Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

I will be making hats too, not sure yet where I will donate them yet maybe my local food bank, I made hats for Walmart to donate earlier this yr and then noticed a few of my hats at the foodbank when I was there and the lady said they go really fast.

I am going to try and make at least 1 hat a week maybe more depends on what else I got going at the time.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All. The hat making is not going so well today. I think I have 3 done. The kids all seem to think that today I need to wait on them hand and foot. I sent them out side to play in the snow and now they are all back in the house wanting lunch.

We are still snowed in. I haven't checked the road report yet today but if we got the wind that they were calling for I am sure that the roads are all drifted shut.

Dorothy-It wasn't a crochet day for me today, either! We went to DD and SIL's house with my middle DD and her BF and watched football all day (and I didn't have my crochet with me). tomorrow is back to work for me- very busy week at that- working late and all weekend- so not sure how much crocheting I'll get in this week but I'll be cheering everyone on!

Stay warm and hope you are not snowed in much longer!! All our snow (12-14) got washed away yesterday with all the rain we had. The sun was shining brightly today and it was an awesome day. Amazing- last Saturday/Sun we had tons of snow, this week none!

I'm finishing a shawl for my sister and then I will start my boxing day stuff.

Tonight I made ham that I have been promising my dh for 3 days and scalloped potatoes. I love meals you shove in the oven and pull out later and you're done...except for green bean. I really like recipes with 5 ingredients or less. I hate to cook.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Hi Everyone, I didn't post anything at this thread yesterday but did get started on a scarf for the Boxing Day CAL. I guess it wasn't much of a crochet day for me as I did not get much done on it. Dorothy, I think you have everyone in this CAL eating dust. I mean 22 hats in one day. WOW!!! The pattern you are using is similar to one I use. Mine you keep increasing each round until you get to 56 stitches in a round and you make 14 rounds. I think now I will make some with 36 stitches, 48 stitches, and 56 stitches and 10 to 14 rounds. That way I will have some for adults/teenagers, older children/young teens, and babies. It is an easy pattern and they do make up quickly. But I still think my goal will be 50 caps/scarves. Any more will just be a bonus. Now that the New Year is upon us I hope the first part of the year I hope to declutter my house. Its something I keep saying each year but don't get to. Well its time. Take care everyone. Let the crochet hooks fly.

Hello all!! I have finished 3 hats today. I am going to take a break from hats for a couple of days and work on something just for me... I am going to start my Cathedral Rose Window. I will still work on filling the charilty box but I want to get this started as it is my christmas present to myself for next year. Don't worry I will still be checking in here a couple of times a day I like to read about what every one is up to. :devil

good morning everyone! Not sure how many hats if any I'll get done this week. I will be working 12 days in a row starting today! I am working on finishing my DH's flannelghan which was supposed to be his birthday (november) present. I've got to get that off my WIP list!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Good Morning eerybody. Wow some of you are really busy making hats. I only got one done so far. I'm trying to finish my granddaughters' blanket it was for Christmas first. Should be done with it this morning. Plus I cleaned my house after having Christmas here. And scoop out my car. We ended up with 17 inches of snow total (that is from two snow storms). Some of the piles of snow around town where business piled it up is like 15 to 20 feet tall.

Have a Good Day

Pauly

I made 2 hats so far and am working on a baby dress now, I keeping seeing signs around town that one of the churches are collecting hats and blankets for Africa so I may check into that and see how long thats going on, otherwise mine will go to the council of communtiy services.

Hello Ladies!! I got the center of my CRW done and now i have to put the triangles in it but I think I am going to take a break from it and make a couple hats tonight. I am having a hard time seeing it at night with the black yarn. I hope that every one is doing well!! :manyheart

I made 2 hats so far and am working on a baby dress now, I keeping seeing signs around town that one of the churches are collecting hats and blankets for Africa so I may check into that and see how long thats going on, otherwise mine will go to the council of communtiy services.

That sounds great! If they are sending them before next December and you send your with it just keep a total so at the end of the year we can see how much stuff we finish for charity in a year. :hug

Hello Ladies!! I got the center of my CRW done and now i have to put the triangles in it but I think I am going to take a break from it and make a couple hats tonight. I am having a hard time seeing it at night with the black yarn. I hope that every one is doing well!! :manyheart

Dorothy, are you using the colors used in the pattern, or are you using something different?

