2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Patty. :hi Welcome to the group! :welcome We're glad to have you join us whenever you can. That recipe sounds very tasty.

Tam, congratulations on no weight gain. Hope the headache goes away soon.

I made ham/multi-bean soup for supper. It's a good source of protein and I can have some as long I don't go over-board on the amount. I've found that putting food on the salad plate instead of the dinner plate helps me feel like I'm still getting plenty of food with smaller portions. Using the desert bowl instead of the soup bowl also helps me keep the portions smaller without feeling like I'm being terribly restricted.

Thanks to all for the welcome. I am glad to find support on here as I have little at home although my hubby means well, he often sabotages (sp?) my weight loss because of wanting to eat out or bring in food and bringing me things he knows I like like chocolate and zagnuts as surprises. I've told him not to but he likes to bring me things and since I am allergic to flowers and anything with a strong smell, it is hard for him to find me a treat. Anyway, it is good to have some support even if from a distance, of course you are as close as my laptop aren't you LOL,

busy-bee-lmt said:

"Don't forget to reward yourself with something for yourself as you work on the weight loss. It's really important to do nice things for yourself."

I have a very hard time with this so maybe someone can give me some suggestions. My problem is thinking of something I can do that I enjoy and is doable for me. I don't get out much so that is hard, and a lot of things I used to do I can no longer do due to disabilities. I hate to treat myself with projects or more yarn since I already have 445+ skeins and so many projects I need to do so can you help me think of some kind of treat.

What do you guys do to treat yourselves and how often?

Also, it may be a while before I can actually post an amount on weight lose, I have just ordered a scale so I have to wait until it comes in.

Treats that I like include:

taking a long, hot soak in good bath salts (they don't have to be highly scented)

earrings, rings, necklaces and other jewelry

soft scarves

special crochet hooks (bamboo or other woods)

books

a music cd

hats

yarn and/or quilt fabric

I love dark chocolate and find that if I restrict the amount to just a small piece or two once a day I can still have it on my diet. Having a little now and then also helps to keep me from binging on it.

Tam - no gain is good news! Hope your head feels better real soon. :hug

Thanks hon!!! :hug

Hi, Patty. :hi Welcome to the group! :welcome We're glad to have you join us whenever you can. That recipe sounds very tasty.

Tam, congratulations on no weight gain. Hope the headache goes away soon.

I made ham/multi-bean soup for supper. It's a good source of protein and I can have some as long I don't go over-board on the amount. I've found that putting food on the salad plate instead of the dinner plate helps me feel like I'm still getting plenty of food with smaller portions. Using the desert bowl instead of the soup bowl also helps me keep the portions smaller without feeling like I'm being terribly restricted.

Thanks!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Welcome to the thread, Patty and Sue! :)

The recipe sounds interesting. I should try it with mushroom broth sometimes.

My rewards:

-Commit myself to a hour of a selfish project (something that I always want to make for myself)

-Soak in a hot bath, no bubbles or anything. (My favorite!)

I promised myself Sunday night baths where I can read a book in the bathtub. I turn off the bathroom lights and closed the tub doors shut. I set up a booklight on the tub corner behind my shoulder.

The effects is so pretty. All I can see is the "pool" effect of water ripples around the walls, so cool! I read the books that will be thrown away later so I don't mind if I dip it in water by accident.

You can use a candle if there is some room in the bathroom.

-A novel.

-Pedicure and nails painted in a fun color. Last time I did dark purple with glitter. I am 35, so what? Hehe.

-Yarn, any knit or crochet related stuff

-Eating out or shopping

-Hair color or haircut

How often: It depends on the reward itself. I usually do a big reward once a month or week. For my daily reward, I try to make a bit of quality time where I can read a book or take a walk at my favorite marina nearby.

I forgot to mention something crazy I did today. I parked my car by the cafe an hour early. I walked home so I can finish up few things. I finally walk back to the cafe, just in time for the SnB meetup. It just got dark, perfect timing. After the SnB meetup, I drive back home.

The walk round trip took me about 3 miles total. :D It's a blast. I will try to do it when I can attend SnB. It's fun and I feel good about it.

I did more tiles on the afghan. I am on the third strip, 5 more tiles to add. :D I am sure I have few more tiles but I lost count.

All the treat ideas are great!

And the suggestion to use smaller plates is very good, too! The size of dishes has gotten bigger over the years - esp. in America. So reducing the size of your dish automatically reduces your portion.

Diane, I love your walking to SnB idea - that's terrific!

Everybody have a great day!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. There are a few of them that I can use. Baths are out since I can't get in and out of a tub and I can't do the jewelry cause my hubby spoils me with that as it is. However, the books and a movie would probably work out for one and I haven't made anything for myself ever so that is an idea but not sure what I would make. I also like the idea of a movie, we rarely go to the movie because of on demand but that might be a good treat also. And of course, I love the idea of more yarn or hooks, one can never have an over abundance of those can they? Well, anyway thanks now all I have to do is talk myself into believing I deserve a treat once in a while. Now, another question do we have to post our weight loss each week, or is it just whenever? Thanks again

Sue - You can post your weight loss whenever is most convenient for you, but we do have a Sunday weigh in that you can participate in if you wish.

We do Netflix for most of our movies, but when it's a movie that we know is going to have awesome special effects like Avatar 3D or Star Trek or something like that, then we like to see it in a theater.

Like Tia said, I find that weighing in once a week keeps me honest and catches a slip before it can get totally out of hand.

Yesterday I was hungry all day long. I ate way too much, but as long as I behave myself today and tomorrow I should still be okay for the week. We've had four days of rain and cold this week and it's doing a number on my mood. Not to mention my arthritis. We could even get some snow today if this cold front moves a bit farther north. Yuck!!!!! I have to get Kim out to a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I'm NOT looking forward to it. It's nasty out there and we are both trying to get over bronchitis. Yuck!!!!!

Oh I was very bad yesterday too. I don't know what happens to me sometimes. :blush But I'm hoping also that if I"m good the rest of the week, I'll have a good weigh-in on Sun.

Hope to post pics later today. It's Photo Friday. How are your projects coming along everyone?

Ah, my migraine is finally gone and I was able to exercise today, yay! I had a really bad week and I am dreading my weigh in on Sunday. I forgot all about photo friday. I will go take a pic of my progress and be right back.

Here is the progress on my I Love Scraps Afghan. I was able to do 9 inches for the 3 pounds that I lost. I am hoping that I haven't gained it back after this week or it may be sitting for awhile.

post-6187-135897502325_thumb.jpg

Anyone here getting that humungous snowfall beside me? We have a good 5 inches I would say so far and it is suppose to snow until late tomorrow. I'll let you know the final total.

We've got LOTS of snow here! :snow I haven't measured it, but it's a few inches higher than the top of the patio table, and it's still snowing! This is the most snow I've ever seen. The power has flickered a couple times, hope it doesn't go out. My sister, an hour away, lost power last night.

Anyone here getting that humungous snowfall beside me? We have a good 5 inches I would say so far and it is suppose to snow until late tomorrow. I'll let you know the final total.

We've got LOTS of snow here! :snow I haven't measured it, but it's a few inches higher than the top of the patio table, and it's still snowing! This is the most snow I've ever seen. The power has flickered a couple times, hope it doesn't go out. My sister, an hour away, lost power last night.

Oh, dear! I hope that you both stay safe and warm. We missed out on the snow that they said that we might get, but it is way too cold for my liking. I am ready for spring in the worst way. I want warm weather! NOW!

Archived