Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...I managed to finish my June project today! This can either go with "tiny tots" or "dressed up like eskimos"...:lol I still need to put the zipper in it, but I have to wait a couple days until I go to the store and get one. I made this for my son, but it's going to be too big for a while. The pattern came from Bernat (http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=179) but I used Boucle Traditions yarn from Hobby Lobby that I found on sale.

post-21933-135897536978_thumb.jpg

He'll be 9-months-old on the 9th. I haven't actually tried it on him at all yet, so maybe it won't be as big as I think. Of course, he's got a few months to grow before he'll need it anyway. :lol

I can't believe how quickly June is going! It is a busy month here with the end of school and planning to fit as much life as possible into 2 months of summer :lol I am working on a flannelghan, so I think I'll say it is something to curl up in while the chestnuts roast. Almost 1/2 way there. :cheer

Ohhh...not another month already! I'm still playing catchup. Lots of things have happened in the last few months so I couldn't get much crochet time - but I kept trying. :) One of my SIL's passed away unexpectedly, then was buried in Arlington Nat'l Cemetery with her husband so we stayed there to have a vacation of sorts with our kids. Hopefully I can get caught up since most of my ideas have been pretty simple things. I need to relax with my hooks & yarn. I think it's time to sit in my rocking chair on the deck & just waste some time. :lol

Lori- Sorry to hear about your SIL's passing! It was good that you were able to turn it into a vacation of sorts with the kids. Washington DC is a wonderful place with so much to see and do. Did you go to the Smithsonian? I love it- haven't been in years, but used to go there every summer when my Aunt was still alive and lived in DC.

Hello there!:ctree How, and why, is June whizzing by so fast? I can't keep up with myself! I had planned on getting a head start on Christmas gifts this month. But then my sister asked for a blanket, and now I'm addicted to the pattern. I'm going to try to get at least one Christmas tree done by the 30th.:xfin

How are you all doing on your June projects?

I don't have a chance of finishing/starting for this month. We are remodelling and planning a graduation party. On top of that, I have health issues and spent 7 hours in the hospital with no results. I'll have to play catch up.:think:yes

Lori - My sympathies about your SIL's passing. I hope you are starting to find more time in your rocking chair. Sounds like a lovely place to crochet :dreaming

tralee - Sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you get some results that help.

It looks like a lot of us have been too busy or preoccupied with other things to get much done this month. I am about 3/4 done on my flannelghan and I don't know if it will be completed this month or not. I guess I have this weekend. Maybe I'll try to fit in some crochet time.

I'll "see" you tomorrow with the July song.

Good choice Colleen! Maybe if I sing it loud enough I'll feel a little cooler!:lol

Not sure what I'll do for this one yet.:think I'll have to think about it.

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!! Wasn't it just a few short months ago, we were all wishing for summer?:lol

Too bad "Somewhere over the Rainbow" isn't a Christmas song- since I'm working on a very colorful granny stripe afghan right now!:lol

:hi Hey everyone!!!

I am so sorry I have been missing!

I have been working on projects though!

Summer time is so busy for us. My three younger boys are all in Baseball! My 14yr old is on two teams... the other two are each on a team. They keep us running! The 14yr old is off to Football camp today. He has Football conditioning every other morning and a couple Wrestling camps this summer. I have lots of pics on my blog if anyone wants to see.... they are my sweet busy boys! The older three kids keep me busy with grandbabies.............. :whew

It also doesnt help that I have been dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck and a kidney infection. sheeeeeesh

My 11yr old has gone into a relapse...... but is doing good now... weaning off the meds and heading toward remission. I'm POOPED.... LOL...:U

Anyway... I hope you all will forgive me for not being around ... posting and supporting you all!

There have been some really neat projects made!!!!

This is my MAY project!

post-18634-135897545269_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897545288_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Archived