Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

I finally finished my daughter's dress. :clap I've been having issues with my left shoulder/arm/hand so I haven't been able to work on it much. I forced myself to finish the skirt part a couple days ago and attemped sleeves. The sleeves didn't look right so I pulled the one back off. I'll post a pic tonight or tomorrow...she's out playing right now so I can't get her to model it! :lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A turkey sounds neat!

I finished a granny lapghan- so I'm going to count this as June's project- this way I have no pressure to finish something else:devil

Joanne, love the lapghan. I'd never think to put those colors together, but they look very nice. I like the way you arranged the squares.

Braxxi~she is just too cute! The dress looks awesome!

Dragonpuck and Joanne~love the afghans.

I'm still working on my May projects. Hopefully I will finish sometime this week. I already have ideas for the June song. I think I will make some toy ornaments.:think

Hello! This sounds very very fun. Can I still join?

:hi Welcome Yarn. :welcome Please do join us, we'd love to have you!

Joanne - I love your afghan. I love those colours!

Lynn - Your afghan is beautiful! I love it!

Braxxi - That dress turned out so cute! I love the colours and the way the orange and the varigated work together. Your daughter is cute too! Good job!

That dress and your daughter are beautiful Braxxi!!

Lynn- I absolutely love your pineapple afghan! Stunning!!!

Welcome Yarn!!!

Beth- I never would have put the colors together either, except that the variegeted yarn was purple and green! And I messed up sewing two of the strips- but was not about to take it out and do it over! LOL

Joanne, I love the colors in your granny lapghan. How do you attach all your squares? I haven't sewn many together and am curious how other people do it.

Braxi..that's a great dress! Does she love it?

Lynn, your pineapple afghan is absolutely beautiful. Did it go together easily?

Hello Yarn,

I am new to crochet-a-longs, so this was new to me. I have been using patterns that I find on the internet or books, but I know there have been people that use their own. Can't wait to see what you pick for June!

Michelle- I whipstitched them together, but I think if I make another one, I want to learn the "join-as-you-go" method. There are several tutorials onlinehere and here are a couple.

Yarn: I use patterns and if something is not working out or making sense, I improvise. But I've only been crocheting a little over a year, so there is not too much improvising going on!:lol

@ Yarn, i have a ton of patterns , but always seem to modify them one way or the other:crocheting

mostly i change the colors and number/size of squares.I also modify instructions to what seems simpler for me.

I think many pattern writers think complex is best .

@shelby37

actually was quite easy, most MAM (mile a minute)type afghans work up quickly, and pineapples, though appearing complicated are very easy once you get the pattern in your head.

I usually slip stitch or use single crochet to join- i find "join -as -you- go" difficult to hold on to ,especially with a large afghan and multiple squares, ( arthritic thumbs and wrists)

This one took me all month, but i made two baby blankets and started another afghan at the same time-- keeps me from getting bored and not finishing anything:hook

thanks to all for your kind words

Yarn - I do a bit of both, use patterns and improvise.

Lynn - You had a productive month of May! I really do like that afghan. Is it for you or is it a gift?

I have been using the join as you go method, but I want to try whipstitching. I've slipstitched before too.

It is officially June 1st. I guess it's time for me to look at those lyrics and think of what to make. :think

Lynn - You had a productive month of May! I really do like that afghan. Is it for you or is it a gift?

thanks:hook, i will probably donate it- the green - no dye lot- is two different colors, serves me right for having the WIP for a year(or more) and stealing yarn from the bag for other projects:blush

and there are a couple of mistakes in the pattern, from watching hockey while i crochet- i get distracted :devil and didn't pick them up before it was joined, sooo -- i figure someone who needs the warmpth won't be bothered by a couple of minor imperfections---

Archived