Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

Good Morning! I have a busy day ahead of me.... I have a "Star Student" lunch today. The girls teacher picks one student every week to be the star. On Wendsay they get to pick 2 friends to have lunch with the teacher and if a parent wants to come they are welcome to. Before I do that I have to pack a lunch and pay bills sounds like fun dosen't it? Hope every one is having a good day!

Congrats on your Star Student! That sounds like an awesome achievement. Are you a proud mama?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up for this and never got back to report my progress

1 scarf is done and I'm 12 inches into the second one

my daughter is going to attempt to show me how to do hats,hope it works out,I want to do hats so bad,but when I try to follow any directions I fail at it dismally,I must have been absent when they went over, how to read direction with understanding,lol

Hi everyone! I made a hat this morning #5- while I was waiting for DD to wake up and get ready for our day to the museums in Boston !

It's another one of the hats made from the WoolEase thick and quick!

Hello All!!! I have to put all the projects I want to work on on hold until I get this baby blanket done... Friends of ours had theire baby 7 weeks early over the weeekend, so now that is what I have to get done ASAP! I will post pics when I get it done. I hope to have it finished today or tonight..

Have a GREAT DAY!!:hook

Both mom and baby are doing good...

Taylor, I love you hats. The one with the brim is too cute!!!

Dorothy, I had my twinners 7 weeks early. I'm glad to hear that mom and baby are OK. That's quite early. How big is the little bundle of joy?

I finished a hat on Sunday. Our internet has been squirrelly lately, so I didn't get it posted. I hope this will post. :xfin

Dorothy, I had my twinners 7 weeks early. I'm glad to hear that mom and baby are OK. That's quite early. How big is the little bundle of joy?

I am waiting to hear from the babys daddy to find out how he is. I think he weighed a little over 5 pounds. I had my twins at 29.5 weeks.

Taylor- I love your hats ! You are so talented!!! That one with the brim is adorable!!!

Dorothy- Love the RR- wow you are fast!!! Hope the baby is doing well. I was a 5 lb baby when I was born!

Beth - WTG on the hat!!

I'll be traveling back home tomorrow and then it is back to reality. We stayed in all day today- it was snowy/sleety kind of day- we watched 2 movies and we baked cookies. Had Chinese food delivered for dinner! I made a hat for DD yesterday and this morning made matching fingerless gloves. She now has matching hat, scarf and fingerless gloves from the yarn she picked out last time I visited.

Got some more hats made the other day and 2 more washcloths while at a hockey camp today with my son. Planned on much more crocheting but did more talking and watching with the other parents. Didn't think we'd know anyone but did and that was nice too.

Dor - that RR is neat. Was that a varigated yarn? Does look soft.

Taylor - great hats girl!

The yarn I used was Bernatt baby corodnates. It is a self striping yarn with a sparkley thread that runs through it. You never know how your blanket will turn out! I have used it in the past to make several blankets. It is very soft the only draw backs to it is the thread will catch and some times when it changes colot it gets thicker or thinner. It washes wonderfully and looks great for a long time after.

Tays hat that every one has commented on was done on a knitting loom. They work up fast and you get some interesting patterns from it being "knitted" some of the yarn looks completely diffrent than it does crocheted...

I had my instruction on how to make a hat,only took 3 hrs to go five rounds,all that counting,pulling out and restarting,I think by the third hat I may have it down pat,I hope

It gets a lot easier with practice. Congrats on learning something new!!! Keeps the brain young, you know!

I had my instruction on how to make a hat,only took 3 hrs to go five rounds,all that counting,pulling out and restarting,I think by the third hat I may have it down pat,I hope

What pattern are you using? When I first started making hats they were a mess. Keep practicing!! It will get easier and better. :cheer

thanks for the encouragement

somehow I was getting extra stitches,I'm a slow crocheter to begin with,but once I get the hang of it,I know it will be worth it.forgot to add,its from suzie's stuff,the kid's granny hat

Archived