Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorothy, enjoy your "You" time tomorrow! It sounds like fun. I've needed a nap for the last 2 days. I think I can get one.... Thursday. No -- I need to get the car inspected then. Maybe on Friday.

I have set up a bag that I'm leaving in my van for doing hats. It will always be with me while I'm waiting for kids. I think I spend 3 or 4 hours every week waiting for those darlings. I sat for an hour and 15 minutes today, and almost finished a hat. If I have that yarn convenient, I should have no problem meeting my quota! And I can still work on the projects I have rolling at home.

How is every one doing? I can't wait untill tomrrow!! My kids all go back to school!!! They have had 21 long days off! I think I should take naps and a hot bath all day tomrrow!

Enjoy yourself tomorrow. Friday was supposed to be my afternoon off but I spent about 4 hrs in the car with DH and his to-do list. I did manage to get 3/4 of one of the blankies done while in the car.

I have set up a bag that I'm leaving in my van for doing hats. It will always be with me while I'm waiting for kids. I think I spend 3 or 4 hours every week waiting for those darlings.

I need to do the same. Always seem to be waiting on something.

Jennifer, as the mom of 3 teens who don't drive yet, I spend more time in the car, or a lobby waiting. Particularly because I'm cheap -- don't want to pay for extra gas to go home and come back again. Excuse me, the word if "Frugal" not "Cheap." :lol Any way, I :heart crochet because I can feel like I'm doing something constructive, I am not bored, and I end up with so many nice things from time that could just be wasted. Enjoy your bag for the car. One warning, though. The crochet hooks get COLD when they sit in the car in the winter!!!

Beth- Yes I like the word "frugal" so much better! I don't spend much time waiting in my car anymore- but oh, do I remember those days! I always have yarn in my trunk :lol- now I should just put a hook in there too! I could have used it while waiting for my oil change on Saturday!!

:clap:clap:cheer:cheerGetting the kids ready to go to school today!!!:cheer:cheer:clap:clap

Then it is all about me day! Other than the plumbing guy that has to come fix the drains! :yay:yay

I try to keep yarn a a hook in my car too. If your hooks get to cold and you like bamboo then that is a good alternitive. but what I do is when I get in I put my hook under my leg for the drive then when I have to wait it is warm! :devil:devil

Have a Great DAY!!:manyheart

I just counted the box of hats and there are 75! I am going to finish the baby blanket for our friends that are having a grandson soon, I guess I should make a matching hat to go with it! How is every one doing?:think

I haven't made a another hat- i have 3 made- I made a "Boston Bruins' scarf for DD yesterday and have to finish one for her roomie- I am heading to Boston to visit her on Friday and since I'm working all week, I need to do the scarf first (and a hat for DD to match her green scarf i made)

i'll be back to making some hats when I return from Boston!

Love the idea of keeping the hook under your leg to warm it up!! I have bamboo handle hooks (love them) so that wouldn't get as cold. I put one in my glove compartment this morning!!

I have 2 preemie afghans done and 2 child size round ripples completed.

I made 3 hats with the pattern you use.

I have 14 washcloths made and tons more balls of Sugar n' Cream to go.

This will be going to Blankie Depo (A Project Linus in NJ), the NICU in Oakland CA collection on here, and the elders at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Oh, and Pearlman Cancer Center.

I have not been able to pick up the hook since last week, I have alot of stress going on right now and don't know when I'll be able to get back into crocheting.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer for everyone who is able to crochet

Hi Everyone! You all are doing an awesome job on your hats:cheer The 2nd semester started last week and I am already knee deep in "stuff" to get done. The little darlings have returned in rare form and I haven't had as much crochet time as I would like.:sigh I have 3 hats done and am hoping I can get 2 more by the end of the weekend.

Have a good night!

Jamie

I would to join. I have been making wraps/shawls for a local nursing home. If I can do these and give them as I go this would be great. Please let me know if that is okay

I would to join. I have been making wraps/shawls for a local nursing home. If I can do these and give them as I go this would be great. Please let me know if that is okay

We would love to have you!!! :welcome Please remember to keep count of how many you give over the year!!!

Good Morning! I have a busy day ahead of me.... I have a "Star Student" lunch today. The girls teacher picks one student every week to be the star. On Wendsay they get to pick 2 friends to have lunch with the teacher and if a parent wants to come they are welcome to. Before I do that I have to pack a lunch and pay bills sounds like fun dosen't it? Hope every one is having a good day!

Archived