I am using diffrent colors. I wanted it to look more like the colors found in stained glass. So I am using Mexicana and all the colors that go with it. If you would like I will post progress pictures here for you. The colors are off in the picture but they usually are. what looks like blue is actually purple. I will be adding red and blue later.

post-19553-135897490064_thumb.jpg

ok...i'm going to be sending to a few different places and since going into the box for 2010 counts I'm starting off with 4 afghans (2 preemie and 2 infant) and I just made 6 washcloths this weekend that will go to a cancer center and be given to patients coming for radiation/chemo treatments.

i am sooo looking forward to charity crochet in 2010!

scooby and terrijo - long time to hear. :hug

Dorothy, your afghan looks gorgeous! I am looking forward to progress pics. It will be fun to watch it grow.

I may put my poncho aside for today, and work on another hat. I am supposed to do one a week and it's Tuesday already...

Hello All and good morning!

I made one hat yesterday I was to busy with the kids and my CRW. I am hoping that the little two will go off to a play date today so I can get my Christmas tree down. Then I can reorganize my living room.

Every one is doing so great with their charity work so far!!! I am so happy that you all have joined me!!

Here is what I have done so far on my blanky...

post-19553-135897490102_thumb.jpg

Dorothy, that sure does sound tempting. Unfortunately I have laundry tomorrow. I did one load this afternoon because I spent the morning trying to clean off the table. Besides eating at our table I have been keeping my bills to pay as well as the copies of the paid bills and any other things, such as crochet patterns, magazines, grocery ads, etc. that I am currently looking at/working with on the table too. Well my mountain and the couple of boxes I was using to store the paid bills in was taking over the table. Since I recently got rid of some paperback books that has freed up a couple of shelves so I have been moving that stuff to those shelves. My husband and I are packrats and our house is so full the seams are bursting. My goal/resolution for 2010 is to get rid of a bunch of stuff and get this house organized for once. Anyway that is enough of that stuff. We have some things to do to get ready for Christmas plus I am working on a scarf but its part of a Christmas present for my family. I am also working on an afghan for a January 9 wedding. But on December 26 I do plan on at least getting a start on either a scarf or hat for the CAL. I have a huge stash of yarn so I have some ready to use for the scarves and hats. Will keep everyone posted. Merry Christmas/:sheepxmas Fleece Navidad to everyone in the Boxing Day CAL.

We're guilty of hoarding things too. We have really made an effort this year to get some of the items out to charities and people that can put them to good use.

Hello All and good morning!

I made one hat yesterday I was to busy with the kids and my CRW. I am hoping that the little two will go off to a play date today so I can get my Christmas tree down. Then I can reorganize my living room.

Every one is doing so great with their charity work so far!!! I am so happy that you all have joined me!!

Here is what I have done so far on my blanky...

[ATTACH]14192[/ATTACH]

Thanks for hosting this! I got one hat finished this morning.

Morning All!

I woke up to falling snow this morning! We are actually getting snow in NM and it's sticking! We don't get it very often in town; it's usually too warm. Our snow fall is most often always in the mountains. This is the 4th time we've gotten snow this year...talk about being snowed in:eek...we don't know what to do with ourselves:lol

So, I have myself a hat pattern and the whole day to spend at home working on hats:hook

Jamie

Morning All!

I woke up to falling snow this morning! We are actually getting snow in NM and it's sticking! We don't get it very often in town; it's usually too warm. Our snow fall is most often always in the mountains. This is the 4th time we've gotten snow this year...talk about being snowed in:eek...we don't know what to do with ourselves:lol

So, I have myself a hat pattern and the whole day to spend at home working on hats:hook

Jamie

Usually I like snow but currently I am sick of it! I am glad that you will have the day to crochet and watch the snow! What pattern are you using?

I'm using a red heart pattern called crochet head-hugger cap. I can't stand red heart yarn though, so I'm using Caron Simply Soft Baby Brights Ombre instead. So far so good. Starting the 3rd round:hook We'll see what happens....

Hi everyone- Dorothy- the CRW is beautiful!

WTG everyone on their hats, blankies, etc.

I'm finishing up on DH's flannelghan, and then will step back in with another hat. I really have to finish it for him- he is getting jealous that I put his (november) birthday present aside to make Christmas presents and then went right into making scarves for DD and her roomie and then hats.

I'll be back as soon as I'm done with the flannelghan. (which may not be for a couple of days since I am working every day including New Years).

Stay warm everyone- and enjoy the snow in NM fluteloopsjp!

Archived