Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

I really liked Darski's idea and was getting ready to join when it got closed.... :( So I will start a new one. I will be making hats for the school kids and for the babies.

Hats or scarves, mittens, baby blankets any thing you want for charity. Toss them in a box and The first week of December 2010 we will add all the total up. I will also keep a list of the places that we decide to send hats to!!! Any one want to join me?

Dorothy.... Central Wyoming Medical Center and Pineview elementary.

Imanurse55 (Joanne)... Hat, mitten and scarf tree.

Mamabear10...

Miss Scarlet (Mary)...

Grammacrocheting (Donna)...

Scoobydoo0811...

Gran...

Tnkycrochetnut (Kathy)... Church clothes closet

Karin4christ (Karin)...

Pamshooked (Pam)...God's tiny angels

Hockeymomcrochets (Mary)... NICU blankets

Patterncollector...

Jenniferelyse74 (Jennifer)...NICU blankets & hats

Barklikeaduck (Linda)...

Vickietoria... Hats and scarves for DHR kids

Grammy Roberts...

TaylorLynn (Tay).... Scarves for pineview school

Terrijo (Terri)... hats scarves and baby blankets for family support center and food bank

Basjordan (Beth)...Hats for brain surgey patients.

Pineknott... Scarves for kids!!

Fluteloopsjp (Jamie)... NICU blankets and hats

Dewbaby00.... Hats for the food bank

SassyKat0901... Baby hats blankets and something for the soldiers

TNcrochet (Pam)... Shawls and wraps for nursing homes

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to scooby doo today and she said she was going to join us!! We are getting a great group of ladies in on this!! I can't wait to start. I need to sort through all the yarn that i have in little balls to get ready for this... I guess I know what I am doing this week while I clean.:devil Thank you all for joining me!!!!!

Thanks for starting the new thread. I like this CAL. I gave one of the scarves to the neighbor today. She's collecting them to give to the women's shelter. She liked the pattern, length, etc. I like being able to make one-skein projects.

Count me in on this CAL. I have been making scarves and hats for my church's clothes closet this year and plan on continuing doing this in 2010. For that reason I may not save my items until December 2010 but will keep a count. If this is acceptable for this CAL, count me in. Hats and scarves are fun to make. It is also an easy project to carry with you to work on when you are waiting in doctor's offices or anyplace where you will have a waiting period. Basically all you need to carry is some yarn, a hook, and maybe something to clip your yarn if you finish your project while you are out.

I found this article about boxing day and I thought I would share.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/boxingday.asp

thanks for sharing that article- very interesting! Every year at work we have a mitten/hat/scarf tree that we donate to the local shelter. I think that's what I'll do with my box of hats and scarves!

I sorted through yarn last night and weighed all the little balls of yarn I have laying around! Any thing that was big enough to make a hat went in a basket the stuff that wasn't I put in a diffrent basket for a scrap blanket! I feel like I acomplished something. Even if it dosen't look like. :hook

I sorted through yarn last night and weighed all the little balls of yarn I have laying around! Any thing that was big enough to make a hat went in a basket the stuff that wasn't I put in a diffrent basket for a scrap blanket! I feel like I acomplished something. Even if it dosen't look like. :hook

It's amazing how much yarn you can get leftover from projects isn't it? What a great way to put it to use. Organizing the stash is half the battle....it'll work up alot faster for you since you have it all in easy reach

Well today my garbage disposal broke (and is leaking water every where). The kids are fighting, I am trying to clean, Hubby is in a mood and all I wan to do is load up my truck with yarn and hooks and go some where quiet to make hats. Any one want to join me? :devil:devil

Archived