Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

:hook WTG on the hats!!!! Are you going to post pictures? :crocheting

I'm using the same yarn and the same pattern -- it seems redundant to post more pics. I am enjoying keeping a tally, though. Thanks for hosting this thread.:hug

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joanne,

I posted when you were posting! I am going to make Tommy a hat. He's so sweet. He was the smallest surviving boy born in Virginia when he came along 5 years ago. He's still tiny. He has vision and motor difficulties, but he's such an active, happy, loving child. And smart -- WHOO BOY!! I know I can't count that hat towards my box, though.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Here are the 3 hats I made the yellow and green one is super thick made with 2 strands of yarn

post-6373-135897493232_thumb.jpg

And here are the two scrapghans I made for my kids,

This one is my son's he requested no pinks or purples so I had to dig them all out

post-6373-135897493222_thumb.jpg

This one is my daughter's and she loved it with all the colors, I didn't have the ends weaved in before so was using it

post-6373-135897493229_thumb.jpg

Here are the 3 hats I made the yellow and green one is super thick made with 2 strands of yarn

[ATTACH]14654[/ATTACH]

And here are the two scrapghans I made for my kids,

This one is my son's he requested no pinks or purples so I had to dig them all out

[ATTACH]14652[/ATTACH]

This one is my daughter's and she loved it with all the colors, I didn't have the ends weaved in before so was using it

[ATTACH]14653[/ATTACH]

Dewbaby!! I love them all thanks for sharing!!! My kids drag their afghans around too!:blush

Hello ladies!! How is every one doing? me I havne't picked up a crochet hook (to crochet any way) for 2 days. I think that tonight I am going to try to do something. Hope every one is doing well!:manyheart

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for a couple of days. Everyone is so busy making hats/scarves for the Boxing Day Cal. I feel like I am lagging behind. I have been trying to finish up a Christmas (hat/scarf, wouldn't you know it.) and then I really need to finish an afghan for a wedding that is this Saturday January 9th but I do have a scarf started for the Boxing Day Cal. I have a pattern similar to the one dorothysgirls is using. It is a real easy one to do and its quite easy to do one a day. I will keep everyone updated on my slow slow progress.

This is my first time checking in since joining. Everyone's hats and ghans look lovely.

I have completed my 2nd baby ghan, just have to border and weave ends. I am planning to make hats and booties to match but we'll see. Maybe I'll have some pics to share by this evening.

Welcome back. I can't wait to see pictures!! :manyheart

This is my first time checking in since joining. Everyone's hats and ghans look lovely.

I have completed my 2nd baby ghan, just have to border and weave ends. I am planning to make hats and booties to match but we'll see. Maybe I'll have some pics to share by this evening.

:devil I have crossed over to the dark side... I am knitting scarves. We bought the twins new coats and they picked out yarn that they wanted for scarves and hat. Well needless to say the yarn they picked looks better if it is knitted. :devil I will post pics when I am done if any one wants to see them.

How is every one doing? I hope that you are all well and no one is to snowed in. The temps droped here badly. It has been well in to the negative numbers at night.

I would love to see the knitted scarves when they are done! I'll be working on a hat this weekend, but it will not be for charity, it will be for my DD to match a scarf I made her. Need to have it for next weekend when I go visit her in Boston. Maybe Ill do 2 hats this weekend- one for her, one for charity. It is my first day off after working 12 in a row- (and I do have to do some cleaning around here and put Christmas away first.

Hope everyone is well!!!

hi beautiful hats everyone..i was working as quickly as possible on afghan for my sister that has ovarian cancer made with joannes rainbow boucle....very light and soft..then i fell and broke arm and shoulder---cant use arm and hand on left side at all---no crocheting is the worst part--pain of physical nature easier to tolerate than no crocheting..will see monday if and when surgery..i'm here in the background cheering each of you on though:cheer

Patterncollector, hope you mend most quickly! :)

Still working on scarves for shelters.

Not snowed in, though it did snow a bit. We've got midwestern winter down here in camellia country.

hi beautiful hats everyone..i was working as quickly as possible on afghan for my sister that has ovarian cancer made with joannes rainbow boucle....very light and soft..then i fell and broke arm and shoulder---cant use arm and hand on left side at all---no crocheting is the worst part--pain of physical nature easier to tolerate than no crocheting..will see monday if and when surgery..i'm here in the background cheering each of you on though:cheer

Pattern, I am so sorry that you are hurt. I hope that you heal quickly and you can get back to crochet. Please keep us updated on how both you and your sister are. I wll send lots of warm fuzzies and good thoughts to both of you! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Joanne, I hope you enjoy your time off. Try not to do to much cleaning. (it was never my favorite thing)!!

Gran, I would love to see pictures of your scarves if you can post them.

I am going to work on the twins scarves and try to read the rest of the book I started yesterday. I hope evey one has a great day!:manyheart

Mary that sounds great!

Pattern- So sorry about the shoulder! Prayers that it will heal quickly! And prayers for your sister- my friend was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 5 years ago- had surgery, chemo, and is doing well.

Archived