, how very cool! How was it?

Merkity....I hope your week was great

Well, I totally let my diet and exercise slip and the scale and my attitude suffered greatly for it. I was nervous about Charlie dog's surgery and recovery and it all went down hill from there....Since last weigh in I went up 3.5 pounds :blush

Teresa, I love those colors! They're very similar to the colors I have for an afghan....but it's one of my WIPs, and I'm thinking of changing the project to a wrap or a jacket....I'd like to felt it though, and I'm not sure how to go about felting something like a jacket.....hmmmm :think I've got some time to mull that over, because it's pretty far down on my list of WIPs. It's probably the last, actually.

Well, it's Weigh Day, and I'm very upset. Either I gained 20 lbs this week while trying to cut back and make healthy choices (and I think I've really done pretty darn well this week in that respect) or my scale needs new batteries. So instead of the 69 lbs in 69 wks like I thought I had, now I've got 89 1/2 lbs in 68 weeks. :cry That's still only about 1 1/2 lbs a week, but it's extremely frustrating. I don't know if I lost anything this week at all. I guess I'm really not 100% sure how accurate this week's weigh-in is, either. It's more in line with my last Dr's visit, though. So I'm guessing it's true.

:sigh I know that what's most important is that I keep on going, not what the scale says, but I really hope I make my goal, and learning that I'm 20 lbs farther from it than I thought sure isn't good news.

Oh, no! :hug Here's hoping it's your scale's batteries. I can't believe you gained that much in one week. Something is definitely screwy there. Hang in there. :hug

I've found that writing everything down that goes in my mouth has been a huge help in my losing. It's just a real wake up call when the numbers are there staring me in the face. And when the numbers are good the weight seems to just keep coming off.

happy stitcher - sounds impossible to gain 20 lbs. in one week, must be your scale, hope you can get it figured out.

smith - hope your doggy is recovering well. Sorry the scales weren't nice to you last week. Here's to a better week this week.

Linda - It's great that you keep a journal. I've tried the food journals many times, that and counting calories daily, never can keep up with doing those kinds of things. I just try to eat only when I'm good and hungry, then eat as healthy as possible, stopping before I get too full and exercise when I can.

No, no - I don't think I gained 20 lbs this week. It's just frustrating to realize that I'm starting so much heavier than I thought. I know I didn't gain. My clothes wouldn't fit if I'd gained 20 lbs! :lol But they are a little looser than last week, so I'm just going to keep going. It's just that I was so psyched to find that I had only one pound a week to lose to make my goal - it seemed so attainable. Not that it isn't attainable now - it most definitely is...but it's a psychological set-back to find out my first weigh-in wasn't accurate. Now if it had been inaccurate the other direction, I would've been thrilled to find that out this morning, but 20 lbs heavier is 20 more lbs to lose. :sigh

I'll just have to keep at it.

Archived